Pelicans Report

Thread: December 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 12-21

Pelicans December 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 12-21

Having won 5 of their last 6, the New Orleans Pelicans take on the 11-20 Thunder in the hopes of extending the win streak to 5 games. At 4 wins, it's already the Pelicans longest winning streak of the season, and the Thunder are the perfect target to allow that to be pushed even farther. However, the Pelicans are the Pelicans and you can never count a win before it's happened. Anything can happen in the NBA.

Let's find out how it goes.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Having won 5 of their last 6, the New Orleans Pelicans take on the 11-20 Thunder in the hopes of extending the win streak to 5 games. At 4 wins, it's already the Pelicans longest winning streak of the season, and the Thunder are the perfect target to allow that to be pushed even farther. However, the Pelicans are the Pelicans and you can never count a win before it's happened. Anything can happen in the NBA.

Let's find out how it goes.
    I also think it's the longest Win Streak of the "Zion Williamson Era" in New Orleans if I'm not mistaken.

I think we can all agree that Joel Meyers being out tonight is the biggest Pelicans personnel loss of the season

No NAW or Jonas again. Had to travel on Xmas day.

I'll be extremely shocked if they pull this one out.

Well, I'm out, BI won't be back. My goodness.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Outside the 1Q the game has been pretty good afterward.

Hart has to play like a mad-man for us to win this game going into the 4th. Too much talent missing
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

I said I was leaving but as a Pels fans, I just can't quit them. Lol.
    Can't say these guys don't have fight in them b/c they do.

Also makes you wonder why Temple and Hayes can't play like this all the time.

OKC is one of the worst teams and playing replacement players. First-round picks and 14-year vets should look half-competent in this game. It's the other 25 teams that give them trouble when full strength.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Herb is so fun to watch.

Damn... dude is just trying so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    What happen with b.i. i missed it. Did he step on a foot?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Man this team just can’t make 5 straight wins. This is the third straight season, I believe, they have won four in a row and lost the fifth. I also remember after the four game streak, they lost like the next 5. It’s an endless time loop.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    What happen with b.i. i missed it. Did he step on a foot?
    Achilles coming down on a rebound. Non contact. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out a week or more.

With the schedule coming up, a 5+ game losing streak is a real possibility unless some of these missing people come back.

Good fight tonight though. I liked what I saw out of Harper. Also, I'm selling high on Billy and would include him in a trade.

All I wanted for Christmas was that BI would stay healthy the rest of the year. Oh well, guess my new LSU ice chest will have to suffice. ☹️

Thread Information