Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October 30th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Clippers - 3-2

Pelicans October 30th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Clippers - 3-2

A loss, unsurprisingly, last game with everyone out but I was impressed with some of the hustle and effort nonetheless.

Today we're in LA, playing the Clippers. Ingram and dyson are both listed as out, Zion and Herb as questionable.

Let's see what happens!
    Basketball.

Clippers have had turnover issues this year, and on the other side, they dont turn their opponent over. But per non-turnover possession, they are MUCH better than their opponent. They are shooting 47% while their opponents shoot 43%. They get to the line 22 times, opponent 19

But they also allow more offensive rebounds than they collect. So, bottom line - you beat them by having more possessions. Take advantage of how loose they are with the ball, and dont turn it over. Crash the glass, and clean up their misses. Equal shot attempts, and the Clips likely win. Gotta create more chances, and not waste your possessions with turnovers
    @mcnamara247

Zion is playing.

This game will be played at 12 noon local time. So I'd expect a weird out of the ordinary outcome.

Going to prepare myself for the convo when Zion looks WAY better again with no BI

Getting to watch a game that's on at a reasonable time in the UK, what a miracle.

CJ, though he has had moments, has been really pretty tragically inefficient to start this year, and even dating back to last year's postseason. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    CJ, though he has had moments, has been really pretty tragically inefficient to start this year, and even dating back to last year's postseason. It's weird.
    He will have a resurgence in a few years when they have the courage to make him a super 6th. Until then, he will be very up and down.

Nance acting like that wasn't a bad pass.

Is Trey going to be out 2 weeks now?

Tied at the half, I'll take

Willie needs to let Zion be Point Zion every minute BI isnt on the court. Has no excuse now after this game

Zion is good, but idk why I honestly thought he was gonna be the next Lebron coming out

Clippers getting shellacked

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Zion is good, but idk why I honestly thought he was gonna be the next Lebron coming out
    I never thought Lebron, but I thought he was gonna be a bigger prime Derrick Rose, with better D. Still time

Nance is fing amazing. I think he will play a lot of minutes in playoffs(depending on matchup of course) if we get there.
    Trigga was cold today, but i still like the confidence. Mccollum as always, he will get points but on a lot of shots.
    Zion still forcing stuff, but thats his way. More concerning was how he gave up on couple of possessions on defense.
    Naji was great today and Val didnt do anything special which was expected in this matchup.
    One more win in pocket and on to the next one, and next one counts for 2!!!

Gonna be so interesting to see how the Pels finish games if everyone is healthy come playoffs

Zion, BI, and CJ will be in. Then, you gotta choose 2 of: JV, Trey, Nance, and Herb. I think JV is least likely of the 4 unless you are playing Jokic. I really think Herb could be on the bench

Held the Clippers to 39 second half points, and 10 of those came in garbage time in the last couple of minutes.

Was watching the game on a Clippers feed. Near the end, one announcer said the Pels had done a good job defensively, and the other immediately piped up and said, "I don't think it was the Pels defense, as much as it was the Clippers played with no energy." Still being disrespected.

Started this weird noon tipoff as you might expect. A cold 7 - 19 for 37%.

Shot 53% the rest of the game and the Clippers were cold the whole way.

Oh yeah Naji... smdh

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Was watching the game on a Clippers feed. Near the end, one announcer said the Pels had done a good job defensively, and the other immediately piped up and said, "I don't think it was the Pels defense, as much as it was the Clippers played with no energy." Still being disrespected.
    Little of column A, little of column B

Basketball Guru
    this team crazy deep...

Clips already were on a 3-game losing streak. You come into this home game with no energy you got problems.

Crypto.com Arena crew gonna be working their tails off the next 24-36 hours. Court had to be branded for Clippers for a noon start, then converted to Lakers branding for a 6:30pm start, and then back to Clippers branding for a 7:30pm Clippers start tomorrow night.

I’m glad the Pels got acclimated to the Los Angeles arena today. Our next game counts 2-for-1.

Thread Information