Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 4 - 1-2

Herb denying the help up from Chris Paul. Glad they showed that again.

What a game.

Pelicans win Game 4 by 15 points. 2-2 after 4 games, the series goes back to Phoenix but we're guaranteed at least one more game in New Orleans.

What a series.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    15 point victory.
    Dang. I was off by one game.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The great thing is that Willie might be internet explorer slow, but he always arrives at the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    Herb denying the help up from Chris Paul. Glad they showed that again.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Work Chris Paul out. He really doesn't have the body to recover and with the next game in two days AND with travel.....we might be able to catch him flat, again.
    thats why i love the strategy of having Jose full court press and harass CP3 while he is bringing the ball up the court. Its got to wear on him physically and it definitely got him frustrated mentally.

Was waiting for Herb to have that signature game on this stage.

I know the votes are already in. But it's really going to ******** me off when he misses the all-nba defense teams.

No disrespect to Bridges but Herb is something else.

Damn we still alive huh

They won this game by 15 with 10 missed free throws and 6 - 24 from three pt land.

Such an unfinished product. So much to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They won this game by 15 with 10 missed free throws and 6 - 24 from three pt land.

Such an unfinished product. So much to look forward to.
    For real.

Ingram went 1/5 from deep and CJ went 2/9.

If they each hit 2 more threes (which would not be out of character for either of them to do in a game), suddenly this game turns into a near 30 point blowout. Just a make or miss league sometimes with that stuff

Of course Herbhad to do this at home. The closer he is to Alabama, the stronger his power grows

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm surprised we were able to win so big while getting so little from Jax and Trey. Jonas and Herb really stepped up, and BI has elevated his game to the elite level.

This was definitely Herb's coming out party on a national stage.

Just want to point out that although yes, we shot a ton of FTs and the Suns didn't, that's to be expected. Already seeing angry Suns fans think it's a sign of bias against them.

Guys: in the entire 82 game regular season, the Suns were 29th in free throw rate, 27th in free throw attempts, and averages 19 FTAs a game. The only player on their team who took more than 4 FTAs a game was DEVIN BOOKER who is obviously not present to earn those FTAs right now. It is frankly not surprising that they are not getting FTs.

They also were bottom 10 in the NBA in opponent FT rate and opponent FTAs. They always gave up FTs, all season long.

Meanwhile, for all the Pelicans problems in the first half of the year, we finished the season 6th in free throw attempts - shooting about 24 a night.

It is one of the least surprising things in the entire world that we are getting more FTs than Phoenix. It is precisely what anyone would expect if they knew each team coming into the series. Suns fans stop complaining.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I'm surprised we were able to win so big while getting so little from Jax and Trey. Jonas and Herb really stepped up, and BI has elevated his game to the elite level.
    As everyone knows I'm really big on BI.. With that being said, I wasn't sure how he'd respond in his first playoff series. I think we all should be happy with how he's performing. He's actually the number 1 option on a playoff team that's holding its own against a 1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just want to point out that although yes, we shot a ton of FTs and the Suns didn't, that's to be expected. Already seeing angry Suns fans think it's a sign of bias against them.

Guys: in the entire 82 game regular season, the Suns were 29th in free throw rate, 27th in free throw attempts, and averages 19 FTAs a game. The only player on their team who took more than 4 FTAs a game was DEVIN BOOKER who is obviously not present to earn those FTAs right now. It is frankly not surprising that they are not getting FTs.

They also were bottom 10 in the NBA in opponent FT rate and opponent FTAs. They always gave up FTs, all season long.

Meanwhile, for all the Pelicans problems in the first half of the year, we finished the season 6th in free throw attempts - shooting about 24 a night.

It is one of the least surprising things in the entire world that we are getting more FTs than Phoenix. It is precisely what anyone would expect if they knew each team coming into the series. Suns fans stop complaining.
    It's not just the fans. Monty pretty much went off during his post game presser.

Visibly and verbally angry about the Ft disparity.

It’s great to see so many of these guys getting such great playoff experience.

Mark me down for “yes” on if I want the team to make the playoffs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    As everyone knows I'm really big on BI.. With that being said, I wasn't sure how he'd respond in his first playoff series. I think we all should be happy with how he's performing. He's actually the number 1 option on a playoff team that's holding its own against a 1 seed.
    I think arguably two of his best career games have come in the play-in/playoff combined so far. You can find things to complain about but you'd have to be seriously looking: overall he's been fantastic. Really impressive performances from him. People can say that yeah, Booker is missing, yeah the Clippers had no Kawhi, etc etc, but the reality is that BI can only play the team in front of him and he's doing that to an extremely high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's not just the fans. Monty pretty much went off during his post game presser.

Visibly and verbally angry about the Ft disparity.
    Tell him that teams which struggle to create advantages aren't going to get FTs and when Devin Booker isn't there and you let Cam Payne run the offense for an entire half, you're not going to get advantages. Which means no FTs. Not our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It’s great to see so many of these guys getting such great playoff experience.

Mark me down for “yes” on if I want the team to make the playoffs.
    Two play-in games plus at least 6 playoff games.

That's about 384 minutes of free experience for the team. Nobody expected us to be here: just take all the experience and soak it up. Win or lose, this has been a success for us. We've pushed a series with the 1 seed to at least 6 games, including at least one win on the road in their building. Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Two play-in games plus at least 6 playoff games.

That's about 384 minutes of free experience for the team. Nobody expected us to be here: just take all the experience and soak it up. Win or lose, this has been a success for us. We've pushed a series with the 1 seed to at least 6 games, including at least one win on the road in their building. Gold.
    And 4-2 in the first six games so far as well. Its always better when you can gain experience AND win at the same time!

Saw this line and had to post it lol

Alvarado is real life 2K player spamming steals in the backcourt

Thread Information