Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

No one in the league wants Graham unless there is a 1st attached

It's not hard to comprehend

Shamit Is a massive sunshine pumper too

Listen to MM if you want a realistic take on things

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No one in the league wants Graham unless there is a 1st attached

It's not hard to comprehend
    While I can see the assumption, none of us would know this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    While I can see the assumption, none of us would know this for sure.
    You know which way my money lies

I will preface by saying, there were rumours that DG was carrying an injury this season

It's still a rumour, though

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I will preface by saying, there were rumours that DG was carrying an injury this season

It's still a rumour, though
    That would make sense. Devonte struggled big time from the All Star break on. I thought he was fairly reliable beforehand.

Early word is that Pels aren't looking to move Graham. That would be consistent with being held back by an injury last season. If they think they may get a player approaching the 2020 version of Graham (37.5% from 3 on almost 9 attempts a game) then he is a viable rotation player.

The problem is he's still tiny and in general we don't have size in the back court which means our guards are hunted on defense, especially in the playoffs.

Our ideal two guard is a long shooter who can defend 1-3, hold up against bigs on the pick-and-roll switch, and doesn't need the ball a bunch to be effective.

Herb may end up as that guy if he can bump his shooting a bit. His rookie year he was 47.6%/33.4%/84.1% on about 7.5 attempts a game. If his 3-point can get around 38% and his attempts up to 10-12, to go with his already stellar defense that's a great fit.

But having a long scorer/shooter guard coming off the bench as a sixth man would be a big help to this team short and long term, especially in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Early word is that Pels aren't looking to move Graham. That would be consistent with being held back by an injury last season. If they think they may get a player approaching the 2020 version of Graham (37.5% from 3 on almost 9 attempts a game) then he is a viable rotation player.

The problem is he's still tiny and in general we don't have size in the back court which means our guards are hunted on defense, especially in the playoffs.

Our ideal two guard is a long shooter who can defend 1-3, hold up against bigs on the pick-and-roll switch, and doesn't need the ball a bunch to be effective.

Herb may end up as that guy if he can bump his shooting a bit. His rookie year he was 47.6%/33.4%/84.1% on about 7.5 attempts a game. If his 3-point can get around 38% and his attempts up to 10-12, to go with his already stellar defense that's a great fit.

But having a long scorer/shooter guard coming off the bench as a sixth man would be a big help to this team short and long term, especially in the post season.
    Nobody is buying that story. Pelicans trying to drum up value. They are tried of having to give up assets to move off of bad contracts.

NOLA

Graham
    Hernangomez
    Temple

IND

Hield

PG - McCollum (30) / Alvarado (18) / Lewis Jr.
    SG - Jones (32) / Hield (16) / Marshall
    SF - Ingram (34) / Murphy III (14) / 2nd rd- LaRavia
    PF - Williamson (34) / Hayes (14) / #8 - Murray or Sochan
    C - Valanciunas (30) / Nance Jr. (18)
    Last edited by JR SMITH; 05-25-2022 at 09:42 PM.

A requirement, after any trade a person proposes, should be that you also should have to do the 240 minutes. Not just the new depth chart. We did that when we were 12. You gotta do the full 240 minute dispersement. So it is said, so it shall be done.

JR Smith - lets see how you split up the 240 minutes for that team
    @mcnamara247

Really glad we missed out on Lowry. Would of been a terrible contract.

If the Spurs strike out in free agency... how about sending Zion to San Antonio?

The dollars match if the deal is done before the Pelicans extend Zion. Pop might be the only person who can get Zion right... and a healthy Zion gives San Antonio a star to build around (which they don't appear to have right now), so they might bite.

Meanwhile, Pelicans improve their starting 5 and become genuine contenders IMO with a core of players who are all on the same time-line.

Zion ($13.5m) + Graham ($11.5m) for Murray ($16.5m) + Vassell ($4.5m)

G: Murray
    G: Vassell
    F: Herb
    F: Ingram
    C: Jonas

+ CJ, Kira, Murphy, Nance, Hayes... that's a pretty good playoff rotation... pretty, pretty good. :P
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-31-2022 at 08:00 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LAL1947 View Post
    If the Spurs strike out in free agency... how about sending Zion to San Antonio?

