Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 13-23

Pelicans January 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 13-23

Baskitball.
    Basketball.

Can we win this game. Hate Utah...

Just call them Utah! They our rightfully name!! Herb will reclaim our honor tonight!!!
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Jonas will start.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...lineup-vs-jazz

Ingram is a gametime decision.

I really hope they take is safe with BI. I remember Cousins having achilles soreness for a while before he blew his achilles. There is no reason to rush BI. He is a big part of the future.

I'd bet BI does not play tonight but will play tomorrow. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I really hope they take is safe with BI. I remember Cousins having achilles soreness for a while before he blew his achilles. There is no reason to rush BI. He is a big part of the future.
    If it pops in April. I'm going to be pissed.

Glad to see Alvardo get the call over Sato. Would like to see Harper tho. Could do that instead of NAW. NAW hasn't earned the mins he's getting.

Basketball Guru
    this is one of those games where green has to play jax at the 4 to match utah size...

Herb is such a smart basketball player.

Basketball Guru
    good game so far..the jazz 3s are the difference...

Herb Jones is the poor man Kawhi Leonard that I never thought I needed...

Not picking Garland has been haunting us for 3 years and more to come...

Basketball Guru
    i didnt know how good it would be not seeing sato in the game lol....i guess ill be banging my head against my hand at the end of the week smh....

All-Star
    this games over

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    this games over
    yeah,,we cant stop mitchell.....

Yeah, like I said, these next games are tough. BI struggled tonight which is understandable coming off an injury but injuries are hurting our consistency. We gel, play well, then someone gets hurt and then it feels we have to start all over again. Green still struggles w/ the roster b/c of it.

The Jazz just not a good matchup. Neither are the Bucks with Giannis.

Phoenix not as strong inside and their shooting is more streaky so maybe there's a chance.

You can't tell me other teams don't have control of their schedule. This franchise either doesn't have someone make demands or they dropped the ball.

You finally get a homestand and it's this after a putrid schedule in 2021?? No team can get any kind of momentum playing the very best teams 4 games straight.

It's wild how Derrick Henry got a Jones fracture on Halloween and looking to be back for the NFL playoffs in two weeks.

Can also look at it this way.

It took no Zion, Ingram's worst shooting game of the year, and 8 missed Fts to lose to a legit title contender by 11.

On the positive side I think Jaxson has taken back his backup center role to himself. Now to try and get Trey going because they need his skills.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Can also look at it this way.
    On the positive side I think Jaxson has taken back his backup center role to himself. Now to try and get Trey going because they need his skills.
    Why does this happen every year? lol Jaxson loses his spot to Billy. He gets a spot chance for minutes and does decently well, makes some exciting plays. Find a role that works for him next to our current starting center, then gets his rightful rotation spot back.

Mitchell pretty much owned Herb in the 4th

Shows how good DM is

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Herb needs that. Being done in by Mitchell and Lavine will make him unstoppable later on. We need to get Herb in a playoff series against someone like Mitchell. Even if it’s just four games. I’m sure the final game would be a nightmare for the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why does this happen every year? lol Jaxson loses his spot to Billy. He gets a spot chance for minutes and does decently well, makes some exciting plays. Find a role that works for him next to our current starting center, then gets his rightful rotation spot back.
    I really don't understand why he needed that this season. I really believed he'd come right in this season building on where he left off last season, with some minor regression. What we saw was someone who just flat out looked like he'd never played basketball before at the beginning of the season.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I was at the game, and I like what I'm seeing from the team. Our team discipline has vastly improved in terms of ball movement, defense, and limiting turnovers. I can handle a loss like last night when considering those improvements. Willie is coaching well and the team has bought into what he is selling.

Thread Information