Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To Playoffs or Not to Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    But again, we're talking about a league that is primarily built through free agency and trades. The inconsequential question is 'who will OKC draft in that spot' and probability shows us the bigger question is 'where will the player OKC draft in that spot eventually go win championships'.

With our core being set, free agency is more important to us than the draft and it's not even close. Especially since we already have that Lakers pick.

Have you guys had the volume on mute the past two games? The national media is actually starting to salivate over us and our future. I've heard more TNT and ESPN pundits saying positive things about us in less than a week than in the previous 10 years combined. We already have Trey and Herb on nice rookie deals, Jose, too, and the Lakers pick.......our draft pick means nothing compared to the FA clout we're now swinging around.
    Media talking us up =\= a sudden influx of talented free agents clamoring to get to NO

We don't have the space to take on free agents anyway. Any improvements will have to come through trades, or randomly ring chasing over the hill vet min guys choosing New Orleans

Actually, we do have the middle level and bi-annual that I forgot about
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-16-2022 at 12:29 PM.

You can also draft players and later trade them. OKC could take a guy at 4 and then cash him in 3 years from now for a win guy now that is much better than the guy they could have gotten with 12. It’s a stock market. I didn’t want that pick to necessarily keep that guy for the next decade. I wanted the higher odds at a more valuable Asset

As for the national media, you guys all said their opinions were invalid a few months ago, so keep that same philosophy now. These people didn’t get smarter overnight, right?
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    But your obsession with me is getting creepy. Your need to comment on everything I say and try to put me down on a personal level. I gotta hit the ignore on you. And sincerely, get some help. You should never be this obsessed with someone you don’t even know
    You want to talk about creepy, why don't we talk about what you posted about women on Twitter? For that matter, what are you still even doing here? I thought you vowed to go away?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I couldn't even enjoy the game. I barely watched it because deep down I wanted us to lose

And I feel horrible about it
    If Clips just played like trash and didn’t care, I wouldn’t have taken anything from it. But Clips hit them with a haymaker and Pels came back on the road and hit them back in the mouth. That has long term value. More than a top 4 pick? No. But more than the 23rd pick in 2025? Definitely

I am going to enjoy the win. Obviously many of you can not. And if by some miracle CP3 and Monty lose to us in the first round I will be all the more thrilled. Win where you are at always.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If Clips just played like trash and didn’t care, I wouldn’t have taken anything from it. But Clips hit them with a haymaker and Pels came back on the road and hit them back in the mouth. That has long term value. More than a top 4 pick? No. But more than the 23rd pick in 2025? Definitely
    Welcome to the party brother!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Welcome to the party brother!
    I never wasn’t at the party. Look at the original post in this thread. I showed the good for both sides.

Everything in life has cost. Decisions are based on your best calculation of cost vs benefit. People are on a high now, but in two weeks that high will be gone. May 17th will come and be a real day. But there is no upside to wishing things went differently. Now, we all should be on the same page of hoping they gain experience and have no injuries that go into next year. But it was still very legitimate to unemotionally prefer a loss to a win last night. Being upset about it NOW, however has no purpose

Agreed, but I can't seem to quell the risk averse part of me

Back to unlikely. Apparently, Zion put on about 8 pounds and it?s not muscle. I don?t fully understand how they measure but was told they are concerned with the added weight on the landing. Apparently they can measure landing force. Way over my head. But was told very unlikely due to the recent 8 pounds
    If this is true, when can we trade Zion? I?d take Julius Randle, Quickley, and a couple firsts for Zion, Graham, and Temple at this point. I certainly wouldn?t give Zion the max this summer. I’d rather see him traded. Far more likely that he becomes closer to Greg Oden than Charles Barkley at this point.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-16-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Pels are offering him an extension this summer. Trade route is not being explored at this time

I'm looking forward to see what the do in the Playoffs. I'll root for them in an irrational manner that's expected from a Pelicans fan!

Pels are offering him an extension this summer. Trade route is not being explored at this time
    Man Zion just can't help himself with the food huh? I wonder if it's lack of conditioning or an addition he has to putting on weight. I'm kinda terrified what he will do in the off season, even more if we offer him a 5 year max straight with no extra clauses. There is a scenario where we he signs, and have even less ********s to give and delay start to training camp smh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

That's what I've been banging on about for the last day or two on this board (and people are sick of hearing). '

Winning the play in game had so many implications including giving OKC another lottery - possible top 4 - pick
    Forgive my ignorance, but where does OKC play into our play-in scenario? I didn't have that one on my radar

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but where does OKC play into our play-in scenario? I didn't have that one on my radar

They have the Clippers pick, unprotected. If Clips win last night, they get the 15th pick. But Clips lose and now they can get a top 4 pick. Not likely, but its now possible

They have the Clippers pick, unprotected. If Clips win last night, they get the 15th pick. But Clips lose and now they can get a top 4 pick. Not likely, but its now possible
    Got it!

So y’all want that Bucks 2025 pick and a 9.4% better chance at a top 4 pick? Even if we don’t win another game, worth it. We are winning at least one more game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So y?all want that Bucks 2025 pick and a 9.4% better chance at a top 4 pick? Even if we don?t win another game, worth it. We are winning at least one more game.
    This is why you never hope to lose..

We're now staring down the barrel of doing something amazing because we finally caught a break

Is it too late to cast a vote for “to playoffs”?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

im just here to see the walk of shame

I'm starting to come around now. Still trying not to be too much of a prisoner of the moment

The whole league taking notice now is pretty special, I have to say

Plus the whole team has been super clutch in the 4th over the play ins and playoffs so far

I'm starting to come around now. Still trying not to be too much of a prisoner of the moment

Plus the whole team has been super clutch in the 4th over the play ins and playoffs so far
    I don’t blame you. Hell, I am still wondering if this is real or not. There have been a great number of young teams with tremendous amounts of talent and potential, that hit a ridge, and bother climbing to the peak of the mountain.

MM should be ashamed for asking this question but in fairness it was something to think about two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    MM should be ashamed for asking this question but in fairness it was something to think about two weeks ago.
    the people who should be ashamed are the jabronis who bought into what he was selling and co-signed hoping for this team to lose in the play in.

Basketball Guru

Lately we been a second half team and you knew when Booker was going off and we were fighting back and was down by 5 going into the second half that we had a chance to win tonight....hell if cp3 would had miss some shots in the first game we may could have won that one if our shots were falling....

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    the people who should be ashamed are the jabronis who bought into what he was selling and co-signed hoping for this team to lose in the play in.
    This.

Thread Information