Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Please don't boo Chris Paul

After the way he acted tonight the he deserves all the booing from the home crowd and the FU chants. Dude has always been a dirty player and tonight should have been tossed for a flagrant 2. I love Herb reaction he didn't fall for the fakeness on Chris like some of you lol at asking not to boo him. Jose just better protect his man region next game we know that Chris favorite move.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I wonder where that reporter was sitting that asked the question. I did not hear the chants he was talking about.
    It was loud and clear tonight. Both him and his boy Crowder

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Yeah folks let's stay classy and not boo Chris Paul, but an F Jae Crowder chant is completely acceptable right?
    Some guys make a career out of playing like a *****.

Crowder is one of them.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It was loud and clear tonight. Both him and his boy Crowder
    The Crowder chants were very clear tonight. Did not hear any CP3 chants (other than some boos the first time he touched the ball).

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Remember when Ingram got tossed out of a game for accidentally grazing a guys head while going for a block, and we were up by 10 points.

Chris Paul just did a full windup on Herbs face and smacked him because he was getting owned, and thats just a regular tech. No ejection.

Fair and Balanced officiating.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Remember when Ingram got tossed out of a game for accidentally grazing a guys head while going for a block, and we were up by 10 points.

Chris Paul just did a full windup on Herbs face and smacked him because he was getting owned, and thats just a regular tech. No ejection.

Fair and Balanced officiating.

cp3 should have been ejected for for that last night..

Yeah. And to be fair, I prefer the tougher "no ejection" playoff officiating. The NBA could definitely be tougher. But it needs to be consistent from game to game and the playoffs need to be called like the regular season.

I don't think CP3, BI, or even Hayes in game 3 should have been ejected.

And JFC the swing throughs need to be an offensive foul for faking.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. And to be fair, I prefer the tougher "no ejection" playoff officiating. The NBA could definitely be tougher. But it needs to be consistent from game to game and the playoffs need to be called like the regular season.

I don't think CP3, BI, or even Hayes in game 3 should have been ejected.

And JFC the swing throughs need to be an offensive foul for faking.
    The swing through is probably my least favorite thing in basketball. Its not a basketball move. CP3 is the pioneer of this move as far as I know, and when he does it its so obvious that he isnt trying to shoot or pass, and its initiating contact from someone in what should be a legal defensive posture.

Y’all still anti-booing this clown?

F him and the horse he rode in on.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Y’all still anti-booing this clown?

F him and the horse he rode in on.
    Hahaha, I'm the OP and I take it all back!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Let's see if the league changes that to a flagrant after the fact. Anyone taking bets?

They did it to Draymond Green, and he actually is a key member of a title winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    They did it to Draymond Green, and he actually is a key member of a title winning team.
    He noticed

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/202...-suns-pelicans

If we don’t win this series get your popcorn out if these two teams meet. Hang the wrestling ropes.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-28-2022 at 09:49 AM.

I don't remember CP3 being dirty at all for New Orleans

Rose coloured glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Rose coloured glasses?
    I do lol. He is just super competitive. I remember thinking it was funny. He also used to do this move where he would bring the ball up the court and then suddenly stop in front of someone running behind him to draw a foul. I dont recall him having that cheap swing through move yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I do lol. He is just super competitive. I remember thinking it was funny. He also used to do this move where he would bring the ball up the court and then suddenly stop in front of someone running behind him to draw a foul.
    That move isn't particularly dirty, just annoying and not really a basketball play. But not cheap shot dirty

I also don't remember him flopping at all

Rose coloured glasses?
    There's a video somewhere on youtube that shows a bunch of his dirty (as in trying to hurt his opponent) plays. He was wearing a Hornets uniform for some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    There's a video somewhere on youtube that shows a bunch of his dirty (as in trying to hurt his opponent) plays. He was wearing a Hornets uniform for some of them.
    It wouldn't surprise me

That move isn't particularly dirty, just annoying and not really a basketball play. But not cheap shot dirty

I also don't remember him flopping at all
    Wasn?t calling that move particularly dirty, rather it?s an example of him doing non basketball actions for the sole purpose of drawing fouls, something that has always been part of his game.

CP3 has been playing zone defense pretty much the whole series, so nobody gets to set hard screens on him. Except for Herb's flagrant mail-in foul, he doesn't get physically involved. If he stops in front of Jonas he should just keep running as if he doesn't see CP3. A few loose ball fouls spread out amongst a variety of Pelicans are also in order. No arm wind-up or leg kick, just bodies landing where gravity takes them. This ain't tiddleywinks....

Draymond Green's take on Paul's dropkick of Alvarado's 'balls'....

Been ejected for less

— Draymond Green (@Money23Green) April 27, 2022

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...28698c055192c5

Thread Information