Pelicans Report

Thread: Who could we reasonably acquire? Thoughts?

Question Who could we reasonably acquire? Thoughts?

It’s that time of year again, when players want trades and rumors begin to fly? So far we've heard Simmons, Sabonis, Myles Turner, De’Aaron Fox, Etc.

Who could we realistically acquire? I know we have a few young players in Naw, Hayes, Murphy, Lewis, and a lot of future picks. Can that realistically be enough to land anyone who can come in and make a difference?
    Last edited by Butters; 12-16-2021 at 10:26 AM.

What value do NAW, Hayes, Murphy, or Lewis have? Of our young players, the one that has the most value right now is the one and only Herb. Expecting anything of value for those other guys is a bit pie in the sky for me (especially the Fox’s, Simmon’s, and Turner’s of the world).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What value do NAW, Hayes, Murphy, or Lewis have? Of our young players, the one that has the most value right now is the one and only Herb. Expecting anything of value for those other guys is a bit pie in the sky for me (especially the Fox’s, Simmon’s, and Turner’s of the world).

That’s exactly what I was thinking, I don’t believe any of our young players interest any other teams.

I could be completely off though. Those guys might be worth more to us than they are to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I could be completely off though. Those guys might be worth more to us than they are to other teams.
    You're not off certainly not completely. Who TF on this roster minus JV, BI, and Zion has any real value. Let alone enough value to land a player to make us better.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Our only real assets are picks. We still have a number of them. NAW has done nothing to help himself. And the only player teams would want is Herb and he isn’t one to trade Willy Nilly.

I don’t even know if Willy Nilly is still interested in basketball.

With our trash record our picks should be valuable

I still like Hield as a target. We need shooting, with or without Zion, and his contract number declines over the next two seasons. Would probably cost us Hart and a first rounder + filler but I'd consider it.

Love to get a true lead guard but that's hard to trade for unless you are going make a blow out offer. I wouldn't mind poaching a veteran back up like D.J. Augustin. He can give you 15-20 minutes a night at the position and is shooting 45% from behind the arc.

Also still wondering if Hawks are interested in clearing out one of their wings. Might be able to pry Reddish loose or they may be looking to salary dump Gallinari or Huerter. Any of those guys would give us some offensive punch either as a starter or off the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You're not off certainly not completely. Who TF on this roster minus JV, BI, and Zion has any real value. Let alone enough value to land a player to make us better.
    I think a # of teams would value Hart right now. Probably our most tradable piece outside the guys you mentioned.

Tank. Draft Jaden Ivey. Trade the farm for Fox. Bring in a vet bench.

The best player this team could acquire is probably Kemba Walker and I am not thrilled with that idea.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    The best player this team could acquire is probably Kemba Walker and I am not thrilled with that idea.
    I'd take Kemba Walker leading the second unit over Sato any day of the week.

We really should be looking to use the TPE for a bad contract with picks attached. We should not be using assets to try and make the play-in. We should tank the season and use the TPE to acquire assets.

Lets Bring De'Aaron home....

New Orleans gets:

De'Aaron Fox

Sacramento gets:

Josh Hart
    Jaxson Hayes
    Tomas Satoransky

~~~

PG: Fox; Graham
    SG: BI; NAW
    C: JV; H'Gomez
    SF: Herb; Temple
    PF: Zion; Trey

Rest of bench: Naji, Kira, Alvarado, Clark, and DiDi

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyzgw84b
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-17-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lets Bring De'Aaron home....

New Orleans gets:

De'Aaron Fox

Sacremento gets:

Josh Hart
    Jaxson Hayes
    Tomas Satoransky

~~~

PG: Fox; Graham
    SG: BI; NAW
    C: JV; H'Gomez
    SF: Herb; Temple
    PF: Zion; Trey

Rest of bench: Naji, Kira, Alvarado, Clark, and DiDi

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyzgw84b
    From the looks of that trade... I'm guessing 4 1st picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    From the looks of that trade... I'm guessing 4 1st picks?
    And no bench.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    And no bench.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Just sign a bunch of 10 day contracts like Dell Demps would do.

Lakers may send us Davis back. Should we forgive him? We can have two glass players. Zion and Davis.

Thread Information