Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What?s Happening to the Lakers and AD is my Christmas present

Lakers are better without Davis on the court. Makes you wonder
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=zeWsyLTxXTw

I usually try to stay classy with injuries but since this is Anthony That's All Folks Davis....

Mardi Gras done come early, bad!

Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    So is it confirmed that we only get their pick this year if it's 1-10? (Otherwise the Grizz get it?)

Also our #1 pick is 5-14 protected, right?

Neither is noted on Tank-a-thon.. if both are true, seems a legit shot we could wind up with both firsts this year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    So is it confirmed that we only get their pick this year if it's 1-10? (Otherwise the Grizz get it?)

Also our #1 pick is 5-14 protected, right?

Neither is noted on Tank-a-thon.. if both are true, seems a legit shot we could wind up with both firsts this year.

We lose the Laker's pick if it's not top 10.

We lose our own pick if it's not top 4.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Ok - Andrew Lopez reported that it was "No. 5 to 14 protected for 2022" - but that means it's protected for Portland, not us?

If so - we get our pick this year if it's top 4 or later than 14? And they would get our #1 next year?

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Ok - Andrew Lopez reported that it was "No. 5 to 14 protected for 2022" - but that means it's protected for Portland, not us?

If so - we get our pick this year if it's top 4 or later than 14? And they would get our #1 next year?
    Top 4 we keep it. 5 to 14 goes to Portland, 15 or later goes to Charlotte for the Graham trade. Or I might have the teams backwards. Either way if it isnt top 4 we don't keep it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I usually try to stay classy with injuries but since this is Anthony That's All Folks Davis....

Mardi Gras done come early, bad!

to live and let die lol....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Could have been better, could have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Top 4 we keep it. 5 to 14 goes to Portland, 15 or later goes to Charlotte for the Graham trade. Or I might have the teams backwards. Either way if it isnt top 4 we don't keep it.
    This is correct. Pelicans made sure to make it top 4 protected just in case they get lucky in the lottery since the lottery now decides the top 4 instead of just top 3.

It's looking good for Portland. Odds are always against a bottom of the lottery team getting into the top 4 and at the same time, the Pelicans are on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

So. In not overreacting to Zion news/lack of news, Goran Dragic appears to be signing with the Nets. Which is amazing to me because I thought for sure he'd go to LAL.

Yay.

Thread Information