Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Please don't boo Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    If your reasoning for preferring that CP3 never win a title is being dirty player then how does Draymond Green deserve a title? He’s won just once but three titles. Arguably the dirtiest player to ever play basketball in the NBA.
    See Chuck Daily's Nasty Boys (pick one...any one of them not named Dumars) and then talk to me about the dirtiest player in the NBA.

or

Ask Rudy Tomjanovich who he thinks the dirtiest player in NBA history is.

or

Look up the name 'Metta World Peace'.

or

Perhaps Kent Benson might have a thought on the matter.

CP3 is extremely dirty though

He just kicked Doncic in the nuts, elbowed Alvarado in the face. He's basically the guard version of Draymond

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Be honest, what do you remembered more, 28-3, or 31-17?
    31-17 with 100% honesty. How could any Saints fan not say our Super Bowl? I can only assume you are a casual fan of the Saints, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    31-17 with 100% honesty. How could any Saints fan not say our Super Bowl? I can only assume you are a casual fan of the Saints, if that.
    I didn?t ask if Saints fans remembered their Super Bowl, we all do. I asked what do you remember more, 28-3, or 31-17? I am far from a casual Saints fan, and as I live and breath 28-3 comes to mind quicker than 31-17. I would make an honest wager that I am not the only die hard Saints fan that feels that way.

FFS, one of the most mentioned topics by Saints fans is that colossal Falcons failure. So much so that when you go to Jazz Fest you can see several 28-3 flags flying, or when you visit respected Saints fan forums like Saintsreport.com, 28-3 is constantly mentioned in jest. Or people making special reference of the day on 3-28. Or when you go to Fleurty Girl and see they are selling merchandise showing 28-3. Or Dirty Coast raising money to have 28-3 billboard outside the Falcons anus looking stadium. Ain?t nobody mentioning 31-17 as often as 28-3.

We remember we won it. We remember Tracey Porter pick 6ing Manning. We remember Brees holding up Baylen. We remember the Super Bowl parade. We remember Jim Henderson saying ?pigs have flown?. We remember ?Ambush?. We remember Mike Bell needed different spikes in his cleats. Those things are as easy to remember as 28-3. But 31-17?

And all of this adds to the fact that we are New Orleans, and we are petty as ********.

Anyone pulling for CP3 to win a ring (after the crap he pulled) probably needs to get their card pulled.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    CP3 is extremely dirty though

He just kicked Doncic in the nuts, elbowed Alvarado in the face. He's basically the guard version of Draymond
    It’s not that CP3 is dirty. Draymond is dirty, Bill Lambier was dirty, Rodman, Sheed. They were all dirty, but they had no problem acknowledging that their play was rough, and they had no problem wearing the black hat. CP3 is dirty, he knows he is dirty, we know he is dirty, but he will ******** on your leg and tell you that it’s raining before he acknowledges he is dirty. Dude is Dirt McGurt with polish.

28-3 is a meme. People may not mention the score to the Saints/Colts game, but it doesn't mean it's not as memorable.

I think it says more about the person if they think more about 28-3 and another team choking away a big lead than their own team/city's lone major championship off an amazing season.

I didn?t ask if Saints fans remembered their Super Bowl, we all do. I asked what do you remember more, 28-3, or 31-17? I am far from a casual Saints fan, and as I live and breath 28-3 comes to mind quicker than 31-17. I would make an honest wager that I am not the only die hard Saints fan that feels that way.

FFS, one of the most mentioned topics by Saints fans is that colossal Falcons failure. So much so that when you go to Jazz Fest you can see several 28-3 flags flying, or when you visit respected Saints fan forums like Saintsreport.com, 28-3 is constantly mentioned in jest. Or people making special reference of the day on 3-28. Or when you go to Fleurty Girl and see they are selling merchandise showing 28-3. Or Dirty Coast raising money to have 28-3 billboard outside the Falcons anus looking stadium. Ain?t nobody mentioning 31-17 as often as 28-3.

