Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What?s Happening to the Lakers and AD is my Christmas present

What?s Happening to the Lakers and AD is my Christmas present

I just love the destruction thats happening over there and the blame AD is starting to get. People thought I was crazy when I said we would get a decent draft pick from them this year and its looking good. Im already hearing rumors about them wanting to trade AD because of Westbrooks contract situation. Im loving it

Darren Collison. Remember him?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ls-sources-say

He going to save the Lakers?

Yep. Same draft as Marcus Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yep. Same draft as Marcus Thornton
    We could use another LSU player right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Darren Collison. Remember him?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ls-sources-say

He going to save the Lakers?
    The Blur-de-bee?

Who dressed Anthony Davis tonight? That outfit looked horrible.

Another Loss for them. I am loving it.

I believe that Lakers pick is only top 10 protected. So a long way to go before it stays with the Pelicans.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I believe that Lakers pick is only top 10 protected. So a long way to go before it stays with the Pelicans.
    That or they get lucky, or unlucky, in the draft.

Utah owes us it's 2022 second round, but it's been forfeited because of the tampering or whatever.

Does that mean we get nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Utah owes us it's 2022 second round, but it's been forfeited because of the tampering or whatever.

Does that mean we get nothing?
    They probably lose the next one they still have.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I posted this on the other thread about the Lakers but figured I'd put it here as well.

I guess the question is who is more to blame for their struggles. AD or Russ?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...d232988b98ff32

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I posted this on the other thread about the Lakers but figured I'd put it here as well.

I guess the question is who is more to blame for their struggles. AD or Russ?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...d232988b98ff32
    I saw that appreciated that post (I don’t visit that forum). Yes, who didn’t see Russ Westbrook being the fly in that ointment? Everyone (but the Lakers) saw that being a bad mix before the trade was finalized. Oh well.

What’s going to ******** me off is when teams come to the Lakers aid to help them move these bad contracts off their books. Someone is going to trade for Westbrook, or AD (I doubt they will move LBJ since he is the NBA). But some teams will be happy to make this trade to get them out of cap hell, when as currently constructed the Lakers won’t be title contenders.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I saw that appreciated that post (I don’t visit that forum). Yes, who didn’t see Russ Westbrook being the fly in that ointment? Everyone (but the Lakers) saw that being a bad mix before the trade was finalized. Oh well.

What’s going to ******** me off is when teams come to the Lakers aid to help them move these bad contracts off their books. Someone is going to trade for Westbrook, or AD (I doubt they will move LBJ since he is the NBA). But some teams will be happy to make this trade to get them out of cap hell, when as currently constructed the Lakers won’t be title contenders.
    I don't see it happening. Those contracts will just hamper the team trading for it.

The Lakers aren't as popular among rival teams as we think. If it really was that important to the rest of the league to have the Lakers be good, they would just cave to the players during collective bargaining and make it easier for big markets to horde talent. As it stands, the salary cap, luxury tax and revenue sharing HURT the Lakers and other big market teams. The Lakers get good because players want to go there and because agents like to bully teams into trading for their guy as was the case with AD but rival teams aren't going to help them out.

I will add that the only time the league could legally block a trade was when they actually owned one of it's franchises. That was the then NOLA Hornets of course and it was the Lakers who got the shaft on that historic move and it was the supposedly hated by the league Hornets that were saved from moving when 1) the league bought them and 2) sold it to local ownership.

pardon my ignorance, but what does top ten protected mean in regards to us and the Lakers pick?

Lakers pick goes to Grizzlies for Valanciunis

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    pardon my ignorance, but what does top ten protected mean in regards to us and the Lakers pick?
    This means that the Lakers keep the pick if it's in the top 10. Anywhere from 11-30 and the Pelicans get the pick.

If the Lakers do keep the pick this year if it falls in the top 10, then the Pelicans get in whatever year it falls out of the top 10. Not sure what the provisions are for this exact pick but lots of times, teams have a sliding scale meaning it could be top 10 protected this year but if the Lakers keep it then it's top 8 protected next year then top 6 and so on. Not sure how it works for this particular deal though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    This means that the Lakers keep the pick if it's in the top 10. Anywhere from 11-30 and the Pelicans get the pick.

If the Lakers do keep the pick this year if it falls in the top 10, then the Pelicans get in whatever year it falls out of the top 10. Not sure what the provisions are for this exact pick but lots of times, teams have a sliding scale meaning it could be top 10 protected this year but if the Lakers keep it then it's top 8 protected next year then top 6 and so on. Not sure how it works for this particular deal though.
    I don't think that's right. I think the Grizzlies get the Laker's pick if it's 11-30, and the Pelicans get the pick if it's top 10.

Regarding our own pick, it's lottery protected. We keep it if it is a lottery pick, if it's not it goes to the Hornets.
    Last edited by donato; 12-31-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

(under Lakers): 2022 first round draft pick to New Orleans or Memphis
    L.A. Lakers' 2022 1st round pick to New Orleans protected for selection 11-30 or to Memphis (via New Orleans) protected for selections 1-10; if this pick is not conveyed to Memphis, then Memphis will instead receive Cleveland's 2022 2nd round pick (via Atlanta to New Orleans) and New Orleans' 2025 2nd round pick (L.A. Lakers' obligation to New Orleans or Memphis will thereafter be extinguished) [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019; Charlotte-Memphis-New Orleans, 8/7/2021]

(under New Orleans): 2022 first round draft pick to Charlotte
    New Orleans' 2022 1st round pick to Charlotte protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then New Orleans will instead convey its 2022 2nd round pick and 2024 2nd round pick to Charlotte [Charlotte-Memphis-New Orleans, 8/7/2021]

This isn't exactly right...we get the Lakers pick regardless of where it falls, they can't keep it. If it is outside of the top 10, our trade for JV means we will send the pick to Memphis. If it is in the top 10, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't think that's right. I think the Grizzlies get the Laker's pick if it's 11-30, and the Pelicans get the pick if it's top 10.

Regarding our own pick, it's lottery protected. We keep it if it is a lottery pick, if it's not it goes to the Hornets.
    Thanks for the correction. In that case, let's hope Lebron gets sick of Russ and decides to shut it down this year and they fall to the bottom of the west. 2 picks in the top 5 would look great.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    This isn't exactly right...we get the Lakers pick regardless of where it falls, they can't keep it. If it is outside of the top 10, our trade for JV means we will send the pick to Memphis. If it is in the top 10, we get it.
    Thanks for the correction. This is a complicated trade. My explanation was how these protected trades usually go.

He is injured again.

So the best we can get is pick 11 from this draft if the Lakers bomb.

Prot. 1-10 >>>>goes to Mem
    11-30 >>>>goes to Pels

Better than nothing, but we aren't getting anything decent with pick 11.

https://www.tankathon.com/lakers

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So the best we can get is pick 11 from this draft if the Lakers bomb.

Prot. 1-10 >>>>goes to Mem
    11-30 >>>>goes to Pels

Better than nothing, but we aren't getting anything decent with pick 11.

https://www.tankathon.com/lakers
    Nevermind

Tankathon is wrong.

Prot. 1-10 >>>>goes to Pels
    11-30 >>>>goes to Mem

Thread Information