Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 20th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - 16-28

13 - 3 is the only one on the planet who would take Randle for 120 mil

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Barrett was the 3rd selection, Hayes 10th, Kira 13th, and NAW 17th.....that's like bragging that one NFL team did better with their top 10 pick than another team did with two 2nds and a 3rd rounder.
    No it doesn't; you silly goose!! It's saying that, thus far, our drafted first rounders aren't worthy of their selections; they suck. And what's more, just in last year's draft, we acquired a couple of rookies that went long after our lone first rounder. Both have made our that first rounder look like trash (and one of those rookies, 6' 0", Jose' Alvarado, wasn't even drafted).

If you aren't a preferred destination in free agency, your team's front office better hit on their first rounders. Thus far, this group is failing miserably at that task.

It's only an unmitigated truth, don't you know?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Trey doesn’t look like trash. He looks like a rookie. Sometimes it takes time. He deserves that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Trey doesn’t look like trash. He looks like a rookie. Sometimes it takes time. He deserves that much.
    Let's see, E....

Our second rounder has firmly entrenched in the starting lineup and always asked to man up on the best player on the other team. (TRUE)
    Our undrafted 6'0"undrafted free agent, who is on a 'two-way' contract with our minor league affiliate, has forced his way into the team's rotation because of his stellar play. (TRUE)
    Meanwhile, the guy who many in here said was going to be a surefire All Rookie performer after his play in the pre-season can't play his way onto the court to save his life. (TRUE)

In fact, just today one of the team's rookies was 'sent to the minors'. (TRUE)
    It wasn't the guy who is already contractually tied to a 'two-way' contract with Birmingham. (TRUE)
    And it wasn't the second-round pick who many in here thumbed their nose at when he was drafted ahead of Sharife Cooper (yeah, the G.Leaguer, Sharife Cooper). (TRUE)
    No, it was that elite first round sharpshooter who can't hit the broad side of a barn at this point and is dying in the NBA's 'sea of talent'. (TRUE)

Yes, until further notice, his fellow rookies are dwarfing Trey Murphy's performance in the 'Big Leagues' (and it's not close). (TRUE)
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-23-2022 at 12:13 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That’s fine. Not everyone develops at the same level. What we’re getting from Herb and Jose has been a revelation and I’m thankful. It I sure wasn’t expecting Jose. I though Herb would at most replace Naji Marshall. But no one could predict this.

I can’t hold that against Trey. He’d need to put perform Herb to get those minutes. A tall order. Plus the whole idea was for Trey and Zion to play off each other.

Might be why if we can get Fox to come back to wheee he was born and find a utility again for Trey. Or not. I’m still okay with him taking his time.

That’s fine. Not everyone develops at the same level. What we’re getting from Herb and Jose has been a revelation and I’m thankful. It I sure wasn’t expecting Jose. I though Herb would at most replace Naji Marshall. But no one could predict this.

I can’t hold that against Trey. He’d need to put perform Herb to get those minutes. A tall order. Plus the whole idea was for Trey and Zion to play off each other.

Might be why if we can get Fox to come back to wheee he was born and find a utility again for Trey. Or not. I’m still okay with him taking his time.
    (TRUE)

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    That?s fine. Not everyone develops at the same level. What we?re getting from Herb and Jose has been a revelation and I?m thankful. It I sure wasn?t expecting Jose. I though Herb would at most replace Naji Marshall. But no one could predict this.

I can?t hold that against Trey. He?d need to put perform Herb to get those minutes. A tall order. Plus the whole idea was for Trey and Zion to play off each other.

Might be why if we can get Fox to come back to wheee he was born and find a utility again for Trey. Or not. I?m still okay with him taking his time.
    I still feel like guys like Naji and Trey will play large roles in the future. I’m expecting a trade that opens up playing time for one or both of them. More than likely, someone like NAW is gone if this team wants to improve.

Thread Information