Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: April 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - GAME 5 - 2-2

Frustrating game to watch. We just sucked.

The frustration only comes because we could have done better.

Like yeah, we got more FTs than them which is cool but we still got called for some sketchy fouls and they got away with some blatant mugging, particularly early. Unsurprisingly when they cleaned up a bit towards the middle of the game, the game got a lot closer. Refs clearly trying to right a ''wrong'' in Monty's mind. It happens.

But the first half turnovers, which were part of the Suns - who have feasted in transition in Games 1 and 2 - have more than double our fast break points and getting 6 more shots up than us? That's something we could have controlled.

Missing 7 fts? That's on us.
    BI and CJ combining for 2/13 from 3? The rest of the team going 3/12? That's not the refs faults.
    Zero shots for Trey. That's not the refs faults.
    13 minutes for Graham; nobody made Green do that. That's his fault.

This is a game that we lost in the margins - just a combination of multiple small failures. Can't afford that.

Makes next game a must-win at home.
    Basketball.

Yeah I think with Zion we are a championship level team but we missing a shot blocker and a consistent 3 point shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Seems like he got funny bone'd hard
    So nothing major that would put him out of game 6?

Any other injuries?

I didn't catch the game...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Yeah we're definitely getting the DG and Jax minutes.

This is ''refusing to admit you're wrong'' syndrome. Absolutely a pandemic.

Willie being Garrett Temple stubborn. He was asked in the post game interview if they will consider shortening the rotation and he said he thinks they are good where they are.

Rat Face Payne, Big Mouth Bridges, and CP3 skittle head asss were crying to the refs all night and hitting our players without calls. Bridges was swiping and hitting BI all game with no calls.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So nothing major that would put him out of game 6?

Any other injuries?

I didn't catch the game...thanks
    No that was it. Don't think it will keep him out but his shot was affected when he jammed his pinkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Yeah I think with Zion we are a championship level team but we missing a shot blocker and a consistent 3 point shooter
    A 5th-6th seed team with same roster and Zion. For sure.... We need another piece. We got Zion coming back. Then, you got the 8th pick. Which we are projected to draft a wing in Bennedict Mathurin that has a SG ceiling, but that is a high ceiling to reach. More than likely... he won't be a contributor till early March.

Then, you got the dumpster fire of shooters in Temple, Kira, Hayes, and Naji.

So, we got some house cleaning to do and reshuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Yeah we're definitely getting the DG and Jax minutes.

This is ''refusing to admit you're wrong'' syndrome. Absolutely a pandemic.
    I love Willie, but I'm about to photoshop Internet Explorer logo on his head....

I love Willie, but I'm about to photoshop Internet Explorer logo on his head....
    It's going to be infuriating when he randomly puts out a 1 shooter lineup and the one shooter is CJ or Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's going to be infuriating when he randomly puts out a 1 shooter lineup and the one shooter is CJ or Graham.
    Well, Willie only seems to really get it when he he faces adversity and self scout his methods ... I Just hope it's not waiting till game 59 to bench Temple lesson. We are in an elimination game. You got 12 hours to figure it out

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Trey is a good 3 point shooter we got to get him involved. And of course CJ usually is too you got to expect him to do better than 1 - 8. The shot blocker we just dont really have unfortunately. It seems like Jaxson has the tools for it but not the technique or mentality.

Trey Murphy gave us the same production as Graham this game. Graham is not the reason why we lost he played 12 min (Alvarado got 20 min). And Graham was knocking down 3s for us in previous games this series. Yes Willie is going to give Graham 12 min next game. They just have to get him some open looks from 3. I need CJ to be a better facilitator if his shot isn't falling.

So did that ref who CP3 is 0-15 against ref tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Trey is a good 3 point shooter we got to get him involved. And of course CJ usually is too you got to expect him to do better than 1 - 8. The shot blocker we just dont really have unfortunately. It seems like Jaxson has the tools for it but not the technique or mentality.
    I no longer have to patience to see through Hayes's development. The BBIQ is so bad. I don't think he wants to be a big body center or NBA caliber defender or rebounder. He wants to be a slender PF that plays backyard basketball and make highlights. He can rim run, block a shot into the stand, and occasionally make a jumper.

That's great for maybe your regular season bench plug, but we desperately need another big in the playoffs to have some sort of presences.
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-27-2022 at 12:35 AM.

So did that ref who CP3 is 0-15 against ref tonight?
    That's Scott foster

That's Scott foster
    Did he ref this game?

Did he ref this game?
    no

New Orleans @ Phoenix David Guthrie (#16) Courtney Kirkland (#61) Karl Lane (#77) JB DeRosa (#62)

no

New Orleans @ Phoenix David Guthrie (#16) Courtney Kirkland (#61) Karl Lane (#77) JB DeRosa (#62)
    Thanks....so there is chance game 6

Trey Murphy gave us the same production as Graham this game. Graham is not the reason why we lost he played 12 min (Alvarado got 20 min). And Graham was knocking down 3s for us in previous games this series. Yes Willie is going to give Graham 12 min next game. They just have to get him some open looks from 3. I need CJ to be a better facilitator if his shot isn't falling.
    You're watching a completely different game from everyone else.

Graham was terrible for like 7 weeks leading into Game 3 and 4. And he was awful in both play-in games and Games 1 and 2.

Was he good in those games? Sure! Does that mean he is owed 12-15 minutes a night? No!

Trey Murphy gave us the same production, you say. Except Trey Murphy is also a 6'9, lengthy, active defender. Whereas Graham has never been a great defender, and has regressed hard from being decent last year to being actively bad this year. So if you can have one of them on the floor, Trey is the obvious choice; he offers defense, at least.

Your policy in a must-win, win-or-go-home playoff game should be to play your best players for as many minutes as you possibly can, and together. Not maintain your 10 man rotation giving pity minutes for someone the other team is actively hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yeah, Trey needs to be given his shots. Trey can't create on his own and right now they want to force him on an island for 3s. The offense is the problem... Not Trey. CJ JOSE GRAHAM AND BI aren't using him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    No Devonte had a bad game for sure. But Trey did give us the same amount of points with the same minutes. Devonte had positive contributions the previous 2 games, he had found his 3 ball and that is something we need this series.

Thread Information