Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Zion not just being held out?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well at least we did not trade for Ben Simmons. Dodged a bullet
    Lol. Some wanted him tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I don't know what the worst part of this illegal trade would be...Randle is a big negative asset, would take the ball out of BI/CJ's hands and a Randle/Jonas frontline would be open season on the rim; Robinson is underwhelming at best (do we really need another version of Jaxson Hayes?) and is an unrestricted free agent...if we want him so bad, just sign him (below MLE); and we already have the #8 pick so adding another rookie with a worse pick doesn't seem like a good idea. Not one of those pieces is attractive.
    This man gets it

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Management is holding him out

Protecting the asset and erring on the side of extreme caution

Protecting why? Because they understand his trade value when healthy
    I understand that theory of yours (it can only be a theory cause no one knows nothing). But that would be ONLY if their sole intent were to be to trade him over the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I understand that theory of yours (it can only be a theory cause no one knows nothing). But that would be ONLY if their sole intent were to be to trade him over the offseason.
    Yeah, I suppose let him get injured again and sign him for under market value, isn't the worst strategy

I feel like he plays as we get further in the playoffs, prob next round honestly. Why else would they make a point in showing him practice and dunking if that wasn't the plan? Trade value, sure that could be the case too but you just wait next year in showing him play, if you're thinking about trading him.

I'm good either way but again Zion and his camp (stepfather) needs to know he's part of a team and its not just about him. I'm happy for the team and the organization in terms of knowing we don't have to depend on just Zion and what he wants. All the players are important not just one. This team w/o Zion has done an amazing job. That narrative is the narrative and it should not change if Zion steps on the court for us during the playoffs.

That haul sux dick. Why do you think Dallas next year 1st holds any value? It's gonna be about 24-26

Randle is a massive negative asset. You crazy bro

Any Zion trade NEEDS a top 4 pick this draft to even start to consider
    Time out. I need this to make sense.

So, you replied on my trade suggestion on how bad it was, but not to the one I just replied to in response?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Time out. I need this to make sense.

So, you replied on my trade suggestion on how bad it was, but not to the one I just replied to in response?
    What other one?

What other one?
    Original trade proposal that I replied on.

Lol look at my post that you replied to saying it sucks lol. You’ll see that I had replied with a better proposal than the post I had replied to

An article from within the last hour about Zion and Pels....

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/...er-next-season

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    An article from within the last hour about Zion and Pels....

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/...er-next-season
    “Just on the big picture here, I don’t know if Zion Williamson is gonna ever play for the Pelicans again,” said Jordan Schultz. “He’s played 85 games in his career. If you don’t trade him this summer, what are you going to get for him long term? If you don’t believe he’s going to stay healthy, what are we talking about here? I think there is a very good chance he will not be back, and they will trade him this summer -- or at least strongly explore trading him."
    We'll see

Nico is using the same quote he used in an article he wrote a month ago. Nothing new here. And Schultz, the guy he quoted, is a huge Suns fan.

This is the article Nico Martinez wrote a month ago, after Schultz was on the Dan Patrick Show and made his statement. That was March 23rd. Today is April 26. Don't focus on the distraction.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/...im-this-summer

As someone admittedly less knowledgeable about the Pelicans and the NBA than most on this forum, I do not understand what the organization is doing in refusing to play Zion. And my assumption is that Zion physically can play. If that assumption is incorrect, then my comments below make no sense.

1. It seems that if there is a chance of salvaging or resetting the relationship between the player and the team, playing Zion provides that opportunity. Were I Zion and healthy, I would be upset if the team refused to play me.

2. The organization should want to see whether the relationship between the player and the team can be reset. Zion is incredibly talented. Were he to play next year for the Pelicans, the Pelicans would be a serious contender for a championship. And the NBA is a superstar league where superstars sell tickets and--this is important in New Orleans--put fans in seats. The three most talented NBA players over the last 12 or so years who played for the New Orleans franchise are Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, and Zion. Are we going to lose all three?

3. Playing Zion, if healthy and in reasonable shape, can only help the Pelicans win in the playoffs.

Again, if Zion is not healthy or physically ready to play, then the reason for his not playing is obvious. But otherwise I do not understand treating him like Deshaun Watson. Yes, he can get hurt playing. But his minutes will be to some extent limited, and he can get hurt driving to the Smoothie King arena. If the Pelicans trade him, they are not going to get value for him, and they will be losing another superstar player who should be the face of the franchise and who can actually get fans to attend games.
    Last edited by RJinMandeville; 04-28-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Thread Information