Pelicans Report

Thread: NAW Enters COVID League Protocol

NAW Enters COVID League Protocol

NAW has tested positive for the Wuhan Virus and is out for tonight's game against Orlando.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    NAW has tested positive for the Wuhan Virus and is out for tonight's game against Orlando.
    Your attempt at humor isn't funny. It would be nice if you edited your post.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    No it's true. He has the virus.

Damn. Was hoping he could string together good games

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No it's true. He has the virus.
    I know that. I'm pointing to the racist trope

I know that. I'm pointing to the racist trope
    Racist Trope? You are out of your mind or too woke for your own good.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Racist Trope? You are out of your mind or too woke for your own good.
    Any other lame right wing cliches you wanna bust out? You're on a roll

Why should I bother, bruh? Snowflakes always melt away in time, anyway.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

I agree; it is.

Why are you being a grouch? It’s The holiday season! You need to show the spirit of happiness!

I see what you're saying but saying "Wuhan virus" is better than saying "China Virus" IMO. I always found "China Virus" as a racist jab but saying "Wuhan" turns it from racist to pointing the finger directly at the incompetence that we saw from individual human beings in the Wuhan lab, regardless of ethnic background.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I see what you're saying but saying "Wuhan virus" is better than saying "China Virus" IMO. I always found "China Virus" as a racist jab but saying "Wuhan" turns it from racist to pointing the finger directly at the incompetence that we saw from individual human beings in the Wuhan lab, regardless of ethnic background.
    But some studies found COVID's presence in Spain/Italy earlier than China. And both Spain and Italy were hit particularly hard by it.

So I'd just stay away from calling it by a region.

Catch the flu and it is all good to play. You don’t here about the flu anymore . Did the flu retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    This

I've only seen people use Wuhan virus after being called out for calling it the China virus. Changing up its name to refer to something else is either virtue signaling to people of the same opinion or trying to start up a separate conversation. Let's just call it Covid like the league does and focus on basketball rather than start a political flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    But some studies found COVID's presence in Spain/Italy earlier than China. And both Spain and Italy were hit particularly hard by it.

So I'd just stay away from calling it by a region.
    Yes, that works best. I'm glad to see that this board has progressed a bit.

Back in the day when it was under a different name and the team was still the Hornets, this site was centered around a poster who thought Muslims were a race of people.

Paul Mott was a bad guy not because he wanted to keep the Hornets in OKC but because he slept with "the help", a term he considered for all Latinos.

In his world, Uncle Toms were the ones who should've been role models for African Americans while Asian women should go back to "eating dogs and servicing American military men". FWIW, Iranians spoke "Iranian", not farsi. And this board hung on this guy's every word and begged him for any info he had on the state of the team even though it was plain as day that he hated the NBA and it's players.

And don't get it twisted. Had it not been for Drew Brees, this guy would not be a "born again New Orleanian". Supposedly, the NBA's horrible treatment of the city was his reasoning for being a born again New Orleanian even though David Stern went out of his way to keep the team home by having the league buy the franchise, clean it up then make sure to sell it to local ownership.

Thanks to everyone for making this a better place to talk NOLA hoops.

Thread Information