We remember we won it. We remember Tracey Porter pick 6ing Manning. We remember Brees holding up Baylen. We remember the Super Bowl parade. We remember Jim Henderson saying ?pigs have flown?. We remember ?Ambush?. We remember Mike Bell needed different spikes in his cleats. Those things are as easy to remember as 28-3. But 31-17?

And all of this adds to the fact that we are New Orleans, and we are petty as ********.

Anyone pulling for CP3 to win a ring (after the crap he pulled) probably needs to get their card pulled.
    Any Saints fan is going to cherish the Super Bowl win over the 28-3 Atlanta failure and that should be pretty obvious. There is no way their failure is more memorable to our success. That is just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    28-3 is a meme. People may not mention the score to the Saints/Colts game, but it doesn't mean it's not as memorable.

I think it says more about the person if they think more about 28-3 and another team choking away a big lead than their own team/city's lone major championship off an amazing season.
    I think you have to have blinders on if you call yourself a Saints fan, and don’t see or hear the numbers 28-3 mentioned more often than 31-17. Our winning of the Super Bowl is more memorable for sure, but it’s not refrenced as often as the Falcons perfect example of ********ting the bed.

It probably does say something about the person if they think as much about the Falcons failure in the Super Bowl as they do the Saints. And that’s naturally New Orleans.

28-3 is an internet meme there's no way the average Saints fan on the street finds that more memorable than winning the Super Bowl unless they're young or have a very short attention span

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    28-3 is an internet meme there's no way the average Saints fan on the street finds that more memorable than winning the Super Bowl unless they're young or have a very short attention span
    28-3 is an internet meme, that people wear, put on billboards, sign at the bottom of their receipts, put on flags at the Fest, etc. etc. etc. so yes, there is a way that the average Joe on the street will remember that as much as the Saints Super Bowl win.

28-3 is an internet meme, that people wear, put on billboards, sign at the bottom of their receipts, put on flags at the Fest, etc. etc. etc. so yes, there is a way that the average Joe on the street will remember that as much as the Saints Super Bowl win.
    Not an actual Saints fan.

Really? We will have to agree to disagree I suppose.

Can't believe this is even a real discussion

Can't believe this is even a real discussion
    I know right? What local even talks about 28-3?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/sai...ghlights-upset

God Bless the 610 Stompers
    https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2017/12/...ep-squad-troll

The Saints certainly don’t care about 28-3
    https://www.12up.com/amp/posts/saint...e-01e58j1j6w9x

28-3 is supporting businesses both at home, and elsewhere
    https://www.businessinsider.com/sain...es-2017-12?amp

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/...Q3XRHyx1mqKmM/

I’m not just making this up. The proof is in the Googles AND the bread pudding. We are petty. And people stay ready to drop “28-3” far more than 31-17.

Just tell me your a Cowboys fan from Los Angeles and let’s be done with this charade. ��
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.

I'm not even going to pretend to play into your delusion sorry

Like are we talking just about comparing memorability of the respective scores? 28-3 would be just as/maybe more memorable due to the meme-ification, but if we're talking about the actual games, for a Saints fan the Saints SB is way more memorable than the Falcons'.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Like are we talking just about comparing memorability of the respective scores? 28-3 would be just as/maybe more memorable due to the meme-ification, but if we're talking about the actual games, for a Saints fan the Saints SB is way more memorable than the Falcons'.
    I’m talking about 28-3 being as memorable as our Super Bowl win. It’s the perfect balance for New Orleanians, we won a title, and the team that we absolutely despise blew a massive lead in the super bowl. Some folks are a bit more petty than others and might be more fond of that Falcons loss (and being able to hold that over falcons fans heads), but the two are equally memorable. If they weren’t 28-3 wouldn’t be a cottage industry in this town.

I'm not even going to pretend to play into your delusion sorry
    A cowboys fan from LA would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    The only reason he keeps harping on the literal score of 31-17 is because he knows the score "28-3" is more memorable than the score "31-17" but also realizes how dumb it sounds to seriously suggest the Falcons losing a Super Bowl is more memorable to the average Saints fan than, you know, the Saints actually winning one

Thread Information