Pelicans Report

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 16-26

Pelicans January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 16-26

As of right now, we are the 12th seed in the West, tied in the win column with Portland for the 11th seed and only 0.5 games behind Sacramento for 10th seed. As you know, 10th seed qualifies you for the play-in tournament, so despite being 10 games under .500 and having started the year abominably (we've actually been an above .500 team for a little while now) we're somehow still very much in contention for a playoff spot. Wild.

Anyway, tonight we play Brooklyn who are 26-15. Yet, they're only 3-3 over their last 6 and only 3-5 over their last 8, including losses to Portland and the Clippers, so this isn't an impossible game. That said, it is on the road and we can never just expect a victory. It'll be interesting to see how the team shows up.

Let's find out.
    Basketball.

I'm interested as well. This is a big test for the team. Alot of people will be tuning in tonight. To be this close to even talk about being in the play-in tournament is pretty terriffic. I'm proud of this team.

On nba radio Justin Termine (or whatever his name is) loves to wise crack on the Pelicans team, fan base, and franchise. Besides the hyperbole ("the pelicans are clearly tanking this year") you can't really say nothing in return. Because he's otherwise right.

But even he took a moment to recognize the team is 13 - 10 over the last 2 months. Which out of his mouth was shocking. So even national dummies are starting to recognize the trend.

That said here comes this schedule again. Durant and true australian Patty Mills should be back tonight. Of course.

So... Some game

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    We should trade a future first rounder for a short-term guy that won't be here in two years even though it also means giving up our first rounder this year in the hopes that maybe it puts us over the top to be an 8 seed which will then also mean we suddenly somehow have a sustained winning culture and all the FA's will also want to come to NOLA.

At what point do they say, 'that guy Naji Marshall gave us some really valuable minutes last year...maybe we should try him again.' He can't be worse than #41 and doesn't deserve the permanent dog house. Guys can play themselves out of a slump. Look at Jaxson.

It's getting painful to watch Bledsoe v2 game after game. If they could sit a well playing Billy for Jaxson, why is Garret untouchable?

Develop your young players.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    We should trade a future first rounder for a short-term guy that won't be here in two years even though it also means giving up our first rounder this year in the hopes that maybe it puts us over the top to be an 8 seed which will then also mean we suddenly somehow have a sustained winning culture and all the FA's will also want to come to NOLA.
    Well... It doesn't look like we are losing our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    At what point do they say, 'that guy Naji Marshall gave us some really valuable minutes last year...maybe we should try him again.' He can't be worse than #41 and doesn't deserve the permanent dog house. Guys can play themselves out of a slump. Look at Jaxson.

It's getting painful to watch Bledsoe v2 game after game. If they could sit a well playing Billy for Jaxson, why is Garret untouchable?

Develop your young players.
    I agree. I would like to see Naji get some run as well as Trey Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree. I would like to see Naji get some run as well as Trey Murphy.
    Willie not gonna tank. If they want playing time... much like SVG. He got to earn it. I know it sucks to see Temple waste a whole starting spot with a ton of minutes. Just like the miserable experience with Bledsoe. NAW wasn't better than Bled. It really comes down to them not being good or consistent enough. If you have an issue who starting or getting minutes. Go complain about the terrible roster construction with Griff and Trajon. Coach going to try to win games.

With that said... Willie for life.

Pelicans should of traded up for Cam Thomas, man.

He's everything you wanted NAW to be... I hate this terrible franchise and apologist that defend every terrible decision they make till they can't save face anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pelicans should of traded up for Cam Thomas, man.

He's everything you wanted NAW to be... I hate this terrible franchise and apologist that defend every terrible decision they make till they can't save face anymore.
    Or should have just drafted Garland at 4 and have ourselves a possible 3 allstars on the team

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Or should have just drafted Garland at 4 and have ourselves a possible 3 allstars on the team
    That move will haunt this team. We could have Zion, BI, and Garland to build around for the future. Instead, Griffin royally screwed it up. He is exactly what this team is in desperate need of. He is only almost 22 years old and averages 20 points, 8 assists a game, shoots 37% on 7 3s a game, and adds a steal and a half per game. What a huge mistake.

That move will haunt this team. We could have Zion, BI, and Garland to build around for the future. Instead, Griffin royally screwed it up. He is exactly what this team is in desperate need of. He is only almost 22 years old and averages 20 points, 8 assists a game, shoots 37% on 7 3s a game, and adds a steal and a half per game. What a huge mistake.
    PAIN.

BEST DRAFT PICKS ARE THE HIGHEST DRAFT PICK.

Trading down has consistently hurt us.

I think NAW would have developed better under a stable franchise, but yeah. Garland would have been incredible for this team and I can?t help thinking we passed on him because of Lonzo (which was a huge mistake).

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think NAW would have developed better under a stable franchise, but yeah. Garland would have been incredible for this team and I can?t help thinking we passed on him because of Lonzo (which was a huge mistake).
    Him and lonzo would have been good together as well since they compliment each other

Thread Information