Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 6 - 3-2

Doesn't help when CP3 was 100% from the field 14/14.
    He is just so clutch.

CP3 in this post-game

''Man, you have no clue how emotional every game here has been. Willie being my brother, someone I talk to about everything, seeing his son sitting on the baseline. It's a good win for us. There's a reason he's the coach here. There hasn't been this much energy here for a long time.''

''This city raised me, man.'' Gives praise to a family he knows in New Orleans who. Dapping up Pelicans mid-interview.

''It's emotional, this is home for me. I root for this team when I'm not playing against them.''
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m a grown a** man. I just cried like a hungry infant. To see the emotion from Willie because he knows they got screwed is hard to see.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Stating the obvious, but this team needs reliable 3pt shooters.
    They have one and he is a rookie.
    CJ is a top tier 3 point shooter. He just didnt show it this series

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Malcolm brogdon is available
    He would fit well with zion in street clothes... very good player but injury prone

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man. That was sad. We fought. But Chris Paul did not miss.

We need a starting pg Ingram at the two her at the 3 Zion at the 4 Jonas at the 5 cj playing all the minutes we tried to give to graham and be our 6th man manu ginobili style; I’m disappointed truly believed the whole series we could take them

Those tears were from playing graham

Hall of Famer
    Mr p3rkins coming on tv saying ingram is the best player in this series fired up Paul im sure

Twitter on the Pelicans

The officiating was horrendous. All things considered they are still the better team, but I hate how the officials rub our noses in the dirt and make it even more challenging to take an already difficult series. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I just didn't factor in CJ being as bad as he was. I mean 4 games and he was pretty bad.
    Still like the guy but my goodness.

Ingram just needs to keep doing his thing we will have a well balanced team if Zion and incoming pick get with the program

If you'd described this series, and the way this team played, to me before it started and asked if I'd be happy with that. The answer is yes.

Proud of the team. And I think the experience the got from this series will be immensely useful moving forward.

Phoenix played damn near perfect basketball and we almost beat them.

Took a once in a lifetime game from CP3 to stop this going to game 7.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    We need a starting pg Ingram at the two her at the 3 Zion at the 4 Jonas at the 5 cj playing all the minutes we tried to give to graham and be our 6th man manu ginobili style; I’m disappointed truly believed the whole series we could take them
    maybe with Zion back in the point forward role it will be a better fit for CJ and Ingram as the backcourt. I love his game but agree CJ is not ideal for facilitating the offense. I like Alvarado as the 6th man

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I just didn't factor in CJ being as bad as he was. I mean 4 games and he was pretty bad.
    The hope for cj would be he could settle in as a number 3

Jokes aside, really proud of this team! This experience will be a huge boost for our future!

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Damn I wish they hadnt zoomed in on Zion at the end of the game lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zion-Williamson-Mountain-Dew-600x337.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	6629

That would be awesome but I think he maybe a weak link on defense and if Zion don’t improve that won’t be good on that side

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    If you'd described this series, and the way this team played, to me before it started and asked if I'd be happy with that. The answer is yes.

Proud of the team. And I think the experience the got from this series will be immensely useful moving forward.

Phoenix played damn near perfect basketball and we almost beat them.

Took a once in a lifetime game from CP3 to stop this going to game 7.
    yeah this result was well above expectations, huge performance by the pels with massive minutes going to rookies too. from where this season started to where it ended, massive turn around and hats off to the team.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The officiating was horrendous. All things considered they are still the better team, but I hate how the officials rub our noses in the dirt and make it even more challenging to take an already difficult series. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I don’t think they are. All of the Pels losses came from the refs taking the Pelicans momentum. It happened in this game 3 times alone. I’m not a homer at all when it comes to talent, but the Pels are better than the Suns. We will see that next year

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Jokes aside, really proud of this team! This experience will be a huge boost for our future!
    And the draft is in less than 2 months!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Those tears were from playing graham
    Yeah, Willie has to stop stuff like this. Playing Jax was too much and we lost that lead, then bringing in Graham too much just like earlier we lost alot of games b/c he had to play Temple. Somebody (maybe Monty) has to talk to him about not doing this. Going w/the hot hand and not worrying about playing your veteran guys. Makes no sense. He is a rookie coach so he will fix this. (prayers hands up). Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    CJ is a top tier 3 point shooter. He just didnt show it this series
    He isn't in the playoffs.
    Teams with length kill him every time.
    Sure when he has the space, playing with Zion he will be better, but he had open 3's he should have knocked down this series.

Anyway, i'm not knocking him, he is great for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Yeah CJ was very poor. It’s not a shock as Portland usually went out with a whimper every time they made playoffs despite getting good seeds here and there. Mentality changes once you hit the postseason

Thread Information