Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Please don't boo Chris Paul

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    There will be lots of drunk people there tonight that will boo. He probably already knows this because he played in New Orleans for a while. He's one of the best to ever play, and a 37 year old grown man. He'll be fine.

He's my favorite all time New Orleans Hornet/Pelican player, but let's not forget....

For right or for wrong, he rejected and turned his back on us (the folks that supported him from his rookie year); we didn't reject him.

and

For right or for wrong, he leveraged last summer's better Pelican offer to get another year from Phoenix.

It's certainly not my style, but if you want to boo...by all means, be my guest.

Some of y'all youngins' must have started in the CP3 era and didn't get to live through Baron Davis. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Some of y'all youngins' must have started in the CP3 era and didn't get to live through Baron Davis. Lol
    ...or the Sybil Blalock Era
    ...or the Pete Maravich Era
    ...or the Larry Brown/Doug Moe Era.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Who cares. It's a freaking playoff game. Boo or don't boo.

This board is great. Let?s not boo opponents and instead root for play in losses. I don?t care what CP3 did 10 years ago. He is now standing in the way of the Pelicans advancing in the playoffs. We should boo him all day!

Booing CP3 is therapeutic. Let people get their therapy in, after all, those fans aren’t the ones that left Monty for Vinny Del Negro.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I honestly would like to see Pelicans give a thank you video to Chris Paul to start out our home stand. Just really a classy move to honor him.
    Yeah go ahead and roll that video. What else could go wrong besides our star center being kicked out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah go ahead and roll that video. What else could go wrong besides our star center being kicked out the game.
    Star center? Jaxon Hayes the woman beater and pet abuser?

He’s no star player for the Pelicans but he is a star for the Suns based on the below

******** Hayes

Such a cancer

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post

He’s no star player for the Pelicans but he is a star for the Suns based on the below

If getting them going gets them to a level where they need the Point God to help them squeak out a 3 point victory against a play-in team, then they're not really the best team in the NBA.

I was being sarcastic. . Guess I should of tagged it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    If getting them going gets them to a level where they need the Point God to help them squeak out a 3 point victory against a play-in team, then they're not really the best team in the NBA.
    It’s a mismatch if Ayton shows up to play. We got no chance. He showed up last night. Tuesday he was M.I.A.

I kept hearing after game 2 how Jonas destroyed Ayton. I was like Ayton didn't do anything because he didn't get the opportunities that he did in games 1 and 3. He torched JV. JV is a HUGE defensive liability, and Ayton will continue to torch him if they give him the ball.

As for Jax... he let Crowder get into his head. Can't let that happen. Yeah you're young but I'm not blaming youth there. That's just plain stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I don’t think there’s anyone on the planet that thinks a Suns team without Booker is the best team in the NBA. If they had to play a full season with the same lineup that played last night, they wouldn’t even make the play-in. They would be on the same tier as the Lakers.

I don’t think there’s anyone on the planet that thinks a Suns team without Booker is the best team in the NBA. If they had to play a full season with the same lineup that played last night, they wouldn’t even make the play-in. They would be on the same tier as the Lakers.
    You really are doubling down on this horrific take after that terrible thread yesterday, huh?
    @mcnamara247

You obviously missed the 2021 Suns season

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2022/04/...story-updates/

They won plenty of games without Booker

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You really are doubling down on this horrific take after that terrible thread yesterday, huh?
    Yeah I don’t think a 37 yr old CP3 is gonna go off every 4th QTR over an 82 game season. Crazy hot take, I know.

And only people that lack comprehension skills would find the thread yesterday to be “terrible” since it was clearly stated with an “IF”….

In my mind I know the type of things that I would do if I win a billion dollars. Does that make it any more or less likely for me to get a billion dollars? No.
    Last edited by HoustonRox; 04-23-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Yeah I don’t think a 37 yr old CP3 is gonna go off every 4th QTR over an 82 game season. Crazy hot take, I know.

And only people that lack comprehension skills would find the thread yesterday to be “terrible” since it was clearly stated with an “IF”….

In my mind I know the type of things that I would do if I win a billion dollars. Does that make it any more or less likely for me to get a billion dollars? No.
    No, it wasnt. You say in the FIRST SENTENCE: I don’t think there’s any real reason to think Suns can still win the series

That is insanity. No real reason to think the superior team (yes, even without Booker) with the superior coach, and is the betting favorite, can win the series.

But you are clearly younger. We all were once. This will be a learning lesson for you. The game isnt played on paper with names, its played in reality and IQ trumps skill set in the playoffs. I was once a young punk who swore the Hornets would beat the Bulls in the playoffs the year MJ came back and looked rusty and old while the Pels had a better record, more depth, fresher legs, etc. Experience is the great teacher

It’s a mismatch if Ayton shows up to play. We got no chance. He showed up last night. Tuesday he was M.I.A.
    And that "mismatch" produced a THREE POINT win. If Ayton shows up to play and we lose by 25 every time, then yes, we've probably got no chance. He showed up last night, and they won by THREE. A couple of FTs, a better bounce on a rebound, or one extra shot made or turnover created and we win that game. That doesn't sound like a "we got no chance" scenario to me.

They're probably not going to shoot 4-26 from three again, but they're also no likely to have only 5 turnovers in an entire game and we're not likely to commit 28 personal fouls either.

Yeah probably should stick to boooing him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1GuGWTu_E

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I kept hearing after game 2 how Jonas destroyed Ayton. I was like Ayton didn't do anything because he didn't get the opportunities that he did in games 1 and 3. He torched JV. JV is a HUGE defensive liability, and Ayton will continue to torch him if they give him the ball.

As for Jax... he let Crowder get into his head. Can't let that happen. Yeah you're young but I'm not blaming youth there. That's just plain stupidity.
    Game one starting center stats:

18 points 3 assists 25 boards

21 points 2 assists 9 boards

Wanna take a guess which one was which?

Now Ayton was having an amazing stufftastic game all over our other players that kept ignorantly driving at him but it's gonna take a fantastic stretch from even the staunchest of Jonas haters to claim Ayton torched Jonas.

People take rebounding for granted until all of a sudden we're not doing it, and BOOM they're paying attention.

Ayton is hands down the better player and won game 3 handily but Jonas bested him the games before that. Can't take away game 1 from him.

It's funny, from the eye test it felt like the Suns destroyed us on the offense boards but looking at the stats, they didn't. But it needs to be a bigger advantage for us considering it's our strength and their suppsed weakness.

Anyways, CP3 is too old to have two good games in three days. We'll win this one easy. Stealing another game in Phoenix will be the trick. I can even see Monty telling him to take it easy in the NOLA games and save it for the home court ones now that they got their advantage back.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 04-24-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Yeah probably should stick to boooing him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1GuGWTu_E

I wonder where that reporter was sitting that asked the question. I did not hear the chants he was talking about.

Yeah folks let's stay classy and not boo Chris Paul, but an F Jae Crowder chant is completely acceptable right?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Thread Information