Pelicans Report

Thread: Kira....

Kira....

Realizing, of course, that everyone seems transfixed on all things 'Zion', does anyone have any information on Kira Lewis, Jr's. rehab and/or recovery timetable. We seem plugged into every movement Williamson makes and are totally in the dark with regards to Kira's progress. I'm still very hopeful that KLJ can develop into a solid part of the team's rotation going forward.

Assuming, Zion and he are good to go this fall, we will be adding three lottery picks to this team in '22-'23 (including the '22 Laker Pick). That could make for interesting player movement this summer. I dare say, nobody else in the league will enjoy that infusion of talent into their teams next year...especially considering what any player movement this summer might provide.

Season Ticket Holder
    Kira tore his ACL in December of 2021. Kira is only 21. He should be a quick healer and ACL recovery time isn't like what it used to be. I expect him to be good to go by the beginning of the upcoming season.

I don't know where he'd fit into the rotation, cause Jose stole his job and its not even close. The only thing Kira does better than Jose is get to the cup, but Kira can't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Kira tore his ACL in December of 2021. Kira is only 21. He should be a quick healer and ACL recovery time isn't like what it used to be. I expect him to be good to go by the beginning of the upcoming season.

I don't know where he'd fit into the rotation, cause Jose stole his job and its not even close. The only thing Kira does better than Jose is get to the cup, but Kira can't finish.
    I'm more interested in what happens to DG. If KLJ comes back ready to go...that would be the death nail in DG's coffin this summer

Likewise, I think a Zion return might spell an end to the JAX soap opera; especially if we move into a top three selection in the draft in July.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'm more interested in what happens to DG. If KLJ comes back ready to go...that would be the death nail in DG's coffin this summer

Likewise, I think a Zion return might spell an end to the JAX soap opera; especially if we move into a top three selection in the draft in July.
    I really doubt our 21 year old lottery pick is getting pushed out of the rotation, just as he's starting to put it together on the court. The dude is 2 years younger than Herb, but half of yall act like the player he is now, is just who he's gonna be going forward.

Zion will obviously start, but Jax will get 20 something minutes a game next year. Yall be patient with the kid. Again, he's only 21.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I really doubt our 21 year old lottery pick is getting pushed out of the rotation, just as he's starting to put it together on the court. The dude is 2 years younger than Herb, but half of yall act like the player he is now, is just who he's gonna be going forward.

Zion will obviously start, but Jax will get 20 something minutes a game next year. Yall be patient with the kid. Again, he's only 21.

Just for fun next year we will have....

CJ, Jose'
    Herb, Kira
    BI, TM3
    Zion, Lottery Pick
    JV, LNJ

That's 10 if we do nothing in Free Agency.

Add Naji and H'Gomez and now you are sitting on 12.

So, I would shop any and all combinations of JAX / DG / GT to get a legitimate facilitator (PG). As I said elsewhere, we have a lot of players who can finish...but we lack a true facilitator.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Just for fun next year we will have....

CJ, Jose'
    Herb, Kira
    BI, TM3
    Zion, Lottery Pick
    JV, LNJ

That's 10 if we do nothing in Free Agency.

Add Naji and H'Gomez and now you are sitting on 12.

So, I would shop any and all combinations of JAX / DG / GT to get a legitimate facilitator (PG). As I said above, we have a lot of players who can finish...but we lack a true facilitator.
    Yeah everyone says but you have BI, CJ and point Zion, but the reality is that none of them can consistently do it in the half court during the season, let alone in the playoffs.

This is especially true when Willie continues to go with so many non shooting lineups who won't space the floor for BI, CJ and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

So you want them to pay him 15-20 for his next contract when he probably won't play to his potential until the back end of second contract?

Not to mention making these emotional signings will hinder signing guys like CJ, Herb and Trey who are long-term pieces now, not in 3 years time.

I don't think Kira has puit together a body of work worth a spot in the rotation.

I'm guessing they'll give him some burn if he's ready to go early next year, but only to build some trade value. I think Jose has the backup PG spot locked down and Kira isn't a combo guard or shooting guard.

Shame because I really liked his upside. But I think he's not going to be with the team by the trade deadline next season.

Thread Information