.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 324

Thread: Pelicans Centric 2022 Top-10 Prospects

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The question remains as to why the brass is overlooking Daniels
    Still got plenty of time for that to change.

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Daniels jumper is fine. His legs aren't built up yet so it lands short but look at the form - its beautiful.

    And for the millionth time, the Fred Vinson fixes jumpers narrative is just statistically not true. Far more guys shoot better outside of New Orleans than in New Orleans. Look at Kenrich Williams, Jrue Holiday, and countless others. Julius Randle shot way better once he got to NY. But yes, 2 or 3 guys had percentages jump and since they were high profile guys, Vinson got that narrative out there and everyone repeated it. But the objective data shows that if you REALLY wanna become a good shooter, leave New Orleans and go to some other team with a shooting coach who nobody else has heard of (because they dont leak things to the press and then get their back scratched for it)

    Anyway, back to draft.......lottery on Tuesday!
    I think the Vinson praise stems from this recent work with Lonzo and Herb. Sure it helps that Herb has great work ethic but he has credited Vinson with his much improved 3 point percentage from his senior year to his rookie season.

  3. #228
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,500
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    (because they dont leak things to the press and then get their back scratched for it)
    Are you intimating that Vinson leaks Pelicans information to the media?

  4. #229
    I been praying everyday for the Pelicans to fall OUT of love with AJ Griffin. Not sure why or how they are crazy about him, but man hoping to hear from MM that they are moving on from him.

    What will make this suck more is there is no way in hell he participate in the Combine which adds more to the mystery of his health and athletic abilities.

    It's just not worth it. He is this year Harry Giles.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I been praying everyday for the Pelicans to fall OUT of love with AJ Griffin. Not sure why or how they are crazy about him, but man hoping to hear from MM that they are moving on from him.

    What will make this suck more is there is no way in hell he participate in the Combine which adds more to the mystery of his health and athletic abilities.

    It's just not worth it. He is this year Harry Giles.
    I thought everyone was pretty high on Griffin.

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I been praying everyday for the Pelicans to fall OUT of love with AJ Griffin. Not sure why or how they are crazy about him, but man hoping to hear from MM that they are moving on from him.

    What will make this suck more is there is no way in hell he participate in the Combine which adds more to the mystery of his health and athletic abilities.

    It's just not worth it. He is this year Harry Giles.
    He's one prospect i hope the pels don't take. The only thing he has is a nice shot but very bad defensively because he lacks the lateral speed to defend the perimeter.

  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I thought everyone was pretty high on Griffin.
    You thought wrong buddy!

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You thought wrong buddy!
    When I said everyone I meant the teams, as in not just the Pelicans. Not some rando.

  9. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by redboy0125 View Post
    I think the Vinson praise stems from this recent work with Lonzo and Herb. Sure it helps that Herb has great work ethic but he has credited Vinson with his much improved 3 point percentage from his senior year to his rookie season.
    We all know the Vinson success stories. But have you ever seen a coach, a player, a GM, etc where ONLY the things they did well were mentioned or do we usually also discuss the misses, failures, etc as well? Little weird, no?
    @mcnamara247

  10. #235
    Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,327
    My biggest concern with Griffin is the injuries. I'm high on him otherwise. I think the defense is better than people give him credit for.

  11. #236
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I been praying everyday for the Pelicans to fall OUT of love with AJ Griffin. Not sure why or how they are crazy about him, but man hoping to hear from MM that they are moving on from him.

    What will make this suck more is there is no way in hell he participate in the Combine which adds more to the mystery of his health and athletic abilities.

    It's just not worth it. He is this year Harry Giles.
    I didnt know the FO was high on Griffin, but considering he's probably my least favorite prospect in the consensus top 10, yeah I hope they don't like him too much. His injuries, lack of lateral quickness and his weird shooting form are all major red flags for me. I'd take Mathurin, Murray, Davis, Daniels and maybe even Sochan over Griffin, but that's just my opinion based on the limited info I have on him. I've tried to look deeper into him to see if my mind could be changed, but the more I look into Griffin, the more I find that worries me.

  12. #237
    I don't like Griffin at all

  13. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't like Griffin at all
    Yes! Good to see you join the gang

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I didnt know the FO was high on Griffin, but considering he's probably my least favorite prospect in the consensus top 10, yeah I hope they don't like him too much. His injuries, lack of lateral quickness and his weird shooting form are all major red flags for me. I'd take Mathurin, Murray, Davis, Daniels and maybe even Sochan over Griffin, but that's just my opinion based on the limited info I have on him. I've tried to look deeper into him to see if my mind could be changed, but the more I look into Griffin, the more I find that worries me.
    This. I been looking at a ton of advance stats and vids on him and outside of his impressive shooting, I'm just terrified in him. Dude had some tony Snell moments in the tournament too that's very worrisome. He is super young, but man there are so many others that have less concerns.

