Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And this is at a discount because they basically gave him a huge bump this year to get savings on the back end. If you look at it accurately, its a 4 year/$86 mil extension. Good player, but I didnt want to pay that for what would be a backup on this roster
    Seems like a good gauge of Herb's next contract. Someone on Twitter mentioned that.

Are we going to have to get into the Ayton trade talks, just for talent-value alone? If the market has dried up this much on him, and Suns don't want him that much, seems like the asking price could go down, making front offices re-think him as a possibility. Probably not for Pels, but possible.

Curious if this is 4-6 months in regular recovery time, or Pelicans recovery time and he is out for the year
    Well, is it the Pelicans releasing the update? That always seems to be the common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Seems like a good gauge of Herb's next contract. Someone on Twitter mentioned that.

Are we going to have to get into the Ayton trade talks, just for talent-value alone? If the market has dried up this much on him, and Suns don't want him that much, seems like the asking price could go down, making front offices re-think him as a possibility. Probably not for Pels, but possible.
    Except Herb is already significantly better than him, so it's more reasonable.

Not really interested in investing what would have to be at least near a max contract in a C who isn't a legit difference maker on the highest levels (read: Jokic or Embiid).

Heat trying to get KD. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Heat trying to get KD. Allegedly.
    They have no real route to it. Can't use Bam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Unless... they move Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Technically yeah but Simmons' value is low right now, and teams would know they're moving him largely because they're hamstrung with him still on the roster so they'd get zero value back for him. They'd essentially have to accept a massive loss on Simmons, which they have no reason to do if there's just a normal Ayton trade sat waiting for them from Phoenix.

Nets would have to love Bam to the ends of the earth for it to be worth it for them

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You cant sell low on Simmons and Kyrie - that negates the return you get for KD. Maybe if they had their picks, they could go that route, but they cant without them.

I think it will be Ayton, Bridges, and picks. Question is how many picks, if Cam is included, etc but that just seems to be the most logical conclusion to this. I hope that the Clippers response to that is to enter the Kyrie sweepstakes. Or Miami. Someone. Kyrie will always eventually sabotage something, but on a 1 yr deal with the Lakers, I have no doubt he would be on his best behavior and they would actually be good this year
    @mcnamara247

That's the Lakers roster pretty much full, I think

Seems like the Lakers can only sign Klutch athletes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Seems like the Lakers can only sign Klutch athletes lol
    Now, it's still early and there's a lot of room for all manner of things to happen.

But I'll be real with you. It's looking like another Lakers 10th seed, folks.

Kyrie for Westbrook and the Lakers 2027 and 2029 picks feels like destiny
    Welcome to be here

I just saw on HoopsHype that if they can't land KD they'll go after Crowder.

Now, it's still early and there's a lot of room for all manner of things to happen.

But I'll be real with you. It's looking like another Lakers 10th seed, folks.
    Where would you put them if they got Kyrie and Harris for Westbrook, 2 firsts and a pick swap?

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Kyrie for Westbrook and the Lakers 2027 and 2029 picks feels like destiny
    Sean marks need to be slapped twice if he agrees to that.

Where would you put them if they got Kyrie and Harris for Westbrook, 2 firsts and a pick swap?
    Depends on health, with Kyrie's knees it's far from ensured, and it's still not a deep team but they're better. 7th or 8th seed, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Sean marks need to be slapped twice if he agrees to that.
    Yeah it's a hugely under-player-value trade.

Warriors make alot of sense for KD, they have the assets to trump any deal and they would want to black suns and mavs to get KD. The vets would sign off on it because it's best for the short term...
    AKA St. David

Thread Information