Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: April 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 3 - 1-1

Playoffs April 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 3 - 1-1

Basketball.

Season Ticket Holder
    I'm stoked!

I actually believe that we're not gonna screw this up! We have a good coach! We have 2 stars! We have role players who fight! Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm expecting a game 1 type performance from us
    Welcome to be here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Who is going to the Blender?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Who is going to the Blender?
    Sadly, I can't go tonight but I'll be there Sunday.

I believe in the defense. The Suns are now limited on their options and there are clear ways to attack them on that end and hold them to 98-105 points. The offense is what swings this. Turnovers, 3 point shooting, offensive rebounds. Show me those three things in the box score and I think you can tell if the Pels have won the game.

Either way, its exciting for the fan base that they have important games that they can win and a team that represents the city well

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I expect that with Booker out the Suns will be looking to their big men. The Pelicans have done a reasonable job holding up against Ayton and McGee so far, hopefully that will continue. And dont let Chris Paul get comfortable, no open looks from 3 because he will knock those down.

I’m going to try get ticket from seatgeek or ticket exchange since it is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I believe in the defense. The Suns are now limited on their options and there are clear ways to attack them on that end and hold them to 98-105 points. The offense is what swings this. Turnovers, 3 point shooting, offensive rebounds. Show me those three things in the box score and I think you can tell if the Pels have won the game.

Either way, its exciting for the fan base that they have important games that they can win and a team that represents the city well
    You think Griffin has a shot at Executive of the Year?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

No shot

Those awards are usually given a year too late any way. They go from 36-46 to 60-22 next year and he has a shot. Even if he barely does anything

Feel like there’s way too much overconfidence right now. Really need the Pelicans to lock in on 3 point defense. Can’t let guys like Crowder find their rhythm again.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You think Griffin has a shot at Executive of the Year?
    I can't imagine executive of the year would go to an executive who's team finished the season below 500. That would be nuts.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Feel like there’s way too much overconfidence right now. Really need the Pelicans to lock in on 3 point defense. Can’t let guys like Crowder find their rhythm again.
    Luckily, my overconfidence has no impact on the game. You feel like the team has "way too much overconfidence"? Cause if the answer is "no", worry about something else. You'll be a happier person.

Agree but when we look back, isn’t that usually when the exec actually did the work that made the difference? Like, the year that the Warriors took Klay or Draymond, the exec didn’t get the award that year. He gets it years later because the team is great. But it’s really a reward for decisions he made years prior

HUGE game - let’s go!

I know some people dont like it, but F it, I am putting down what my rotations would be:

CJ - 41 mins
    BI - 41 mins
    Herb - 40 mins
    Nance - 30 mins
    JV - 26 mins
    Trey - 24 mins
    Hayes - 22 mins
    Jose - 12 mins
    Naji - 4 mins

Naji plays 4 mins in the first half, doesnt play in the 2nd half. Basically, I tell him to go out there and harrass CP3 for 4 mins, giving Herb a break off him for 4 mins in the first half. I am going to finish this game with CJ-BI-Herb-Trey-Nance. In that 2nd half, I am blitzing and trapping every pick and roll and making other guys try to beat me.

15 point victory.

But also.

Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    GAME DAY LOL......to all of you who cant make it to the game...i hope you have a good time on this game day thread with the little amount of meltdown post as possible....

go pels.....

Don't let Ayton and Chris Paul high post pullup you to death. Dont let Bridges, Cam, and Crowder kill you behind the 3 pt line.

And some of the dummies in national media said the Pels played a perfect game last time. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Lots of dumb unforced turnovers that led to 17 of them total. Jax has to stop with the silly fouls.

As the stakes get higher with each game, that needs to stop.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-22-2022 at 05:27 PM.

There seems to be a tug-of-war going on with the betting line.

Started with PHX -1.5, jumped to -2.5, now back to -2.0.

Sharps and squares doing battle in the late hour.

Shoot-around

just got tix for sunday and I cant wait for the atmosphere. As for tonight's game as well as all games vs the suns it is about defensive intensity and offensive efficiency. make your free throws and continue to dominate the glass. let the old man try to beat you.

Even the national meatheads are starting to change their tune and get on the Pels bandwagon.

Do not like.

Lots of signs pointing to a desperate Phoenix team showing off their western conference championship experience tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.

Basketball Guru
    i think that cam dude might go for 30...we couldnt stop him from driving to the rim and scoring at will the times he attacked in the last game...we cant let ayton get 20 easy point in the paint just by putting up floaters.....

Thread Information