Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Centric 2022 Top-10 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    With Chet, how much weight do you put into his injury risk?

Do we hedge and pick a guy with a less injury-prone body type? Obviously, he's his own guy and should not be judged by the injury history of other tall, skinny guys. But we already have our own injury-prone super-prospect. Do we go for a safer pick because Zion is so injury prone? Or does that not factor in?
    Chet has a perimeter game so he doesn't even need to put on massive muscle. If he can reach Durant's size that'd be fine. You don't pass up talent like that and assume the worst.

The most interesting guy to me right now is Dyson Daniels. I could really see it becoming a debate between him, Johnny Davis, and Mathurin for that next guard off the board after Sharpe and all 3 guys have a good case to make. Davis probably has the highest floor and lowest ceiling, Daniels the lowest floor and highest ceiling and Mathurin has the middle of the two.

Daniels really is a jumpshot away from being an elite prospect. Super long and fluid, super high IQ, high defensive potential, cares a lot, multi positional on both sides.

People watched Mathurin in the tourney and have probably never watched Daniels, so they will lean that way. But I am actually starting to lean Daniels. He might be 7th on my board when all is said and done
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The most interesting guy to me right now is Dyson Daniels. I could really see it becoming a debate between him, Johnny Davis, and Mathurin for that next guard off the board after Sharpe and all 3 guys have a good case to make. Davis probably has the highest floor and lowest ceiling, Daniels the lowest floor and highest ceiling and Mathurin has the middle of the two.

Daniels really is a jumpshot away from being an elite prospect. Super long and fluid, super high IQ, high defensive potential, cares a lot, multi positional on both sides.

People watched Mathurin in the tourney and have probably never watched Daniels, so they will lean that way. But I am actually starting to lean Daniels. He might be 7th on my board when all is said and done
    I liked what I saw out of Daniels in the ASG weekend game but those are glorified pickup games so it's tough for me to gauge but the tools are there.

Don't sleep on Agbaji. I know that he's projected to go towards the middle of the first but he should at least get a workout as I could see him rising up the board a bit.

Usually risers are raw, underclassmen. Pretty raw a safe, low upside upperclassman rises into the top 10. My guess for risers are Daniels, Branham, and John Butler. Relative where most project those guys now.

Me too, but I'd rather see them just put the assets in and get the best player they can. Think of NAW and Trey and Kira and Hayes -- thats more often than not what you get in late lotto/mid first. You would trade all four of those for LaMelo or Ant or Mobley or Cade or Scottie, right? Go find the guy you think is that and give up 8, 2023, and the Lakers 2024/25 pick and just get a major piece
    Sellers are rare, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Sellers are rare, tho.
    Its rare. What you gotta hope for is a team seeing their top tier go in front of them. Like, if Orlando or OKC get 4 and Ivey is there, would they be better served trading back to 8 and picking up the Lakers 24/25 pick or taking another guard in already crowded, young backcourts? The other possibility is if a top 4 team wants to hit the gas and its actually a three way. So, say New York lands #3 and wants to go for Donovon Mitchell. Maybe Utah would prefer a bunch of picks to just 1 in this draft where they dont love anybody. So, they get 8 and the Lakers pick and another one, whatever.

But yeah, its rare. And it costs a lot more than fans usually put in their fake trades. Cost Dallas the 10th pick to move up from 5 to 3. And both guys turned out to be tier 1 guys, but going into that draft, most didnt have Trae as Tier 1. Cost Atlanta #17, three high 2nds and taking on a bad contract to move from 8 to 4 and really that was just moving up to what people thought was the top of Tier #2. Prior to those, I cant think of an example of someone moving up from Tier 2 to Tier 1 until you get all the way back to Utah moving up for Deron Williams in 2005.

Long story short, if Griff wants to get into that Tier 1, he is gonna have to "overpay" -- but that is what the assets are there for.

Do you think Daniels ceiling higher than Giddey? They seem pretty similar to me, with giddey being a lil bigger

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Do you think Daniels ceiling higher than Giddey? They seem pretty similar to me, with giddey being a lil bigger
    I would say Daniels has higher potential as a scorer and defender, Giddey has higher potential as a playmaker

How would Ben Mathurin do here? If we were to land him, who?s mins is he taking?

He reminds me of a Malcolm Brogdon, but with more upside.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    How would Ben Mathurin do here? If we were to land him, who?s mins is he taking?

I don't see Malcom Brogdon at all in his game lol.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Me either. He lands somewhere on the spectrum between Ben McLemore and Ray Allen. That’s his game. Just a question where he lands on that spectrum

Does anyone think the NBA will mess with the protection rules? It's amazing we were able to trade the same pick twice and still end up with a % chance of keeping the pick ourselves too. Was this just a unique situation and getting two separate teams to agree to the protections won't happen again especially since both teams will end up with 2 seconds if a FRP doesn't convey.
    #FREEQUAIL

Not at all. Nobody is being deceived. The GMs are all smart and understand risk/reward

What Griff did wasn’t really that genius or rare. It just so happened that the Lakers had the most disappointing season of all time that almost nobody anticipated. As for our own pick, it looks complicated but it really wasn’t. Long story short, no, NBA won’t fix any of that because nobody will complain. They all completely went in with eyes open and are fine with the outcomes

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

I say he starts at the 2 and they go back to bringing Herb off the bench or if they keep Herb in the starting lineup, Mathurin would be the 6th man of sorts. I really like how either he or Sharpe would fit with this team.

Dyson as well. Whereas Giddey is a lead ballhandler, I could see Dyson playing off the ball some. I'm just hesitant about wasting what could be the 8th pick in the draft on him. If Sharpe or Matthurin are there then you would think that they would be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I say he starts at the 2 and they go back to bringing Herb off the bench or if they keep Herb in the starting lineup, Mathurin would be the 6th man of sorts. I really like how either he or Sharpe would fit with this team.

Dyson as well. Whereas Giddey is a lead ballhandler, I could see Dyson playing off the ball some. I'm just hesitant about wasting what could be the 8th pick in the draft on him. If Sharpe or Matthurin are there then you would think that they would be the pick.
    Starting? Mathurin or Daniels wouldn’t even start the season in the rotation IMO. Now, if you are talking about down the road, yeah he is a starter

Me either. He lands somewhere on the spectrum between Ben McLemore and Ray Allen. That’s his game. Just a question where he lands on that spectrum
    I was thinking of current Eric Gordon minus the finishing at the rim

Starting? Mathurin or Daniels wouldn’t even start the season in the rotation IMO. Now, if you are talking about down the road, yeah he is a starter
    Long term is what matters so that's what I'm thinking. Still, if he knocks everyone's socks off in training camp and they think that he's a good fit in the starting lineup, anything's possible.

There is a guy on the Pels top 10 that is not in this thread at all......

There is a guy on the Pels top 10 that is not in this thread at all......
    Ochai Agbaji? Or Jalen Duren?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    Ochai Agbaji? Or Jalen Duren?
    Both are mentioned in this thread. So, nope.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The whole thread? I ain't going back, so I'm gonna take a stab in the dark.

Blake Wesley?

Griffin reminds of Saddiq Bey shooting 3's, and we all are sorry we passed on Bey

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The whole thread? I ain't going back, so I'm gonna take a stab in the dark.

Blake Wesley?
    No, but he is an interesting name. I wouldnt hate him in a scenario we trade back

No, but he is an interesting name. I wouldnt hate him in a scenario we trade back
    It's either Tyty, Hardy, or Montero

Btw Jaden Hardy is another NAW which terrifies me.

Thread Information