Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Pels News Imminent

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Hell no to Simmons. I have never seen a more overhyped player in my life.

Career sub 60% Free Throws, 16ppg, 14, yes FOURTEEN percent on 3's.

What are you guys smoking wanting this dude? He doesn't space the floor at all. He actually shrinks it.

If you think BI chokes in the clutch, well.... Ben Simmons is on a whole other level.

Trading a first round pick for this? And all the baggage he is carrying around in his head? Hell nah.
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 12-15-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Hell no to Simmons. I have never seen a more overhyped player in my life.

Career sub 60% Free Throws, 16ppg, 14, yes FOURTEEN percent on 3's.

What are you guys smoking wanting this dude? He doesn't space the floor at all. He actually shrinks it.

If you think BI chokes in the clutch, well.... Ben Simmons is on a whole other level.

Most Overhyped?

I don't know. The Pelicans currently hold the contract of a 'larger' overhyped player (not just in terms of girth) who has been afforded Super-Star Status despite playing less than half of his team's games.

Sorry if you disagree; it's only a fact.

Heavy pass on Simmons. Griffin needs to go for the tank and hope for a top 3 pick. Wasting assets to try and get to a play-in is fruitless.

I’ll take Simmons perfect line up Simmons Brandon Zion herb and Jonas , I won’t be beat on 2k lol

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I?ll take Simmons perfect line up Simmons Brandon Zion herb and Jonas , I won?t be beat on 2k lol
    That might be a really good defensive lineup. I am no fan of Simmons after his run at LSU but if you can get a guy like that for a first and some scraps you may need to pull the trigger. He is an absolute pass first, second and third PG that plays great defense. Just need to get Vinson to teach him the corner 3 and he might be good for us.

On the other hand if you can get Fox you jump on that all day.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 12-15-2021 at 06:45 PM.

If you believe in the power of Fred Vinson (and who doesn’t) then a Ben Simmons trade shouldn’t scare you from a talent standpoint.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Fox nice but Ben gives you that size where you can really just about switch anything plus it puts everybody in a better role graham and naw off the bench with hart that’s a solid 8 man rotation if Hayes can just keep taking baby steps that’ll be a good 9 youthful too

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Fox nice but Ben gives you that size where you can really just about switch anything plus it puts everybody in a better role graham and naw off the bench with hart that’s a solid 8 man rotation if Hayes can just keep taking baby steps that’ll be a good 9 youthful too
    LOL

So with NAW, Hart, Graham and Hayes all coming off the bench, who do you think they are giving up for Ben?

Graham getting his own banner for that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    LOL

So with NAW, Hart, Graham and Hayes all coming off the bench, who do you think they are giving up for Ben?
    Murphy, NAW and Hayes would all have to go in a trade. Doubt Kings or Sixers would want just Murphy as the only player with all the picks. Especially Kings who would need to replace Fox?s #s right away some kind of way partially with a young starter like NAW.

No more bench for the rest of the season if Hart and Graham are traded
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 12-16-2021 at 05:15 AM.

So people want to keep Jax and NAW rather than move them for Simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Most Overhyped?

I don't know. The Pelicans currently hold the contract of a 'larger' overhyped player (not just in terms of girth) who has been afforded Super-Star Status despite playing less than half of his team's games.

Sorry if you disagree; it's only a fact.
    Posts like this remind me just how stupid our fanbase truly is.

How is Zion overhyped? He averaged 27ppg on like 61.1 FG%.

Being injured has absolutely nothing to do with being overhyped. You should be embarrassed.

Zion Williamson had an injection to promote healing in his right foot in Los Angeles this week and is likely to be sidelined 4-6 weeks, sources tell @NOLAnews.

Soft tissue problems.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not a surprise. Not even a slight surprise.

He’s not gonna play at all this year. I’ll happily accept being wrong. But he won’t play.

Mr. Glass

Yes we need more LSU players. Bring in Simmons !

Thread Information