Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55
Results 1,351 to 1,361 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Sheesh!

I wonder what he did for him to get waived after his option was just picked up..

Griff drooling after seeing another player from alabama

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Sheesh!

Holy ********. Waiving a lottery pick after 2 years is pretty much unheard of

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Griff drooling after seeing another player from alabama
    I don't think so. I have no details but it has to be pretty significant to cut a lottery pick inside of 2 years, and Griff doesn't seem very interested in getting involved in anything messy like that. Which is good!
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I wonder what he did for him to get waived after his option was just picked up..
    Supposedly he has some personal issues he wants to address and get his mental health in order.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Supposedly he has some personal issues he wants to address and get his mental health in order.

That wouldn't explain him being waived though... if it was a case of needing time to address some personal & mental health issues, wouldn't they just give him that time? To waive him a few weeks after picking up his third year option is very odd. There has to be much more to this story. At the very least, they could've traded him and gotten something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    That wouldn't explain him being waived though... if it was a case of needing time to address some personal & mental health issues, wouldn't they just give him that time? To waive him a few weeks after picking up his third year option is very odd. There has to be much more to this story. At the very least, they could've traded him and gotten something in return.
    He does not want to play. Who would trade for him? I think it is as simple as the Spurs doing him a favor by picking up his option before releasing him (a good will gesture).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He does not want to play. Who would trade for him? I think it is as simple as the Spurs doing him a favor by picking up his option before releasing him (a good will gesture).
    That's an interesting guess, but until the details come out I find it highly unlikely. All of Primo's merch has been removed from nba.com... a place where it's still possible to buy a Miles Bridges jersey, and all references to Primo have been removed from all of San Antonio's media pages. That would be a very strange reaction for the team and the league to have if Primo had simply decided to stop playing for mental health or any other reasons. It's still possible to buy a Joe Wieskamp jersey on the site, and he was waived a week ago.
    Last edited by Eyquem; 10-29-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Not surprising considering he's still only 19. Also reports he did this to other women. If all true, the adults in his circle failed big time.

I have to say that I can't wait to see the mental gymnastic the NBPA will have to do to defend Kyrie just a few months after calling for Sarver's lifeban.

Thread Information