The dollars match if the deal is done before the Pelicans extend Zion. Pop might be the only person who can get Zion right... and a healthy Zion gives San Antonio a star to build around (which they don't appear to have right now), so they might bite.

Meanwhile, Pelicans improve their starting 5 and become genuine contenders IMO with a core of players who are all on the same time-line.

+ CJ, Kira, Murphy, Nance, Hayes... that's a pretty good playoff rotation... pretty, pretty good. :P
    Are you actually serious with this proposition?

So I was bored and only tried this to see what Westbrook ‘ s stock is today. It’s not good. It ‘s hell.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y97aeyt8

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Are you actually serious with this proposition?
    Fully serious. What don't you like about that team of 10 players? Do you not see how good it could be? The two Spurs guys can play well and fit into the defensive identity the Pels have. That team looks like it could be just as strong as any of Boston, GSW, Phoenix, Milwaukee, etc... with no big egos, no huge $$ contracts required, and everyone happy to stay in New Orleans too.

This season has had an excellent ending for the Pels... yet has Zion had anything to do with it being great? No, it's been great despite him. So rather than handicap BI, Herb, Jonas, Hayes, Nance, Murphy, CJ and Kira... I think the Pels would be smart to get ahead of any potential problems and do what's best for them, i.e., try to obtain top value for Zion before he loses any more value or puts them in a worse position.

Btw, not only do the Pels need to get rid of Zion asap IMO... but they also need to find CJ's long-term replacement ASAP so that they don't feel obliged to extend an aging player to a massive negative contract when the time comes and "Portland" themselves, and can instead choose to let him go or offer him something more in line with actual contributions expected at age 35.

So the Pels could look for other Zion deals too:

SGA
    Darius Garland
    DeAaron Fox
    Davion Mitchell + #4 pick (taking Ivey)
    Anfernee Simons + #7 pick (taking Mathurin or Keegan)
    Last edited by LAL1947; 05-31-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So I was bored and only tried this to see what Westbrook ‘ s stock is today. It’s not good. It ‘s hell.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y97aeyt8
    Haha, we'd bite your hand off accepting, if you offered us that trade. :P Westbrook has been a disaster, I hope he doesn't take up his player option. While he's been stinking up our team though, I've been pleased to see your run at the end of the season. Ingram was my favorite of the group we drafted and sent out in that trade. :P

Last edited by LAL1947; 05-31-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Fully serious. What don't you like about that team of 10 players? Do you not see how good it could be? The two Spurs guys can play well and fit into the defensive identity the Pels have. That team looks like it could be just as strong as any of Boston, GSW, Phoenix, Milwaukee, etc... with no big egos, no huge $$ contracts required, and everyone happy to stay in New Orleans too.

This season has had an excellent ending for the Pels... yet has Zion had anything to do with it being great? No, it's been great despite him. So rather than handicap BI, Herb, Jonas, Hayes, Nance, Murphy, CJ and Kira... I think the Pels would be smart to get ahead of any potential problems and do what's best for them, i.e., try to obtain top value for Zion before he loses any more value or puts them in a worse position.

Btw, not only do the Pels need to get rid of Zion asap IMO... but they also need to find CJ's long-term replacement ASAP so that they don't feel obliged to extend an aging player to a massive negative contract when the time comes and "Portland" themselves, and can instead choose to let him go or offer him something more in line with actual contributions expected at age 35.

So the Pels could look for other Zion deals too:

SGA
    Darius Garland
    DeAaron Fox
    Davion Mitchell + #4 pick (taking Ivey)
    Anfernee Simons + #7 pick (taking Mathurin or Keegan)
    I disagree 100% with all of this.

1. Sure, that is a nice roster. But I'd rather have our team from last year and drop Zion in there. That could be a championship team.
    2. We do not need to get rid of Zion ASAP.
    3. Even if we did, we could get a player much better than Murray, SGA, Garland, Fox, Mitchell, or Simons.

That's almost as dumb as the dude that proposed trading for Ben Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I disagree 100% with all of this.

