Pelicans Report

Thread: January 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 17-28

January 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 17-28

Time to take on the 17-30 Pacers, who are 2-5 in their last 7, though in fairness several of these losses are against very good teams such as 2 losses to Phoenix.

Let's go.
    Basketball.

I think their entire starting lineup might be out for this game.

We are now in 11th and 2.5 games behind Portland.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    In that case, I expect the Pels to sit out their starters as well. Pels like to counter these things.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    In that case, I expect the Pels to sit out their starters as well. Pels like to counter these things.
    lol....i know right

Pels are so azz with Ingram out. Without him we have no one who knows how to run the offense.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Why is Temple on the court at all?

This officiating crew sucks big time.

Not even sure why people keep leaving their guy for an open 3. If your teammate gets beat and they shoot a 3, good for them. NAW leaving the one man on the Pacers open for two good looks from 3 the last minute.

SMH @Hart

From these comments, seems like game wasn't that great but we pulled it out. Good win w/o BI, now if we can do it against Philly, that would be big for us.

Pels beat the Indiana Currys. Some dude shooting 31% on on 4 attempts meets the friendly confines of Smoothie King Center.

Proceeds to go 7 - 12.

Once again...un forking believable.

That Washington guy had more made 3's (7) than the entire pels team who only made a total of 6 3's... the pacers as a whole had 19 made 3's....

It's that time of the season where, as a fan, you're teased by the slim possibility you'll have 2 lottery picks (Lakers if they suck hard enough) but you also kinda know this team is now likely to make the playoffs.

Not sure how to feel about it.

EDIT - We were 2-14 and now 18-28. And I think our schedule is somewhat easy compared to a lot of teams ahead of us.

I don't want to be a play in team, I want some players from the draft
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I don't want to be a play in team, I want some players from the draft
    Oh... You want a game changing talent that would make us a consistent contender.

Nahhhh... You just got settle for the 13th pick. So no playoffs or prospects worth a damn. Then, do the same thing next year. Welcome to NBA's mediocrity hell... The forever cycle of hope and disappointment.

The last time we was 5th or worse in loses was probably in 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Oh... You want a game changing talent that would make us a consistent contender.

Nahhhh... You just got settle for the 13th pick. So no playoffs or prospects worth a damn. Then, do the same thing next year. Welcome to NBA's mediocrity hell... The forever cycle of hope and disappointment.

The last time we was 5th or worse in loses was probably in 2002?
    My God I don't feel alone anymore lol. Somebody gets it.

My thing is many folks think BI can be a 1 on a championship team, I do not. So do what you have to do to find your 1A at all costs. Sadly it's not looking like Zion will be here for long so he ain't it, so keep looking.

I don’t even act like Zion is on the roster anymore.

Trey Murphy can't even get on the floor and Kira had to be extremely efficient before he finally started getting minutes. Yet people are complaining that the team should start losing to go after more youngins?

Well unfortunately BI can be a #1 on a championship team. Which is why this team is 16-19 when he plays against what's been a tough schedule. Complete opposite of "empty calories." Schedule only gets easier before AS break.

As long as he plays, this team simply won't be able to lose enough to worry about a high draft pick.

I used to want high draft picks myself, but I would rather win. It’s not like the Pels have a history of high draft picks being a game changer for the team. The higher the pick, the more negativity surrounds the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I used to want high draft picks myself, but I would rather win. It’s not like the Pels have a history of high draft picks being a game changer for the team. The higher the pick, the more negativity surrounds the team.
    What are you talking about...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_..._draft_history

Pelicans do have a history of high draft picks being game changers...

Chris Paul. Anthony Davis. Zion Williamson. Even Buddy Heild is a killer shooter. And that is it... When it comes to top 6 selections with two of those being in miracle lottery wins.

So, I don't understand this narrative. It's borderline ignorant.

Right now, I just hope we stay in the top ten. We need more talent. We can blind to it all you want, but when you can't bring in FA. Young guys is your only way to find high level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Trey Murphy can't even get on the floor and Kira had to be extremely efficient before he finally started getting minutes. Yet people are complaining that the team should start losing to go after more youngins?

Well unfortunately BI can be a #1 on a championship team. Which is why this team is 16-19 when he plays against what's been a tough schedule. Complete opposite of "empty calories." Schedule only gets easier before AS break.

As long as he plays, this team simply won't be able to lose enough to worry about a high draft pick.
    Yep. This team won't tank, nor should they. It's really important to start building a winning culture around the organization and having the players grow under Willie Green can only be construed as a good thing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Definitely could use more talent. Unfortunately they are looking like they are setting up for a treadmill pick or losing the pick. Not bad enough to get a difference maker, not good enough to win anything in the playoffs.

Nice win , team effort!

Thread Information