Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 6 - 3-2

Playoffs April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 6 - 3-2

Win or go home. Not much else to say about this one; we need to show up big tonight or it's all over. There is no other option. Team has really got to pull it all together, and that includes the coaching. Let's see if we can do it one more time.

Edit: Title should say 2-3, but you get the idea.
    Basketball.

I picked the Suns to win the series I figured we'd be too young and inexperienced. This Pels team has made me more than proud the way they have fought in this series. Doesn't matter to me how this series ends that have won a lot of fans over with their play.

Of course I hope I'm wrong about my prediction, and I hope we pull out the win, but I love this team. They've already won it IMO.

Suns move on. Glad the Pels at least took them to 6 games. Lot of work to do in the offseason, but impressive job this season after starting 1 - 12.

I think CJ finally goes off tonight.

The problem I see is if CJ and
    BI won't be facilitating enough to create easy looks for themselves.

Outside of game 2, I really been displeased with the offense with the terrible off ball movement and lack of passing. Especially, when there is a vet that knows you can't ISO all game in the playoffs. You have to create offense and wear these guys down. Then, you go on ISO runs when there is blood in the water
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-28-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Basketball Guru
    im confused about the trey thing thats going on....im the main person who calls out trey for not putting points up and some of that is on him by not moving around and making himself available for passes.....

what i dont understand is imo is why it seems like the players dont trust him to pass him the ball when he is open for a 3......the suns dont guard none of our players tight at the 3pt line...the whole team sag at the paint to stop BI and CJ from getting to the rim....all of our players shoot uncontested 3s...jose confidence is way up behind the 3 in this series lol....trey should be putting up 3 or 4 3s a game in this series but for some reason they are not passing to him when he is open.....and the main thing i keep banging my head about is why willie dont have one or two screen plays called for trey to get open looks for 3s to get his confidence up knowing he would have a couple of plays call for him to jack up 3s.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im confused about the trey thing thats going on....im the main person who calls out trey for not putting points up and some of that is on him by not moving around and making himself available for passes.....

what i dont understand is imo is why it seems like the players dont trust him to pass him the ball when he is open for a 3......the suns dont guard none of our players tight at the 3pt line...the whole team sag at the paint to stop BI and CJ from getting to the rim....all of our players shoot uncontested 3s...jose confidence is way up behind the 3 in this series lol....trey should be putting up 3 or 4 3s a game in this series but for some reason they are not passing to him when he is open.....and the main thing i keep banging my head about is why willie dont have one or two screen plays called for trey to get open looks for 3s to get his confidence up knowing he would have a couple of plays call for him to jack up 3s.....
    Trey is a catch and shoot guy or open lane drunker. He can barely dribble much less create his own shot, yet. He's a rookie wing, not a SG.

You have to create offense for him and use him like a chess piece. It's like when they fed Jonas to create spacing. They gotta fed TM3

Pels in 7!!!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...FMHA35P3A&s=19

Booker gonna test it out and try to play

I think this is a pump fake. Sun's have nothing to gain to throut out a 75% Booker.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think this is a pump fake. Sun's have nothing to gain to throut out a 75% Booker.
    if he do then him and cp3 should be getting attack all night long...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Let him play.

I would run run run with Booker coming back. Run his butt into the ground and test that hamstring out. He will be back on the bench after 5 minutes.

If Booker is back tonight then he didn't actually have a serious injury and the Suns just figured this would be done in 5 so why bother risking it. No way you come back from a Hammy in a week.

I think what has to be remembered is that we know we can beat the Suns with Booker.

The reason we know that is that when he went down injured in game 2, we were winning already . It's not like him going out gifted us that game, we had a real chance at winning it anyway.

If he's back and he's in any way hampered by the injury - maybe he has to play reduced minutes, or take more frequent breaks, or even just gets worse on defense - then that combined with CP3's dodgy hand from the last two games, I think the Pels should be encouraged rather than discouraged.

But it depends on the mentality of the team. Do we see Booker return and think ''that's it, series over'', or does the team smell blood in the water - bringing Booker back early out of desperation, the Suns trying to claw a victory out of a series they themselves know hasn't been going the way they wanted it to?

Luckily, thus far this year and certainly in the playoffs, one thing that we've been able to count on is the team trying and not just taking things for granted. So if they come out with the hunger and intensity and focus that the moment deserves, I think this game is very winnable. Not guaranteed, the Suns are still great, but it's a game we can win.

Rather play an 80% Booker tonight than a 90% Booker in two days..

If he pulls a 8-22 night, because he's playing hurt and less shots for Ayton and Mcgee killing us in the paint. It's for the better honestly...

Good ****** series either way... I would be super happy to win one more game and be eliminated Saturday.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Heh. Suns looking for bulletin board material because of a shirt. Funny stuff.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I like seeing Jax aggressive on offense.

Every game Suns comes out with haymakers. Nervous

Pace seems way up in this game so far.

Pelicans looking good right now! Jax being active on offense is what we need. CJ had a couple good possessions. On defense we just gotta make somebody besides Paul, Booker, or Ayton shoot the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Heh. Suns looking for bulletin board material because of a shirt. Funny stuff.
    what shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    what shirt?
    F*** Jae Crowder shirts, people are wearin' 'em

Willie went to Jose off the bench instead of Graham!

Jose off the bench 1st...

Thread Information