1. Sure, that is a nice roster. But I'd rather have our team from last year and drop Zion in there. That could be a championship team.
    2. We do not need to get rid of Zion ASAP.
    3. Even if we did, we could get a player much better than Murray, SGA, Garland, Fox, Mitchell, or Simons.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    The guy ate his way out of your season, lol, and sure as heck looks like he'd prefer to be playing for another team once he has his max contract sorted. If he doesn't force a trade, you still have the very real risk that Zion could bust a knee or something else in his lower body from all that weight he is carrying around and with the way he plays.

So, while you stan for 1 player... think about how it could cost every other player on the roster an opportunity they might have... i.e., if the Pels don't get ahead of this potential mess, and trade Zion for quality replacements that can help BI, Jonas, Herb, CJ, etc. The Pelicans gave Phoenix such a great fight... and could very well have been in the finals with two players like Murray and Vassell on the roster instead.

Other teams have also seen how this season has gone for Zion. I think the Pelicans might even find that teams are reluctant to trade for him by giving up Murray+Vassell or any of the other options mentioned... SGA, Darius Garland, Fox, Davion + #4, or Anfernee +#7.

Btw, since Bigfoot spent a lot of time in Portland... the Anfernee + #7 option might be available. Anfernee is a scorer... and the Pels have the #8 pick, so can possibly draft Mathurin + Dyson... or Keegan + Dyson. The Dyson kid measured 6'8" at the combine and his averages in Ignite: 11.9 PPG, 7.4 REB, 5.0 AST.

Anfernee............ CJ, GTA
    Mathurin............ Murphy
    Ingram.............. Dyson, Naji
    Herbert.............. Nance
    Jonas................. Hayes

Y'all will be loaded! With enough capspace to pay and keep everyone good when CJ's contract is over.
    Last edited by LAL1947; 06-01-2022 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Hey, *rick, that's Mr. Dude to you.

And tell me again how this trade wouldn't improve our team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y37q7kvx
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-01-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hey, *rick, that's Mr. Dude to you.

And tell me again how this trade wouldn't improve our team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y37q7kvx
    Jesus christ. What did I do.

Season Ticket Holder
    The guy ate his way out of your season, lol, and sure as heck looks like he'd prefer to be playing for another team once he has his max contract sorted. If he doesn't force a trade, you still have the very real risk that Zion could bust a knee or something else in his lower body from all that weight he is carrying around and with the way he plays.

So, while you stan for 1 player... think about how it could cost every other player on the roster an opportunity they might have... i.e., if the Pels don't get ahead of this potential mess, and trade Zion for quality replacements that can help BI, Jonas, Herb, CJ, etc. The Pelicans gave Phoenix such a great fight... and could very well have been in the finals with two players like Murray and Vassell on the roster instead.

Other teams have also seen how this season has gone for Zion. I think the Pelicans might even find that teams are reluctant to trade for him by giving up Murray+Vassell or any of the other options mentioned... SGA, Darius Garland, Fox, Davion + #4, or Anfernee +#7.

Btw, since Bigfoot spent a lot of time in Portland... the Anfernee + #7 option might be available. Anfernee is a scorer... and the Pels have the #8 pick, so can possibly draft Mathurin + Dyson... or Keegan + Dyson. The Dyson kid measured 6'8" at the combine and his averages in Ignite: 11.9 PPG, 7.4 REB, 5.0 AST.

Anfernee............ CJ, GTA
    Mathurin............ Murphy
    Ingram.............. Dyson, Naji
    Herbert.............. Nance
    Jonas................. Hayes

Y'all will be loaded! With enough capspace to pay and keep everyone good when CJ's contract is over.
    Oh wait, you're a Lakers fan. Or at the very least you're not a Pelicans fan, posting in a Pelicans forum. And here I was, being respectful to your stupid trade ideas.

Draft Daniels, Dieng or Sochan.
    Trade Adams TPE for Dwight Powell or Mason Plumlee.

Starters

Daniels
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    McCollum
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr./Powell or Plumlee

Resisting the urge not to obliterate a post from a newbie…..lord, give me strength!!

Been coming to this forum since early 2000's, don't remember old log in.

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    Draft Daniels, Dieng or Sochan.
    Trade Adams TPE for Dwight Powell or Mason Plumlee.

Starters

Daniels
    Ingram
    Jones
    Hayes
    Valanciunas

Reserves

Alvarado/Lewis Jr.
    McCollum
    Murphy III
    Williamson
    Nance Jr./Powell or Plumlee