Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Centric 2022 Top-10 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I wouldn’t do any of that personally. I was just painting the very unlikely situation in which I might consider Davis

I would have zero interest in moving down. If anything I would overpay to move up. Like, pay way more than anybody on this board would be willing to. But I wouldn’t even consider moving down. Team needs quality not more quantity
    If you remove Temple and Graham ONLY from this roster is there anyone in this draft which will elevate the Pels into Top 3 in the West in the next 2 years?

What we really need is for Sharpe to announce he's entering the draft. Him going in the top 7 should push Mathurin right into our lap.

When is the deadline on entering the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If you remove Temple and Graham ONLY from this roster is there anyone in this draft which will elevate the Pels into Top 3 in the West in the next 2 years?
    No. But my path would be to make a substantial movie in Feb or July of 2023 and THAT combined with internal development, the 2022 pick, etc could make you a contender in 2023-24 and beyond
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by redboy0125 View Post
    What we really need is for Sharpe to announce he's entering the draft. Him going in the top 7 should push Mathurin right into our lap.

When is the deadline on entering the draft?
    Was told by a very credible FO member of another team that Sharpe is in. Don’t know why it hasn’t been announced yet but apparently it is one of the worst kept secrets in the league and everyone is moving forward as if he is in

Trying to figure out what gonna happen in that 2nd tier after Ivey is going to be interesting.

Pacer
    Portland
    Kings

Kings go full Kings and do what's unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Trying to figure out what gonna happen in that 2nd tier after Ivey is going to be interesting.

Pacer
    Portland
    Kings

Kings go full Kings and do what's unexpected.
    I'm thinking Keegan Murray, AJ Griffin, Sharpe. In any order.

Daniels, Sharpe, Mathurin

Man, the way this team is developing, the only weakness is the big position, but if Zion returns healthy he cures some of those ills, so it leaves you asking, where is the pick going to be spent. It’s always a luxury to have swing players, you can never have enough because there are so few great ones, but then do you trust Jose as your starting “point guard” (I know we have point Zion)?

It’s going to be a fun decision, and I’m glad that I don’t need to make it.

Positionless starting 5

BI
    CJ
    Zion
    JV (can be upgraded)
    DG/JA (can bd upgraded)
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Here's a good breakdown of MM's guy Dieng:

LOL - He aint my guy. I just found out he was super high on our board and passed the info along

"My guys" are Dyson Daniels and Jeremy Sochan

I almost feel like a bunch of evaluators got cases of Keegan Murray fatigue, because he was so good early and there was so much discussion around him already before the more serious mocks started to appear in greater numbers. I'm trying to picture him in a situation where he isn't a lead scorer or lead Usage rate guy-- could he still be impactful? I think so. Compare his steals + blocks to other prospects, per 100 possessions:

Keegan
    2.3 steals
    3.5 blocks

Paolo
    1.9 steals
    1.6 blocks

Jabari Smith
    2.1 steals
    2.1 blocks

Sochan
    2.9 steals
    1.6 blocks

Tari Eason
    4.5 steals
    2.5 blocks

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Here's a good breakdown of MM's guy Dieng:

You saw with LaMelo's NBL stats. The rims are flat out tighter in the NBL and the defense is allowed to be a lot more physical. It is a good testing ground for young talent, and I see something like a mix of Jaxson and Herb with this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    I almost feel like a bunch of evaluators got cases of Keegan Murray fatigue, because he was so good early and there was so much discussion around him already before the more serious mocks started to appear in greater numbers. I'm trying to picture him in a situation where he isn't a lead scorer or lead Usage rate guy-- could he still be impactful? I think so. Compare his steals + blocks to other prospects, per 100 possessions:

Keegan
    2.3 steals
    3.5 blocks

Paolo
    1.9 steals
    1.6 blocks

Jabari Smith
    2.1 steals
    2.1 blocks

Sochan
    2.9 steals
    1.6 blocks

Tari Eason
    4.5 steals
    2.5 blocks
    For what its worth, I got Murray 6th. I just dont think he will be there when we pick. I assume the top 4, then Murray and Sharpe will be gone.

