Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: To Playoffs or Not to Playoffs?

Knowing the results, yes the answer is obvious now. But we didnt know the results at the time of the debate.

If Pels dont make it and we never see this universe and they jump into top 4, we all say "thank god they didnt make the playoffs"

Its easy to just play the results. But then there is no content for the message board. The goal is to spark conversation and debate. There is no prize for being right. Nobody is going to get a promotion at work because they were right on this message board, or win a date with Rihanna. Its all just conversation to stimulate the mind and kill time in the day.

And yes, now that the results have played out, we all know and agree on the right answer. But let us not forget the joy created by the process of the discussion, and it should lead us to continue having more debates. Not just waiting to see how it plays out before we have fun with conversations.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

We're going to win by 12.
    There better be prizes!

At the least, I want a cookie.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We played extremely well last night, but lets not think this is going to be the norm going forward. We hit 17 threes, a franchise record. We can't expect that every game.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    We played extremely well last night, but lets not think this is going to be the norm going forward. We hit 17 threes, a franchise record. We can't expect that every game.
    17-30 mind you. Remember, I went over the teams who beat Phoenix and how and the most common thing was outlier 3 point shooting.

That said, if they are without Booker, there were many formulas that beat them or almost beat them (like, Orlando only lost by 3)

The question to me is: If Booker doesn't play, do the Suns continue to play 35/36 minutes or does he now play 40-42? If the Suns are only getting 36 minutes out of Booker and CP3 combined, and the Pels are getting 84 from CJ and BI, the Pels have a very good chance

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    17-30 mind you. Remember, I went over the teams who beat Phoenix and how and the most common thing was outlier 3 point shooting.

That said, if they are without Booker, there were many formulas that beat them or almost beat them (like, Orlando only lost by 3)

The question to me is: If Booker doesn't play, do the Suns continue to play 35/36 minutes or does he now play 40-42? If the Suns are only getting 36 minutes out of Booker and CP3 combined, and the Pels are getting 84 from CJ and BI, the Pels have a very good chance
    I'm guessing you mean play CP 40-42

Hammy go ping times 2

Fingers crossed BI doesn't make it 3
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-20-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This quote from belongs in here. In the interview where Zion said he couldn't resign with the team fast enough, he also said that he in a great space now. The reporter asked why and this was response:

"Being around the guys, being in the Smoothie King, seeing that playoff environment. In the locker room, we have a special locker room. My first two years it was a good locker room but this year was, I guess maybe it was the playoffs, it was more together I would say."

Being in the playoffs was invaluable for this franchise. It energized the fanbase to a level that we haven't seen in a long time, maybe ever. It put the league on notice, players and commentators nationwide are showing the Pelicans love. It gave our young squad experience measuring themselves against the best in the NBA. And it galvanized the team, brought everyone closer together, including Zion. His enthusiasm for being in New Orleans has definitely increased.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    This quote from belongs in here. In the interview where Zion said he couldn't resign with the team fast enough, he also said that he in a great space now. The reporter asked why and this was response:

"Being around the guys, being in the Smoothie King, seeing that playoff environment. In the locker room, we have a special locker room. My first two years it was a good locker room but this year was, I guess maybe it was the playoffs, it was more together I would say."

Being in the playoffs was invaluable for this franchise. It energized the fanbase to a level that we haven't seen in a long time, maybe ever. It put the league on notice, players and commentators nationwide are showing the Pelicans love. It gave our young squad experience measuring themselves against the best in the NBA. And it galvanized the team, brought everyone closer together, including Zion. His enthusiasm for being in New Orleans has definitely increased.
    some of us fans have players mentality...you always go for the playoffs if its in reach.....

Thread Information