Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 15-26

Pelicans January 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 15-26

After a narrow victory allowed by a late span of hot shooting, the Pels are playing again - this time against the 21-21 LA Clippers. The Clippers are a top 5 defense, but a bottom 4 offense: one of the few teams worse than us in ORTG at this point in the season. They've also lost 3 of their last 5, including losses to Memphis and Minnesota, and one of those 2 wins came by only 1 basket against the 20-19 Nuggets.

Is this a game that I think we could potentially win? Yes, I think so. Will we? I can never assume that.

Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

Agree that we benefitted from some extremely hot shooting down the stretch of the T-Wolves game to pull it out, but then again, so did they. If anything their shots were even more improbable, except for BI's game winner, which was Van Fleet-esque...

With our limitations I don't anticipate many easy wins, but we also have been competitive with everyone we've played in the last month or so. I give our odds of winning at about even, with (hopefully) a home-court advantage pushing us over the top.

At least the team is fun to watch now. The effort is there and we have enough talent to win on any given night. It would be nice if we could magically add a 26 ppg point forward to the lineup at some point this season. It would also be nice to make the play in without that same player.

Looks like they'll be down Kennard and Winslow for Covid protocols, and were already without Kawhi and Paul George.

Heads up that the fine folks at Bally's Sports New Orleans are not currently showing the game in their programming guide for tonight. I assume that's just an oversight that will be corrected, but with that outfit, I'm never too sure...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Heads up that the fine folks at Bally's Sports New Orleans are not currently showing the game in their programming guide for tonight. I assume that's just an oversight that will be corrected, but with that outfit, I'm never too sure...
    Every once in a while they do that. But the game still comes on.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    They are playing so well together. It just took them time to learn what the coach wants to do. They are either one or two spots from the 10th spot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    When did the Pels get Latino Steve Blake? And why is he so fun to watch?

Jose is just so fun to watch and makes so many winning plays with his hustle despite his size...just glad we won't be seeing sato play anymore

Why can't NAW play like he did last game...

6 turnovers

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Why can't NAW play like he did last game...
    Because he has NAW IQ

Eric Bledsoe was our starting pg last year. Just take that in for a minute.

Really good follow up win. Another solid all-star caliber game for Brandon "empty calories" Ingram.

I know Tomas Satoransky is cleared. Any particular reason we haven't seen him in-game yet? (not saying I wanna see him)
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

For some reason we own the Clippers

Great game ! This Team is playing with heart and I Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Didn't catch this heads up in time and they never updated the guide so my DVR didn't catch it and I didn't get home until halftime.

Does anybody care about this team anymore? Holy moly 1 page game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Floyd View Post
    Zion's injury has killed fan interest this year. His absence led directly to the Pels' woeful start to the season. The coaching staff and players that are actually on the floor have done a wonderful job righting the ship and getting us into the play-in game conversation. Before the season, this team was heavily marketed with Zion as the centerpiece; when you lose that star power for so many games, fan interest wanes. It's a shame because this team has been a much more enjoyable one to watch than any Pels team since the 2018 playoff squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Zion's injury has killed fan interest this year. His absence led directly to the Pels' woeful start to the season. The coaching staff and players that are actually on the floor have done a wonderful job righting the ship and getting us into the play-in game conversation. Before the season, this team was heavily marketed with Zion as the centerpiece; when you lose that star power for so many games, fan interest wanes. It's a shame because this team has been a much more enjoyable one to watch than any Pels team since the 2018 playoff squad.
    I think it's the FO stringing us a long with these superfluous Zion updates and mentally burnt out fans. On top of the rough rough start. People don't like being fed a line of bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Floyd View Post
    I watch the games, for sure, but I've never been one to real-time post in the game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    All of this plus the fact that many people that post a lot in game threads tend to be the people that like to complain a lot and only really post when we lose. Just look back at game threads in losses versus wins. Losses get several pages while wins get 1 or 2 at best.

It's funny to me that some of the "biggest" fans on here only seem to be engaged when the team isn't doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I watch the games, for sure, but I've never been one to real-time post in the game thread
    I'm the same. I like to watch the games on delay so I can skip commercials and halftime. Then I like to read the game threads after.

I try to time it where I get caught up to real time about mid 4th quarter. If the game starts at 7 I start watching about 830 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    I know Tomas Satoransky is cleared. Any particular reason we haven't seen him in-game yet? (not saying I wanna see him)
    The reason is AL VA RA DO !!

Thread Information