Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please don't boo Chris Paul

Season Ticket Holder

Please don't boo Chris Paul

Let's not boo Chris Paul unless he punches someone in the balls. Let's show everyone how classy we are.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    If Chris Paul goes out there and ruptures his achilles and he's boo'd as he's carried off the court, that's classless.

But booing him when he has the ball, during intros, etc? Fair game.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    If Chris Paul goes out there and ruptures his achilles and he's boo'd as he's carried off the court, that's classless.

You can do what you want. You've been a fan of this team much longer than I.

However, if it was up to me (and its clearly not), he wouldn't be booed. He's a New Orleans legend who left the team for good reasons and never badmouthed the city. He shouldn't be booed any more than Deandre Ayton should be booed.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Let's not boo Chris Paul unless he punches someone in the balls. Let's show everyone how classy we are.
    What is classless about booing an opposing player?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Let's flip it. What is the BENEFIT?
    @mcnamara247

I don't see why anyone would boo him.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Oh come on, don't be coy.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    I don't see why anyone would boo him.
    I'm concerned that there will be some casual fans who see CP3 in the same light as AD and just assume that CP3 and AD both were "bad" for forcing a trade out of New Orleans.

CP3 is the best player in this franchise history and likely always will be. He has said nothing but good things since leaving and still gives back to the community. I would love to hear a justification for booing that. Like, can you do it? Sure. Does it make you a terrible person if you do? No. But why?

People who boo him, if he is booed, are for the most part uneducated about the situation of his departure. At first when he left was I upset, sure, and I got over it. Hopefully others are over it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KennaBrah View Post
    People who boo him, if he is booed, are for the most part uneducated about the situation of his departure. At first when he left was I upset, sure, and I got over it. Hopefully others are over it as well.
    Anthony Davis & Jrue Holiday likes this

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    CP3 is the best player in this franchise history and likely always will be. He has said nothing but good things since leaving and still gives back to the community. I would love to hear a justification for booing that. Like, can you do it? Sure. Does it make you a terrible person if you do? No. But why?
    Exactly.

I've got nothing but positive feelings about CP3 at this point. He's been glowing about the city any chance it comes up to talk about, so I don't see how anyone could compare him to AD. At worst, treat him like you would any opposing player.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Sit there in silence when he has the ball. No music or that siren from the sound guy(Everybody clap your hands)either

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I'm concerned that there will be some casual fans who see CP3 in the same light as AD and just assume that CP3 and AD both were "bad" for forcing a trade out of New Orleans.
    I think you should give the fanbase a little more credit.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    I think you should give the fanbase a little more credit.
    Agree. I did not know CJ Paul posted here.

I think it was Patrick Beverley that said something like I may like you off the court but once that game starts till end I’m your enemy.

Found it
    “When you play me, I'm going to get right up in your grill and let you know it's going to be a long day. It's going to be physical. It's going to be something you don't like. It's going to be hell.“

Patrick Beverley

No more mr nice guy when that game starts. Let fans be fans too. Boooing is not offensive

I honestly would like to see Pelicans give a thank you video to Chris Paul to start out our home stand. Just really a classy move to honor him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I honestly would like to see Pelicans give a thank you video to Chris Paul to start out our home stand. Just really a classy move to honor him.
    We should probably move on and make a video for Herb Rookie of The Year .Why return to the past? How about look at the future?
    https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...rleans-record/

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post

Why tho? The dude played hard for us. It's not our fault we couldn't put a team around him.

Quote Originally Posted by riot. View Post
    Why tho? The dude played hard for us. It's not our fault we couldn't put a team around him.
    Again why are we looking at the past and not the future?

"It?s the craziest dynamic in this series," Paul told The Times-Picayune. "I root so hard for Willie, for the city. When Willie got the job there, I probably had to be the happiest person. Because not only did he deserve a head coaching job, but the city of New Orleans deserved someone like him."

"I grew up in New Orleans," Paul said. "I'm not who I am without being part of that city. I got drafted right after Katrina. All the relationships that I have there, it will never go away."

"That city, it's not for everybody. But for the people that it's for, ain't no city better."
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-22-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We should probably move on and make a video for Herb Rookie of The Year .Why return to the past? How about look at the future?
    https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...rleans-record/
    Because if CP3 never came NOLA. The team would of been sold a couple of years sooner and probably moved to a different city.

CP3 was the 1st sustainable proof of NOLA being able to support a basketball team.

Thread Information