  15. #240
    I haven’t watched too much of Griffin to form much of an opinion. The mock draft boards all really seem to love him, but that may just be a case of the mock drafts copying and cannibalizing each other. I did come across a Duke Reddit board where they seem to have a lot of the same criticisms about him that some of you have. That he doesn’t move well laterally, has a weird shooting motion, and he doesn’t really seem that athletic.

  16. #241
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,455

  17. #242
    From what I saw on that video his stroke looks ok. The only thing a little strange is how wide apart his feet are when he shoots. It probably helps give you a more stable base on your shot. The problem would be that it would lower your release point a bit, and it probably slows you down a bit if you want to pump fake and drive to the basket. Maybe that is part of the criticism about his slow first step.

  18. #243
    Griffin is still a lotto pick IMO. I like him more than say Cam Reddish coming out. I just would prefer Sochan, Daniels, and even Mathurin in this draft because of their ability to effect the game in more ways. But Griffin is a better prospect than say Trey Murphy, even currently, seeing what we have seen. You throw Trey and Griffin in this draft, knowing all we know about both and I take Griffin. Which should give a good idea of how much I like Daniels and Sochan.

  19. #244
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,455

  20. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griffin is still a lotto pick IMO. I like him more than say Cam Reddish coming out. I just would prefer Sochan, Daniels, and even Mathurin in this draft because of their ability to effect the game in more ways. But Griffin is a better prospect than say Trey Murphy, even currently, seeing what we have seen. You throw Trey and Griffin in this draft, knowing all we know about both and I take Griffin. Which should give a good idea of how much I like Daniels and Sochan.
    If Griffin never regains his athleticism what comparison you have for this version of him? I know he is young but if he never regains his explosiveness I don't believe he is a lotto pick.

  21. #246
    griffin looks just like Saddiq Bey when drafted and we needed shooting then as now. Don't we wish we had not passed on Bey instead of Kira Lewis. reliable shooting wins nba games

  22. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by clark griswald View Post
    griffin looks just like Saddiq Bey when drafted and we needed shooting then as now. Don't we wish we had not passed on Bey instead of Kira Lewis. reliable shooting wins nba games
    If you want shooting Bane would have been great but hindsight is 20/20... i remember a lot of people wanted maxey which would have been great as well. Still can't believe haliburton was just picked 1 slot below, he would have been a perfect fit.

  23. #248
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griffin is still a lotto pick IMO. I like him more than say Cam Reddish coming out. I just would prefer Sochan, Daniels, and even Mathurin in this draft because of their ability to effect the game in more ways. But Griffin is a better prospect than say Trey Murphy, even currently, seeing what we have seen. You throw Trey and Griffin in this draft, knowing all we know about both and I take Griffin. Which should give a good idea of how much I like Daniels and Sochan.
    What about Griffin makes him a better prospect coming out, than Trey was? Everyone knew Trey's shooting was elite and would transfer, can't say that about Griffin. Trey is a better athlete, better size, better defender, doesn't have the injury history, etc.. Griffin has better handles and creation ability than Trey, but that's the only area I see where he's better as a prospect.

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    What about Griffin makes him a better prospect coming out, than Trey was? Everyone knew Trey's shooting was elite and would transfer, can't say that about Griffin. Trey is a better athlete, better size, better defender, doesn't have the injury history, etc.. Griffin has better handles and creation ability than Trey, but that's the only area I see where he's better as a prospect.
    Age, athleticism, handle, pedigree.

    If Trey was everything you listed as a prospect, he wouldnt have been projected late 1st/early 2nd up until the final week or two. I think it is a lot of revisionist history, coupled with the fact that we all really like the guy. He wasn't even considered an NBA prospect at Griffin's current age. Griffin is a way better defender than Murphy at the same age. Trey also had some injury things.

    But its all a crapshoot. I totally get valuing the sure thing and we know Trey will be in an NBA rotation for the next 10 years. I just would have Griffin's upside as higher and I draft in the lottery on upside. Both are around at pick 19, I take Trey.

  25. #250
    Griffin reeks of Aaron Nesmith!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •