Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What Now?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    damn... meanwhile the roots are being planted to become one of the better teams in the league. i can feel it.

dont even tell me this team wont be a winner next year. we nailed this draft, plus we got players developing nicely
    Mac is one of those dudes who won't believe in the check until it clears, let alone the promise of a check at some point. Pay that doom and gloom no mind. If he's wrong, then a good thing happens. But if he's right, then he gets to say I told you so. Deal with the fallout only after the bomb goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I again want to point out to everyone that NOLA has an elite group of people who pretend to be insiders.

NOLA does not have insiders.

New people can search back to any news event and note that our "insiders" were in the dark for everything.

OK, you can go back to the Shinn days with 42 and Harvey Hornet and find inside info, but ever since the Bensons took over, there has never been a move leaked by "insiders" before it happened.

The team is profitable so Gayle is not going to sell it. She's local so this team isn't moving. This is a well run organization that wants to win. Using absolutes about the future success of the franchise is just more confirmation that the lack of insider status has led to bitterness.
    You are definitely banned from the elite board.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    They couldn?t sell the Pels for 4 or 5x (3x perhaps). The team is not in the greatest market, and the state isn?t helping matters with regards to the arena bit (they want a new one, or upgrades to the existing). I have no doubt that she could divest from the brewery, horse racing, or various CRE investments, but the one that is a money pit really is this franchise. When you take into account her other investments (and there are hundreds of not thousands) her MO isn?t sports, it?s improving the community around her, and as much as we like the Pels, they aren?t really enhancing anything in the community.

I give it 3 years before we are sold and moved. Anyone want to go in on a friendly wager?
    Let's be clear on the terms. You are saying this bet is an L for you if by January 1st, 2025 the team has not already moved, or a relocation announcement has not been made?

Want to buy a new arena for a NBA team that stinks?

Wait till she finds out Zions price tag 18 months from now

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Let's be clear on the terms. You are saying this bet is an L for you if by January 1st, 2025 the team has not already moved, or a relocation announcement has not been made?
    Sold and relocation is complete or near completion.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Are we still doing this bet? We need to formalize this.

I'm still in.

The selling and relocation of an NBA franchise is nearing completion and no one knows anything about it but a poster on this board?

Could a team even pull a Cleveland Browns in 2022? Seems unlikely to the point of impossibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The selling and relocation of an NBA franchise is nearing completion and no one knows anything about it but a poster on this board?

Could a team even pull a Cleveland Browns in 2022? Seems unlikely to the point of impossibility.
    Are you in, or are you out?

Cleveland Browns of 2022 could happen. They just have to keep it under wraps long enough so that the media doesn't start leaking info that could curtail the sale/relocation. I seriously doubt that's going on and want to believe Gayle but a Browns situation could happen.

What can NO LONGER happen is a Baltimore to Indianapolis of 1983 or either of the relocations to Los Angeles in the early 80's meaning the Raiders from Oakland to LA in '82 and the Clippers from San Diego to LA in '84. Both leagues tried to stop and even use legal maneuvering to keep the teams in their respective markets but didn't have the bylaws in place to stop them.

Since then, both the NFL and NBA have added bylaws and on top of that, have some of the strongest legal representation around so as a result, the relocation process goes through layers and layers before anything gets done.

Are you in, or are you out?
    So where'd the info come from and why are you so certain of it? Seems highly unlikely you're right, but I'll play along.

Assuming you're correct and this team will be sold in the next 3 years, why is no one talking about it except for your source who says it's all but a done deal? And if you trust this source and their word this much, why not name them and how they came about this info? If that was true, why would anyone sit on that info?

Just like MM's laughable claim that the entirety of Pels media knows about Zion's intention of signing the extension and then being traded shortly after, but they won't tell anyone for another year. What sports writer is gonna sit on that, if they know it to be true?

Both claims stink to me. Smells like manure.

Oh, I’m not dumb enough to get myself (and others) into hot water by divulging my information. Just know, the wheels are in motion.

The expected answer.

I love how nonspecific you are. There isn’t any “hey check out this potentially related thing” someone is doing elsewhere yiu can point out?

The expected answer.

I love how nonspecific you are. There isn’t any “hey check out this potentially related thing” someone is doing elsewhere yiu can point out?
    Are you in or out?

Are you in or out?
    I am out. 100%

I don't place bets. Even when I know I'll win.

I don't place bets. Even when I know I'll win.
    Smart call.

I’m no MM, and I don’t make claims like this (never have in the past). However this is more than just speculation. I’m just saying, when you are looking to buy Pels jerseys, expect for them to be vintage like those New Orleans Jazz jerseys you sometimes see within 3 years.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-20-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Smart call.

I?m no MM, and I don?t make claims like this (never have in the past). However this is more than just speculation. I?m just saying, when you are looking to buy Pels jerseys, expect for them to be vintage like those New Orleans Jazz jerseys you sometimes see within 3 years.
    Seem very confident. And that was seen here before, spill some beans or keep the gas.

Smart call.

I’m no MM, and I don’t make claims like this (never have in the past). However this is more than just speculation. I’m just saying, when you are looking to buy Pels jerseys, expect for them to be vintage like those New Orleans Jazz jerseys you sometimes see within 3 years.
    Are you also taking bets on if the relocation city would be Las Vegas or Seattle?
    Last edited by Century City; 01-20-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Smart call.

This is depressing
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This is depressing
    This is also BS.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I call BS. A relocation of a sports franchise won’t get blown up because some no name that no one cares about (in the industry) posts their speculative “source” on a fan forum. This isn’t a reporter who does this full time and needs to keep returning to the well. Tell us everything or keep your mouth shut.

I've run into people who claim inside info on the Saints or specific players. I listen only so much. But for something like this, I'd need proof. I'd need them to be dead on accurate about many other things to buy a bombshell like this.

I have never claimed inside info in the past, nor do I make wagers unless ice cream is on the line (check my receipts on this site). I have nothing to gain by sharing this, and from a point of civic pride it sucks that it’s true.

Anyway, don’t catch long term feelings for this team.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-20-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Thread Information