Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chuck & Shaq Hit Zion Again!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Doesn't matter. No one has the luxury of seeing the future. The pick was clear at the time. Still too early to draw a definitive conclusion.
    No, it’s embarrassing people out there saying they would still take Zion over Ja (3 years in). It’s not even close at this point.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

As soon as Zion gets his big arse on the court, it'll take maybe 3 games to remind everyone why he clearly is the #1 player from that draft.

But people have extremely short memories.

Joel Embiid played 12 games in his first 3 years.

Speaking of the Grizz, it's amazing that they are close to getting the 3rd seed in the west.... looking at there players it doesn't wow you...the development of Bane has been huge to them.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No, it’s embarrassing people out there saying they would still take Zion over Ja (3 years in). It’s not even close at this point.
    Easy comment to make when one player is out injured. Good thing careers are not made in 3 seasons and a player is not finished at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Yeah, remember that time when we almost traded Chris Paul for that injury prone dude with bad ankles that plays for the warriors and that other guy that just came back from back to back injuries? Too bad that guy was so injury prone. It would have been a decent trade in hindsight...
    I also remember when Chris Paul's meniscus injury/surgery was going to shorten his career.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I also remember when Chris Paul's meniscus injury/surgery was going to shorten his career.
    So we comparing Zion to Chris Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Speaking of the Grizz, it's amazing that they are close to getting the 3rd seed in the west.... looking at there players it doesn't wow you...the development of Bane has been huge to them.
    It kinda does. And they've won no matter who's available. Now they've lost Brooks 3 - 5 weeks. Doesn't seem to matter on a roster void of BI/Zion/Jonas level talent (minus Ja). It's not just Bane. Also Melton, Brooks, and Tyus Jones.

Then again Taylor Jenkins has coached that team for 3 years. Hasn't been musical chairs at head coach over there.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So we comparing Zion to Chris Paul?
    We could, but the larger point is that nobody knows what will happen to Zion's career. Sure, he could eat himself out of the league and/or have chronic foot/leg issues. It seems more likely to me that he'll be fueled by criticism, comparisons to Ja, etc. and get in better shape. It's all a guess at this point.

If the mvp vote was today you know who might win

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If the mvp vote was today you know who might win

Meanwhile, our guy is boarding at a "Fat Farm". SMH

The Grizzlies did amazing when Ja was out. That's not all Ja.

I'd still take Zion over Ja.

I get that instant gratification is a thing....but come on....we're all old enough to understand Zion still has way more potential to be a better player than Morant and it's not even close. It just hurts a little harsher because Ja plays a position that is a glaring hole for us. Ja has that Westbrook feel to him where he will always impress and get stats but never win much.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-12-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The Grizzlies did amazing when Ja was out. That's not all Ja.

I'd still take Zion over Ja.

I get that instant gratification is a thing....but come on....we're all old enough to understand Zion still has way more potential to be a better player than Morant and it's not even close. It just hurts a little harsher because Ja plays a position that is a glaring hole for us. Ja has that Westbrook feel to him where he will always impress and get stats but never win much.
    https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insig...arty-ja-morant

https://www.sportscasting.com/ja-mor...-conversation/

Look like two very reputable sites. Keep searching for content. I love Ja, but he will not win MVP.

People called Lonzo a bust when he was 23....we see how that's going.

People didn't want us to trade for Brandon Ingram because they said his career was over at 22. Yeah.

People hated Jrue the first few seasons he was here. OK.

I could go on and on with the bad takes people make about young players......but....by all means, keep up with the cconsistency and define Zion's career while he's 21.

I could go on and on with the bad takes people make about young players......but....by all means, keep up with the cconsistency and define Zion's career while he's 21.
    UMM. people aren't defining the guy we stashed in Portland by his age...they are speculating on his true worth based on his health (or lack thereof). Everybody agrees that he has a singular talent on the court which is 'off the charts'. Problem is, his ability to get on the court is highly speculative at best.

People called Lonzo a bust when he was 23....we see how that's going.

People didn't want us to trade for Brandon Ingram because they said his career was over at 22. Yeah.

People hated Jrue the first few seasons he was here. OK.

I was saying pay Lonzo and got called a troll

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    UMM. people aren't defining the guy we stashed in Portland by his age...they are speculating on his true worth based on his health (or lack thereof). Everybody agrees that he has a singular talent on the court which is 'off the charts'. Problem is, his ability to get on the court is highly speculative at best.
    Curry was considered a health risk 3-4 years into his career. Embiid as well. Maybe we should let it play out a bit before making a definitive judgment at 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Curry was considered a health risk 3-4 years into his career. Embiid as well. Maybe we should let it play out a bit before making a definitive judgment at 21 years old.
    He has been injured in each of his last five years dating back to Spartanburg Day High School. That's not a 'one-off'; that's a trend. You may like it, but, it's only a fact.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-13-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He has been injured in each of his last five years dating back to Spartanburg Day High School. That's not a 'one-off'; that's a trend. You may like it, but, it's only a fact.
    That's neat but I don't think his broken finger last year fits into the "trend". If you want to say there's concern based on his weight/torque/etc. putting stress on his lower body, I think that's a good point and agree that we should all have some level of concern there. Saying he's been injured every year is disingenuous though, unless you also feel like his fingers are uniquely prone to breaking in the future.

Thread Information