Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 19-32

Pelicans February 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 19-32

On the road again.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What is wrong with NAW’s head? Much like how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop…

Basketball Guru
    NAW comes in and turn the ball over 2 straight times smh...

Pelicans need to work on their fast breaks.

Basketball Guru
    this game sucks for me..every time we get something going, denver come down and hit 3s....

This is a great freaking game! I did not expect to have this much fun watching.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Jaxson looks great at the 4.

Pelicans got some fight in them. But they do need that person who can be their calm in the storm or should I say the brains on the court for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    should I say the brains on the court for them.
    Just take out NAW and you gain alot of that.

Jaxson Hayes is having a game.

Herb Jones is amazing.

So Jax haters......we finish or we done?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    The best and most complete game of the season!

Pretty amazing. Ingram with 12 assists, Jax with a double-double (22-11) and perfect from the field (9-9), and Herb scored 10 of the last 16 points in crunch time.

Good Game. Thought it would end like the Cavs one but they didn't let the lead go in this one.

NAW is really the only issue for me, player wise. Ofc Temple too but again think that's just b/c of our guard play and the injuries we have had.

Definitely a game for the motto of, "stay the course be patient". Seems like most of us are either loving or hating Jaxson and it changes from month to month. Should help his trade value with this recent play at worst. But he definitely looks much, much better at 4.

Basketball Guru
    well since we taking a victory lap on hayes..i was the first and only poster saying jax should play the 4 so he can free style on defense and help rim protect.....

he has to understand who he is guarding at the 3pt line so he can play better help defense and stop guard penetration on defense...he also has to shoot the 3 on offense because teams are not guarding him while he is behind the 3pt line...teams are laying off doubling jonas making it hard for him to score now....

I dont think it matters where he plays. He was equally good at the 4 or 5 with Jonas in foul trouble tonight.

But on message boards and for fans in general, patience for young players is scarce.

Yeah, Jaxson at the 4 has everybody like wait a min. Not so fast on that trade. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I dont think it matters where he plays. He was equally good at the 4 or 5 with Jonas in foul trouble tonight.

But on message boards and for fans in general, patience for young players is scarce.
    We knew/know he was a project when he was drafted. His first few years were a mess. His offseasons were screwed (in fairness, so were everyone else's, at least to some extent, though they didn't have the legal issues Jax did). Coaching changes.

And yet for some reason whenever he's played, he's shown signs of growth and improvement, and whenever his minutes have stabilised we've seen his game shine again.

And here it is again.

He's 100% from 2pt range since joining the starting lineup, by the way, for those who are keeping track.

Say what you want about NAW but he played great defense tonight. If we can somehow offload Sat, Temple, and Hart for a shooter then we might be contenders for the play in at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Say what you want about NAW but he played great defense tonight. If we can somehow offload Sat, Temple, and Hart for a shooter then we might be contenders for the play in at least

They are contenders for that spot now. Only 0.5 games out and the team in front of them might be throwing in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well since we taking a victory lap on hayes..i was the first and only poster saying jax should play the 4 so he can free style on defense and help rim protect.....
    WAT. seems like many people have said we should try him at the 4 for a long time.

Did y'all see how while time was still left on the clock and we were dribbling the ball out, Jokic walked across the court to seek out Herb and congratulate him? Pretty sure it was Herb. He was zeroing in on him and the camera cut off right as he reached him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

He's had some great flashes of great defensive play with mostly solid D play the past month or so, yeah.

Offensively he just seems to lack instincts. Like....he has what he's going to do in his head and he doesn't change it no matter what the defense starts doing. Everything has to be preplanned.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Herb has every bit of star potential.

We have our big 3 and Jonas aswell

I don't want to trade Jax now unless for a super good guard

Thread Information