Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 6 - 3-2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're right, he was. He played a really good first 4 minutes. He then proceeded to play a really rough every-other-minute-hes-been-on-the-floor, after 5 games of being bad consecutively.

You'll also note that my post had other criticisms in it too, not just Jax. Almost like I was making a general point about the series as a whole instead of what is currently happening in this precise millisecond.
    yeah you also complained about Willie playing Graham who has played literally 2 minutes this game. You have your set of complaints that you are sticking to regardless of what happens in the game

Another day, another playoff games where our 3 rookies are having tangibly excellent impact
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    yeah you also complained about Willie playing Graham who has played literally 2 minutes this game. You have your set of complaints that you are sticking to regardless of what happens in the game
    I don't know how to explain to you more clearly that I am making a general point about trends, not specific single game moments.

You saying ''but Jax was good at the very start of game 6!'' or ''but Graham hasn't played much this game'' is besides the point because I am talking about GENERAL trends THROUGHOUT the series.

If someone is telling you about a movie they saw and they say it was too dark and they couldn't see anything, do you respond by pointing out the 2 minutes of the film that there was a light on or something?

Good to see Nance and Jose still out there after their injuries.

I don't know how to explain to you more clearly that I am making a general point about trends, not specific single game moments.

You saying ''but Jax was good at the very start of game 6!'' or ''but Graham hasn't played much this game'' is besides the point because I am talking about GENERAL trends THROUGHOUT the series.

If someone is telling you about a movie they saw and they say it was too dark and they couldn't see anything, do you respond by pointing out the 2 minutes of the film that there was a light on or something?
    Ok so you are complaining about general trends that aren't what is happening in this game, got it. I was confused i thought this was a thread about game 6

The Franchise
    Ingram has 5 turnovers.. I hate these kind of games from him. Hope he has a better 4th.

All right, we weathered the storm. Now time to figure out what to do with Chris Paul in the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram has 5 turnovers.. I hate these kind of games from him. Hope he has a better 4th.
    Yea that was a bad turnover by BI at the end, I don't know why he didn't take that shot.

Ok so you are complaining about general trends that aren't what is happening in this game, got it. I was confused i thought this was a thread about game 6
    It was a list of general trends. Not every single one of them applies to every single minute of every single game. Many of them apply to this game - see, Jax getting targeted and essentially costing us a 10 point lead in the quarter that literally just happened - but some do not (though, we didn't actually need any minutes of Graham this game, even just two! but Green didn't stick with the mistake as long this game as usual).

BI has to play all 24 second half minutes.

I hope he warms up offensively. He's passing well, generally, but as you say some of the TOs are rough and he's not really taking shots.

We really had Jones bring the ball up into half court and I wasn't nervous. Baby Kawhi

The Franchise
    I hope he warms up offensively. He's passing well, generally, but as you say some of the TOs are rough and he's not really taking shots.
    I like that he's willing to make the pass in this game when the shot isn't there.. instead of forcing it. Overall he's doing fine, I just hate turnovers..

The Franchise
    The league needs to get rid of the swing through foul calling.. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Jonas with that big man stuff! We should put the ball in his hands down low whenever possible this quarter. He's got the fire.

The league needs to get rid of the swing through foul calling.. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
    They did lol. Unnatural shooting motions are offensive fouls

4th quarter Devonte' minutes, god save my soul

I could go for the nance + jonas frontcourt right now

Kira Lewis probably shouldn't extend his lease

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They did lol. Unnatural shooting motions are offensive fouls
    Chris has gotten two of those calls tonight.

Willie got call time out and get his best players out therr

Yeah I cannot deny graham is too small to not be athletic or knock down shooter and still be in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Willie got call time out and get his best players out therr
    CJ got 5 fouls

CJ got 5 fouls
    There are 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a win-or-go-home game.

When are you saving his 6th foul for, Cancun?

Give Trey all the looks man

Thread Information