Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Is toughness just fighting, bullying, etc? Because toughness can also be resilience and I think this team now has that in spades. Never give up grinders everywhere. Do they have fight starters and punishers like PJ or Morris, etc? No but I don’t like that kind of “toughness” any way. I love the resilience type of toughness, not guys who are always arguing, pretending like they are gonna fight, and getting technicals.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    We must have watched two different playoff races
    These are fair points.

I grew up a Bad Boys Pistons fan. I was 10 in 1986 and when they lost in 7 games to the Celtics and they captured my little heart. Now, of course, I'm not pining for those days to return. However, I just think we need one or two mean dudes to win a Championship. Like I said, Zion could become that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kemba Walker is expected to join the Los Angeles Clippers on a minimum deal, per sources. Roster now stands at 386, with cuts likely before season gets underway

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I just think we need one or two mean dudes to win a Championship. Like I said, Zion could become that guy.
    Zion? Mean?

Passive is as passive does. And I assure you, Zion is quite impressionable...quite pliable. He lives as the winds blow.

These are fair points.

I grew up a Bad Boys Pistons fan. I was 10 in 1986 and when they lost in 7 games to the Celtics and they captured my little heart. Now, of course, I'm not pining for those days to return. However, I just think we need one or two mean dudes to win a Championship. Like I said, Zion could become that guy.
    I would say we have a team full of John Salley and Detroit Rodmans. Maybe no Mahorn or Laimbeer type of bully tough guys, but 3 Salleys, 2 Rodmans and 2 Dumars with Zion as the Isiah in terms of being to elevate it to the highest level when he is on
    @mcnamara247

BI got that dawg in him now, CJ tapped into it. Herb, dawg. Jose, dawg. Trey and Dyson, future dawgs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    BI got that dawg in him now, CJ tapped into it. Herb, dawg. Jose, dawg. Trey and Dyson, future dawgs.
    lol... BI has been ascending BI long before CJ. I'd love for someone to track BI's career before he ran the court and flew in with an overhand fist to try and end Chris Paul! I think that was the turning point in his career if we're being fair, not anything CJ did.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    lol... BI has been ascending BI long before CJ. I'd love for someone to track BI's career before he ran the court and flew in with an overhand fist to try and end Chris Paul! I think that was the turning point in his career if we're being fair, not anything CJ did.
    I think we saw a mentality from BI that we had not seen prior to 2021-2022. He was a killer, and he was talking ********. I loved it

You (and everyone else) needs to be thinking way smaller or you are gonna be disappointed by this off-season IMO
    I'm team keep roster as is

Season Ticket Holder
    I would say we have a team full of John Salley and Detroit Rodmans. Maybe no Mahorn or Laimbeer type of bully tough guys, but 3 Salleys, 2 Rodmans and 2 Dumars with Zion as the Isiah in terms of being to elevate it to the highest level when he is on
    I cried when the Timberwolves took Mahorn in the expansion draft. Lol.

Season Ticket Holder
    I'm team keep roster as is
    I am too. But I have a wandering eye.......

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    He's likely going to Lakers or (haha) Clippers, but I wouldn't be mad about Blake Griffin on the Pels as just another big. He's not the rim protector we need, but if we move Jaxson and EJ isn't ready from day 1, I think he works. Nance has a pretty consistent injury history and with no Jaxson, we're going to need another player who can do what we're expecting from Nance until EJ is ready.

I am too. But I have a wandering eye.......
    Lol adding new players is always more fun

Season Ticket Holder
    Or just speculating on a message board......

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Most Valuable Bag Fumbler.
    Definitely losing the turnover battle

Adding Graham was fun? Bledsoe?

It's fandom to expect you're getting the best version of the player you traded for

Then reality hits

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Most Valuable Bag Fumbler.
    Definitely losing the turnover battle

I'm honestly at a point where I don't expect any real moves from the Pels, aside from maybe some small margins moves, and I am totally okay with that. I like the idea of going into the season with CJ, BI, Zion, JV, Herb, Trey, Dyson, Liddell, Jose, and just seeing what happens. Maybe we move off Jaxson before the season starts, maybe we can get off Graham, but maybe not and that's fine - I think the roster we have now is interesting and exciting.

I'd rather us do nothing than make a move just so that we can say we made a move, you know?
    Basketball.

I think they are willing to talk out any Graham plus Hayes packages with teams but aren’t looking to move them at all costs. Sounds like the ideal would be to take back one guy for those two, at a shorter contract than Graham. So, a Barnes, a Bogdanovic (either one), etc without having to give up real draft equity would be ideal. But If it’s not there, there are fine going into the season as is, giving EJ a two way and making the trade later and/or cutting Temple later and signing EJ then

I'm honestly at a point where I don't expect any real moves from the Pels, aside from maybe some small margins moves, and I am totally okay with that. I like the idea of going into the season with CJ, BI, Zion, JV, Herb, Trey, Dyson, Liddell, Jose, and just seeing what happens. Maybe we move off Jaxson before the season starts, maybe we can get off Graham, but maybe not and that's fine - I think the roster we have now is interesting and exciting.

I'd rather us do nothing than make a move just so that we can say we made a move, you know?
    That's why I said it's essentially just force of habit that people want another move

Run it back szn

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That's why I said it's essentially just force of habit that people want another move

Run it back szn
    This fanbase is so used to having a shallow, uninteresting roster that desperately needs talent or promise that people are just reflexively requesting shakeups that don't need to happen.

Run it back!

Zion keeping present in the community. Follows up on his camp, and then playing basketball with random kids out in public parks.

Do you think this Pels team needs that kind of instigator tough guy to really contend? Of course can't come close to Laimbeer type knockout hits. But we saw how much Draymond's tough, crazy antics have swayed series (both ways). Tucker, Beverly, Smart kind of.

Herb actually has this level of game-shifting frustration power on defense, but is the calm-collected gentleman about it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Zion keeping present in the community. Follows up on his camp, and then playing basketball with random kids out in public parks.
    Man's PR team is working overtime lmao.

Thread Information