Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 4 - 1-2

They know
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think arguably two of his best career games have come in the play-in/playoff combined so far. You can find things to complain about but you'd have to be seriously looking: overall he's been fantastic. Really impressive performances from him. People can say that yeah, Booker is missing, yeah the Clippers had no Kawhi, etc etc, but the reality is that BI can only play the team in front of him and he's doing that to an extremely high standard.
    Based on what I've seen of him with the Lakers, and here with the Pels.. I saw his potential/ceiling as a number 2 guy on a championship team. He's looking like a 1b guy on a championship team. 1b meaning, he's just as valuable and productive as another franchise 1a player. On any given night with that franchise player he might be the better player. Sort of like a Kobe, Shaq.. situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    And 4-2 in the first six games so far as well. Its always better when you can gain experience AND win at the same time!
    Folks really trying to compare this to moving up a few % points for the lottery. Brandon Ingram needed to be here to show his stuff.

If you're that desperate for a lotto pick you've got a very long way to go. This team doesn't.

Thankfully it doesn't matter cos we getting both.

Playoff game in which multiple rookies, including second rounders and UDFAs, have been vital parts of winning. And not for the first time this series.

That's special.

Personally, Jose picking CP3's pocket after Chris called him out in game 1 for even thinking about it was the best moment. Second would be when he forced CP3 into an 8 second violation.

Career low 4 points in a playoff game for CP3. As many fouls as points.

The Franchise
    Herb has become one of my favorite players in the league.. He's got Ron Artest upside.

I feel like CP3 may have injured his hand though.

Apparently the Suns staff were taking a look at it at halftime and briefly on the bench, and he couldn't stop flexing it for most of the second half. It's got to be at least partly why he played so much offball.

On the one hand, sucks for the Suns if they have another major injury to another of their best players.

On the other hand, that is a risk you accept with a CP3 based team - especially at this point in his career - and we can't really get sentimental about it. Gotta win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Herb has become one of my favorite players in the league.. He's got Ron Artest upside.
    Scottie Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Personally, Jose picking CP3's pocket after Chris called him out in game 1 for even thinking about it was the best moment. Second would be when he forced CP3 into an 8 second violation.

Career low 4 points in a playoff game for CP3. As many fouls as points.
    It was about time they FINALLY called an 8 second violation on CP3. He has had at least 12-15 in the 3 games that have not been called. That one was so obvious that they had to call it.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Scottie Pippen.
    Wow.. Scottie? Scottie was a guy that orchestrated offense while being a pretty good scorer and open court player. I think Herb can end up being a better shooter than Scottie, but I'm not sure about being a better facilitator of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I hope he took a moment to unload on his team not driving to the basket, and settling for mid range shots (that didn?t fall).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I hope he took a moment to unload on his team not driving to the basket, and settling for mid range shots (that didn?t fall).

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Folks really trying to compare this to moving up a few % points for the lottery. Brandon Ingram needed to be here to show his stuff.

If you're that desperate for a lotto pick you've got a very long way to go. This team doesn't.

Thankfully it doesn't matter cos we getting both.
    To be fair, things always get worse before it gets better.

I think the "it would be better to lose the playin" mindset is the last gasp of toxicity from a losing franchise before taking the leap into budding dynasty.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Monty is absolutely going to get fined for his comments. The Suns are playing the Legion of Boom strategy of "if we foul every play, the refs won't call them all". We finally had a crew that didn't allow it as much. I'm hoping his comments don't bully the refs into submission in Phoenix on Tue.

The Suns are a dirty team that routinely flops and cries to the refs for phantom fouls while arguing actual fouls they commit. They routinely get phantom foul calls because of this. People have been ignoring that fact since they have CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This keeps up we may have to bump the Fire Monty thread

He preeching like his job is on the line? Truther?

One day our game day threads will be 47 pages long

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...478275/page-47

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    One day our game day threads will be 47 pages long

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo...478275/page-47
    Most fans post on other Pel boards

I realize results-based analysis has completely taken over this fanbase but yes there were merits on both sides of the tank vs playoff discussions. However, there's no reason to re-litigate the situation especially if your only intent is to take insanely dishonest victory laps lol.

Did CP3 hurt his hand???

Thread Information