Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: February 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 19-32

Yeah, I saw Jokic moving in Herb's direction. I noticed JV was there too. Could have been for both of them. Game recognizes game.

Game does recognize game

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Yeah, I saw Jokic moving in Herb's direction. I noticed JV was there too. Could have been for both of them. Game recognizes game.
    Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Herb has every bit of star potential.

We have our big 3 and Jonas aswell

I don't want to trade Jax now unless for a super good guard
    Herb got Kawhi flashes big time...

I have big men blue balls.

First we get Boogie. And right as him and AD are starting to flash dominance....pop....

Then we get Zion and there is like a week where I know AD is still going to leave, but hey, a man can dream. But AD still goes to daddy.

Then we get Zion and Adams....oh....ok. I can just picture those two splitting minutes and absolutely abusing teams for 48 minutes straight. But it never really gets to click.

Then we get JV...and same thing, I immediately start to think about how there isn't a single team equipped to handle that duo.....yet here we are....without them having played a min together.

And now Jax is showing some greatness at the 4. I mean. Come on. That would be 48 straight minutes of either Zion/JV, Zion/Hayes, and JV/Hayes on the court at all times. No team can guard that. No team can withstand us!

But the frustration of anticipation has me so ripe I can't walk straight no more.

Will they ever get to play together?
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 02-05-2022 at 01:42 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I horribly feel like Jax is gonna be traded

Zion and AD never played together

Who said before the season they would have preferred Jared Butler over Herb Jones? couldnt be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Who said before the season they would have preferred Jared Butler over Herb Jones? couldnt be me.
    They could have had both. Herb at 35 and Butler at 40.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Pels are so much more exciting when Garrett Temple isn’t playing.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I dont think it matters where he plays. He was equally good at the 4 or 5 with Jonas in foul trouble tonight.

But on message boards and for fans in general, patience for young players is scarce.

i mean it matters for the people who dont see the bright side.....he is not a good 5 because he get beat down by bigger centers and he dont rebound well there....billy and hayes can play the same mins at the 5 and billy will out shine him in points and rebounds....billy would have some double doubles and hayes would avg like 5 rebounds...

hayes at the 4 is a all around better player because he dont have to get physical with players on either end...he can free style on defense and give good weakside help...on offense he can have energy to run the floor all day getting his dunks and easy soft touches....he wont have the main responsibility guarding a scoring center and getting in foul trouble....playing him next to jonas or billy just makes the game easy for him and that make it easy for the team.....he just need to shoot the 3 ball to help make jonas life easy when he is playing with him.....

problem is, when zion come back then how many mins will hayes get in order to be productive....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Butler is a Louisiana native, so I wouldn’t mind him over Temple in that role.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    WAT. seems like many people have said we should try him at the 4 for a long time.
    i see i said that last part wrong but no player,,i was the first one leading that charge last season then van gundy gave me my wish by playing jax and billy together....the rest jumped on that train after.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Pels are so much more exciting when Garrett Temple isn’t playing.
    would we have even won this game with temple playing his 17mins?...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    would we have even won this game with temple playing his 17mins?...
    More than likely not. If you look at his box scores, the team is usually negative with him on the court. I check it after every game and low and behold Temple is the player on the roster with the worst +/-. I know that’s not the best stat, but he’s consistently the worst player in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    Zion and AD never played together
    Not what that sentence means. The trade happened after we the lottery balls told us we would be getting Zion. So there was a short period on this board where some people entertained the idea that playing with Zion would entice AD to stay. Nobody really believed it...but most of us still fantasized over the pairing.

What a game and what a win ! Wow! Don’t stop now!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What a game and what a win ! Wow! Don’t stop now!
    Best game of the Zion Williamson "Error"!!

TIC

Just looked at some of the team's advanced stats for the first time in weeks.

Herb Jones is now averaging 9.6/3.8/2.0 pts/rbds/asts per game.

Shooting 54% from 2, 37% from 3 (2 a game) and 84% from the FT line (adding up to 58.4%TS, a little over league average).

2.5%STL, 2.9%BLK - these are very good. +10.3 on/off. +0.5 EPM, 133r in the NBA, 73rd percentile as a rookie.

Compared with other prominent rookies this year:
    Cade: -0.1 (173rd overall, 65th percentile)
    Mobley: +1.7 (77th overall, 84th percentile)

His EPM is just a touch better than Mikal Bridges, Tyrese Haliburton, Cole Anthony, and Carmelo Anthony - it's just behind Tyrese Maxey, CJ McCollum, Kenrich Williams and Jusuf Nurkic.

He's been legitimately very good. All Rookie First Team, no doubt.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just looked at some of the team's advanced stats for the first time in weeks.

Herb Jones is now averaging 9.6/3.8/2.0 pts/rbds/asts per game.

Shooting 54% from 2, 37% from 3 (2 a game) and 84% from the FT line (adding up to 58.4%TS, a little over league average).

2.5%STL, 2.9%BLK - these are very good. +10.3 on/off. +0.5 EPM, 133r in the NBA, 73rd percentile as a rookie.

Compared with other prominent rookies this year:
    Cade: -0.1 (173rd overall, 65th percentile)
    Mobley: +1.7 (77th overall, 84th percentile)

His EPM is just a touch better than Mikal Bridges, Tyrese Haliburton, Cole Anthony, and Carmelo Anthony - it's just behind Tyrese Maxey, CJ McCollum, Kenrich Williams and Jusuf Nurkic.

He's been legitimately very good. All Rookie First Team, no doubt.
    THE GOATED ONE

I see what you’re saying now ����
    Good point

Thread Information