Pelicans Report

Thread: January 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 13-22

Pelicans January 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 13-22

In the first game we have for 2022, the Pelicans head into a matchup with the 24 win Milwaukee Bucks. We are 5-1 over our last 6 games, despite missing a lot of key players, but we've also had a fairly soft schedule during that time and many of these wins have been scraping by. That doesn't change the win column, of course, a win is a win, but when you compare it to the Bucks - who are 11-5 since December 1st, including blowout wins over Miami and Cleveland - it does mean we probably shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves.

That said, any game can be won on the night, or lost on the night. Let's see how the Pelicans start 2022.

Happy New Year.
    Basketball.

If you would have told me at the end of November that by January 1st we would be 1.5 games out of the play in without Zion I would have laughed. This team has grit and I think we have a very good up and coming coach. Not to mention, "not on Herb."

Absolutely.

Even taking Zion out of the equation. We have a young star in BI who is steadily progressing and seems to want to be here. We have JV who is a borderline all-star level player who seems to want to he here.....we have Herb. Man, Herb. He really could turn into a star the way he's progressing. Josh Hart has turned into the type of 6th man/role player that a championship team has. That's a very strong core. Murphey still has a ton of potential and there is a slight chance NAW, Hayes, or Kira will kick off.

We have Willie Green who seems to be a promising coach. The team actually improves game to game. Holes get plugged. Weaknesses get worked on. The team seems to like eachother.

The Lakers picks are looking better and better every day. So our future looks bright with the assets we have...

I'm still very optimistic about Zion. Our future is looking pretty good but when you throw Zion on top of that, we're looking great.

All that being said, I'm not expecting much these next four games. I'll be happy if we steal one. Brace yourselves.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-01-2022 at 12:52 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If you would have told me at the end of November that by January 1st we would be 1.5 games out of the play in without Zion I would have laughed. This team has grit and I think we have a very good up and coming coach. Not to mention, "not on Herb."
    David Griffin for executive of the year?

Last edited by 13 - 3; 01-01-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    David Griffin for executive of the year?

So, imagine a world where the team continues to improve. Zion comes back with 30 games left or so. Then we win a playoff series after the play in.

Would that make you happy?

What would your answer be right this moment?

Sit everyone? We've kind of already been doing that and still winning games. So we can't tank properly.

What would a successful season look like to you at this point? I'm serious.

So, imagine a world where the team continues to improve. Zion comes back with 30 games left or so. Then we win a playoff series after the play in.

Would that make you happy?

What would your answer be right this moment?

Sit everyone? We've kind of already been doing that and still winning games. So we can't tank properly.

What would a successful season look like to you at this point? I'm serious.

Zion is not coming bank this season. Give him the year off to heal the ankle/foot and deal with losing weight. Griff. Following what Loomis has done to Michael Thomas.

If you think Loomis/Griff has any input into player therapy/rehab I have an ocean front lot in Kansas you might also like.

Can you also provide the winning poweball numbers for me with your crystal ball?

Love that Pels have shown signs of life and genuinely enjoy watching them play, but this opening stretch of 2022 is brutal. If they win one of the next four I’ll be impressed…

No Middleton for Milwaukee. But this is still what folks in the betting community would call a "bad spot" for the Pels even with JV.

Would be interesting if they can manage to keep this one close.

If you think Loomis/Griff has any input into player therapy/rehab I have an ocean front lot in Kansas you might also like.

Can you also provide the winning poweball numbers for me with your crystal ball?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Honestly, I think David Griffens Presser deserves an award. It's pretty funny.

Let me try...

Find fun in the little things, there is only 1 championship per year after all. Our goal is always to win that 1 championship but find reassurance in that there will be another next year.

Basketball Guru
    I like what I see from Clark...he was defending Greek freak better than anyone on our team so far...he had a steal from Greek freak...he bodied him up and held his own.....after those possession the bucks started picking Clark so billy could pick up Greek freak and he had it easy getting to the basket....

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Love that Pels have shown signs of life and genuinely enjoy watching them play, but this opening stretch of 2022 is brutal. If they win one of the next four I’ll be impressed…
    THIS 100%

NAW really has no business taking 12 3s... Even if he's on fire and making them. One dimensional non-elite game has no sustainability.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    NAW really has no business taking 12 3s... Even if he's on fire and making them. One dimensional non-elite game has no sustainability.
    I’m hoping he’s included in a trade for Fox if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I’m hoping he’s included in a trade for Fox if there is one.
    Fox is such a bad fit for us, right now with his 3pt shooting . We are better off overpaying Patty Mills. Passing on Garland was clearly a huge franchise mistake, because our fit at PG is very limited.

Thread Information