Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Another confirmation
    So funny how blatant the "tampering" occurs in free agency, yet Silver only reacts in certain cases when another owner complains.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So funny how blatant the "tampering" occurs in free agency, yet Silver only reacts in certain cases when another owner complains.
    He punished teams that announced sign and trades a minute after FA began. Would do so again this year, so I bet you dont see those. That was the difference. We know all of these were done days before, but you can argue you can come to terms on a UFA in one minute. Cant convince anybody something as hard as a S&T can come together that quick.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He punished teams that announced sign and trades a minute after FA began. Would do so again this year, so I bet you dont see those. That was the difference. We know all of these were done days before, but you can argue you can come to terms on a UFA in one minute. Cant convince anybody something as hard as a S&T can come together that quick.
    More like inconveniencing them and taking 2nd round picks. Yeah... cool.

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If I recall, the reason it became an issue is because another team complained.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If I recall, the reason it became an issue is because another team complained.
    Other teams complain ALL THE TIME. Again, the reason those were targeted was because they were sign and trades

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    When a fanbase is so desperate for mediocrity... They would be happy with anything till they get embarrassed with yearly 1st round exits. Regardless if they want to be honest or not... Winning raise standards. They'll be the 1st ones to yell for a rebuild.

Even then, KD is not the answer.
    When your franchise has been saddled with awfulness for the vast majority of its history, yeah, mediocrity in the form of 5-6 straight years of playoffs would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    When your franchise has been saddled with awfulness for the vast majority of its history, yeah, mediocrity in the form of 5-6 straight years of playoffs would be welcomed.
    Except nothing about the state of this franchise, even without "hit it and quit it" KD, screams mediocrity.

People who say that are just arguing with lazy bad faith nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Except nothing about the state of this franchise, even without "hit it and quit it" KD, screams mediocrity.

People who say that are just arguing with lazy bad faith nonsense.
    That's not what I said. What I SAID is, when you've had as little success as a franchise as we've had, even a string of 5-6 consecutive years of playoffs would be considered a step up. I didn't say we should be satisfied with that, and I didn't say that's all we have to look forward to. I was talking about our HISTORICAL achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    That's not what I said. What I SAID is, when you've had as little success as a franchise as we've had, even a string of 5-6 consecutive years of playoffs would be considered a step up. I didn't say we should be satisfied with that, and I didn't say that's all we have to look forward to. I was talking about our HISTORICAL achievements.
    Exactly. I honestly believe that this core, with reasonable health and development, is going to be a consistent playoff team, with multiple showings in the WCF, over the next 5-7 years. If some luck falls our way, I could see that even including a finals trip. And yes, stranger things have happened: it may even include a title if everything goes well. But let's say something like 6 straight playoff appearances with 2 appearances in the WCF.

That would make it by far the most successful iteration of the Pelicans in the entire history of the franchise. Of course I'd be happy about that.

Sure, if we got KD (we won't) and won a chip (I don't think we would) that would be awesome, but it probably transforms that 5-7 year success window into maybe 2-3 years, and then a complete restart.

Would I rather 6 consecutive playoff appearances, multiple WCF appearances, with a team that we get the pride of saying was built and not bought with maybe only a 5% chance of a ring in those 6 years, over 2 years of success with a coinflip of a championship, bought off the back of Twitter Soldier Kevin Durant?

To me the answer is clearly the former.

Grizz starting next season with a big oof. 6 months takes them basically until January. Missing JJJ for half the year, basically.

Grizz starting next season with a big oof. 6 months takes them basically until January. Missing JJJ for half the year, basically.
    Curious if this is 4-6 months in regular recovery time, or Pelicans recovery time and he is out for the year

and we finish with some expected extensions.

Sham had the gun ready to fire.

The man is still going!

Portis with a player option!

Portland is paying Anfernee Simons $25m a year, oof.

Bradley Beal gets a max extension. That's an overpay, Jesus Christ

Morey gradually just rebuilding the Rockets but in Philadelphia this time

After signing Daniels, Pels would be about 3.5 from tax line. No roster spots available. Calculate all trade ideas, signings, etc with that in mind. They arent going to finish the year in the tax

Thread Information