Based on that, I like Daniels next. Then, the real debate is Sochan vs Mathurin for 8th

What's the plan for the 2nd round... About dive into it. Probably selling both picks? Not all that impressed with the 2nd round. Maybe take a flyer on developmental big like a Jabari Walker

For what its worth, I got Murray 6th. I just dont think he will be there when we pick. I assume the top 4, then Murray and Sharpe will be gone.

Based on that, I like Daniels next. Then, the real debate is Sochan vs Mathurin for 8th
    Yeah, I think I have him pretty much there too. He's got those off-the-charts advanced numbers like Zion and Brandon Clarke, and is positioned age-wise between them and probably with better measurements than Clarke, so is it unreasonable to think his ultimate impact might be something like 25-30% closer to Zion than to Brandon? That's kind of how I'm thinking of it now.
    Last edited by Eyquem; 04-20-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Mathurin seems like a lock for months to us. He's a nice prospect. Love the athleticism, energy, and plays very aggressive dog in him. Good at reading rebounds. Shooting stroke is phenomenal and so electric in the catch and shoot. He can really pull off some devastating cuts to the basket. Good vision in the paint.

The only downside if he doesn't reach the top of his potential. If he doesn't tighten up and develop his handles or develop moves or finesse. He's probably a good 3 and D wing. Which is still a good fit for us. Wish I could listen to some interviews, man.

intelligent and bilingual majoring in an education degree.

https://theathletic.com/3089515/2022...g-word-for-me/

Here is an article detailing his growth and development. A couple of small red flags, but all ended in positive growth in the end. May become a victim of over confidence.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ft-sources-say

And there we have it. Sharpe has declared. The top 6-7 should be mostly clear.
    Last edited by redboy0125; 04-21-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Mathurin seems like a lock for months to us. He's a nice prospect. Love the athleticism, energy, and plays very aggressive dog in him. Good at reading rebounds. Shooting stroke is phenomenal and so electric in the catch and shoot. He can really pull off some devastating cuts to the basket. Good vision in the paint.

The only downside if he doesn't reach the top of his potential. If he doesn't tighten up and develop his handles or develop moves or finesse. He's probably a good 3 and D wing. Which is still a good fit for us. Wish I could listen to some interviews, man.

intelligent and bilingual majoring in an education degree.

https://theathletic.com/3089515/2022...g-word-for-me/

Here is an article detailing his growth and development. A couple of small red flags, but all ended in positive growth in the end. May become a victim of over confidence.
    Murray or Mathurin will be our pick. In the extreme event both are gone, they will have a decision between going safer with Griffin or just rolling the dice with Dieng, who they love. It will be interesting to see if this little run makes them more likely with the higher floor guy who can help sooner or if they go the other way and know that since they are already good, that they can gamble

But just seeing how the draft is most likely to shake out in front of them, I would make Mathurin the overwhelming favorite if Pels don’t jump into top 4

Murray or Mathurin will be our pick. In the extreme event both are gone, they will have a decision between going safer with Griffin or just rolling the dice with Dieng, who they love. It will be interesting to see if this little run makes them more likely with the higher floor guy who can help sooner or if they go the other way and know that since they are already good, that they can gamble

But just seeing how the draft is most likely to shake out in front of them, I would make Mathurin the overwhelming favorite if Pels don’t jump into top 4
    My mocks have Mathurin and Murray both off the board by the time 8 rolls around. Do you go with Sharpe in that scenario or do you roll the dice on a longshot?

I can’t envision a world in which Sharpe is there, but of course you take him. I think he is more likely to go 4 than 7, let alone 8 or 9 where we will pick. Once that kid gets into workouts, people will be debating him vs Ivey for the first guard

I can’t envision a world in which Sharpe is there, but of course you take him. I think he is more likely to go 4 than 7, let alone 8 or 9 where we will pick. Once that kid gets into workouts, people will be debating him vs Ivey for the first guard
    If Orlando falls to 3 or 4 then I see Sharpe as one of those 2 picks. Likewise for Detroit if they fall to 4 or 5 but there is a world where he drops to 8 meaning the stars line up perfectly for the Pelicans.
    Last edited by Century City; 04-21-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Thread Information