Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Should have gone with the wink instead of the ??

Lesson learned lol
    Please tell us Griff won't try and trade BI for KD.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Please tell us Griff won't try and trade BI for KD.
    I will not tell you that. Sorry

I would bet against it but I won’t tell you it has zero chance
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Maybe. But I just can’t buy that there’s a real chance it occurs. Like anything above a 1 in 4 chance would be way higher than I’d anticipate.

Let's be honest.
    KD is just using NOLA as a means to get out of Brooklyn.
    It's not that he wants to really be in New Orleans, it's he'd rather that than Brooklyn.

I wouldn't give all that up for a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Maybe. But I just can’t buy that there’s a real chance it occurs. Like anything above a 1 in 4 chance would be way higher than I’d anticipate.
    It's one of those things. It's technically possible, and I'm sure there's some dialogue, but I would be genuinely shocked if it happened. I didn't think Griff would do it, given his past statements, with anyone but if he did move one of BI or Zion, I was sure it would be Zion. Now that he's wrapped up and extended, and therefore not going to be moved for Durant, I think we're unlikely to make any such move.

BI means a lot to the fanbase and the city. If Griff was even remotely honest with his whole ''if you're all in, we're all in'' claims, he won't move BI. Ingram has been all in since day one in New Orleans, which you can't just throw away for a mercenary.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

If Griff was even remotely honest.
    Cue JJ Redick in 3,2,1 …

The Franchise
    The good part about KD coming here is we could limit his minutes which could make his stay in the NBA longer. Imagine him playing 30-34 min instead of like 40 he did in Brooklyn. Still I’d only offer Jonas, Hayes/Nance, Temple, Graham, Jose (hometown guy), and 4-5 firsts. Take it or leave it, I’m not scalping the team and giving all my firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    The good part about KD coming here is we could limit his minutes which could make his stay in the NBA longer. Imagine him playing 30-34 min instead of like 40 he did in Brooklyn. Still I’d only offer Jonas, Hayes/Nance, Temple, Graham, Jose (hometown guy), and 4-5 firsts. Take it or leave it, I’m not scalping the team and giving all my firsts.
    He averaged 35 minutes a game across his 2 seasons of play in Brooklyn. 35.6, to be exact. In the playoffs that went up to 41, but in the playoffs that's to be expected: BI played 34 minutes a night for us last season but 39 per game in the playoffs.

WHY NETS.

WTF MAN.

Okay so according to the Haynes article, part of the reason discussions aren't 100% smooth between Lakers and Nets is that the Nets want the Lakers to take on Joe Harris and the Lakers want Seth Curry instead.

But... Joe Harris is a good player to put alongside Lebron and Kyrie? He's not perfect, defense is rough of course, but he can really shoot and he's a solid passer. If you can get off the absolute anchor that is Westbrook's contract and all you have to do in exchange is take on the slight overpay in Harris' deal, why wouldn't you?

Edit: Just remembered Harris had a second ankle surgery, that's probably the concern. Medical.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 07-02-2022 at 06:59 PM.

If I'm an NBA GM I'm not even answering a call from an LA area code. if its the Clipper and not the lakers they should leave a message.

The Lakers have won titles from fleecing other teams. Let Russ rot on their roster. Keep Kyrie on the roster and DNP him. But no way do you send him to the Lakers.

Would seem to indicate Brooklyn is indeed getting more realistic about their future

Okay so according to the Haynes article, part of the reason discussions aren't 100% smooth between Lakers and Nets is that the Nets want the Lakers to take on Joe Harris and the Lakers want Seth Curry instead.

But... Joe Harris is a good player to put alongside Lebron and Kyrie? He's not perfect, defense is rough of course, but he can really shoot and he's a solid passer. If you can get off the absolute anchor that is Westbrook's contract and all you have to do in exchange is take on the slight overpay in Harris' deal, why wouldn't you?

Edit: Just remembered Harris had a second ankle surgery, that's probably the concern. Medical.
    And there's the $30 million dollar difference.
    Joe Harris due $38.6 million over the next two seasons.
    Seth Curry on a $8.5 million expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    And there's the $30 million dollar difference.
    Joe Harris due $38.6 million over the next two seasons.
    Seth Curry on a $8.5 million expiring contract.
    Yes but Joe Harris, when healthy, is worth that money. He's also a good fit next to Lebron. Plus, the Lakers shouldn't care about the expiring factor, as they're in win-now mode: the only question should be how to put the best players around Lebron, AD, and (hypothetically) Kyrie to try and get championships.

The fact that he's maybe being paid a bit more than they'd like doesn't matter. You're trading Westbrook. He sucks. And you're getting Kyrie back, who is actually very good when he's actually on court. In that circumstance you don't get to complain about a slight overpay to a throw-in. Beggars cannot be choosers and the Lakers are very much begging on their knees right now but, with typical LA hubris, also think they have the right to set the terms of negotiation. Pure arrogance.

Yes but Joe Harris, when healthy, is worth that money. He's also a good fit next to Lebron. Plus, the Lakers shouldn't care about the expiring factor, as they're in win-now mode: the only question should be how to put the best players around Lebron, AD, and (hypothetically) Kyrie to try and get championships.

The fact that he's maybe being paid a bit more than they'd like doesn't matter. You're trading Westbrook. He sucks. And you're getting Kyrie back, who is actually very good when he's actually on court. In that circumstance you don't get to complain about a slight overpay to a throw-in. Beggars cannot be choosers and the Lakers are very much begging on their knees right now but, with typical LA hubris, also think they have the right to set the terms of negotiation. Pure arrogance.
    Lakers let Caruso walk over $10 million per, they are not your typical big market franchise.

Lakers let Caruso walk over $10 million per, they are not your typical big market franchise.
    I mean, in a way, they are. Look at the Knicks and the last 20 years of the Bulls. It's been typical for the stereotypical big market NBA franchises to make bad decisions for a while now.

Lakers really gonna get Kyrie for Westbrook huh

smh

embedded
    I hope Zion finally understands how important he is to this organization! Everything he has been doing for several months shows that he is - that's why signing him for the next 5 years is so important. Great, I'm glad - next season is ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Cue JJ Redick in 3,2,1 ?
    He's the team's Vice President of Basketball Operations which trumps being Uncle Dave....Thank God.

I don't care a billionaire's pockets, only the on court product

I don't care a billionaire's pockets, only the on court product
    I'm just stating the reality behind getting Curry with Kyrie or Harris with Kyrie to get rid of Westbrook.
    Some owners would say sure why not pay an additional $43.8 million for Joe Harris after a season of ankle issues that resulted in surgery, the other owner in LA & the one over Golden State are two of them, Lakers are not.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I love that Nets are trying to stick Lakers with a HUGE tax bill if they want Kyrie. There's undoubtedly a feeling in Brooklyn that there has been some tampering with Kyrie by Lakers. Even if you say it's not technically tampering because conversations between players can happen, everyone knows LeBron is running that franchise. If I'm the Nets, I'm content to send Kyrie home for the year rather than capitulate to the Lakers. What's the point of having F U money if you're not going to use it to be principled?! lol

Thread Information