Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 12-22

Pelicans December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 12-22

Oof.

Cavs are 20-13, have won 7 of their last 8, and are currently the league's second best defense. This'll be a tricky one.
    Basketball.

I must say, I didn't see the Cav turnaround coming. Darius Garland is one of the most underrated players in the league and somehow, someway, the huge front line if working. I still say that at some point, they need to trade Markannen or move him to the bench and put Okoro back at his natural 3 spot. Whether that means bringing back Sexton to play the 2 or bring in someone else, I don't know. But the huge front line will eventually come down to earth. Or so I think. I was wrong about them once so I can be wrong again.

Can we get another team announcer? Antonio Daniels is nails on a chalk board.

All-Star
    AMAZING FREAKING WIN!!! HERB STRAIGHT JACKET JONES ��������

All-Star
    I would love to see a fully healthy Pels squad

Best win I've seen from the Pelicans in a long time. I really like Harper. Jaxson should have gotten minutes earlier in the game. Bad matchup for Billy.

Nice to have a major Temple sighting.

It might be safe to say we may have hustle bunch 2.0. These games are somehow so fun to watch despite missing half the team

Willie has these guys giving a damn and that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

Oh yeah...Herb man. I'm getting his jersey. Sold.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Besides BI, who is more important to the team than Herb? Herbs IQ is off the charts.

Basketball Guru
    dont give a damn what the record is or will be..i just love this team.....a bunch of yall can speak for ya self when yall are saying this team is a disgrace and other crazy talk yall be saying.....

dont want to see sato anymore this season. just give harper his mins.....harper and clark have defensive skills with some offense...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Besides BI, who is more important to the team than Herb? Herbs IQ is off the charts.
    Crazy that Herb is only three months into his NBA career. Crazier that he fell to the second round. It's amazing how much basketball you can still learn in college.

I hope Herb becomes Ingram 2.0 or the next Ginobili. What a 2nd round gem

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    This might be one of the worst takes I've seen on this forum

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    "The Worm" with a higher upside offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Seems more rookie Kawhi Leonard Lite to me

SVG would have loved Herb

Plus 100. Daniels repeats the same tired phrases over and over, usually preceded by "as I always say" or "again". A color announcer is supposed to bring fresh insights to the audience, but Antonio seems to have used up his stock after 10 or 20 games. His vocal style is constant yelling, and the high pitch of his voice grates on me. I wish David Wesley would come back in that slot. I could then leave the audio on the entire game instead of taking stress relief breaks that are required now....

Just watch the highlights. Proud of the team. Great win w/o BI or Josh Hart (gosh if only they can stay healthy).
    Herb is amazing. JV and Graham keep contributing in big, impressive ways.
    Temple has been good last two games. Keep it up. I agree w/ those who said Jared Harper should replace Sato. Looked good in limited mins.

Next 10 games are tough but they're willing these games, they can do it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Impressive win

I wish there was a downvote on this forum. I could really use one here

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Seems more rookie Kawhi Leonard Lite to me
    this 1000 times !! I said early in the season he was the only reason I was still watching these games but now I can't believe how great he has been playing on both ends of the floor.

I was also happy to see Jax contribute and I like the coach tried him at the 4

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Plus 100. Daniels repeats the same tired phrases over and over, usually preceded by "as I always say" or "again". A color announcer is supposed to bring fresh insights to the audience, but Antonio seems to have used up his stock after 10 or 20 games. His vocal style is constant yelling, and the high pitch of his voice grates on me. I wish David Wesley would come back in that slot. I could then leave the audio on the entire game instead of taking stress relief breaks that are required now....
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course but man AD brings so much energy and he and Joel are the best in the league. When I watch other games sometimes I cannot believe how bad and boring some these announcers are

Thread Information