Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: What Now?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Proposed Trade:

Detroit gets: Zion DiDi, and Temple.

New Orleans gets: Cunningham, Bey, and '22 First Rounder (unprotected)

Sidebar: Alvarez gets contract.
    How does this make us better and why would Detroit do this?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Agreed with all points. Watching the Zion story just feels like we know the outcome of the movie because we have seen it play out twice now, and it’s not a happy ending.

See who out there will pay us the most for Zion, and when he comes back (and shows a bit more than he previously did), up the price a bit more and move him.
    Im not against trading him but why would you do that after he successfully returns and presumably maintains a high level of play? How does that make any sense? Unless you really just believe that he won't sign the extension under any circumstance?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Is Malik Monk a free agent? I wouldn’t mind having him on the squad.
    Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    How does this make us better and why would Detroit do this?
    The folly of your two-pronged question is, likewise, the answer to your two-pronged question. LOL

The folly of your two-pronged question is, likewise, the answer to your two-pronged question. LOL
    I disagree. Both statements can exist as truths without correlation. Because roster improvement in a vacuum is not the only variable that determines incentive for either team. Let's break it down:

How does this make us better: A healthy Zion's obviously better than Cade, and whether you like it or not that's what Griff is eventually hinging on

Why would Detroit do this: Zion's injured, because of that he currently has little to no trade value. Detroit isn't going to give up more of a sure thing atm for the mystery box.

I guess it's fun to speculate, but i think you and I both know that's not happening.
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 02-07-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Lakers
    I meant is he a free agent this offseason? I know he's currently on the Lakers.

I meant is he a free agent this offseason? I know he's currently on the Lakers.
    oh, my bad. He is indeed a FA next year

oh, my bad. He is indeed a FA next year
    Thank you. I think he’d be a great addition but I wonder if he’ll command a large contract.

Thank you. I think he’d be a great addition but I wonder if he’ll command a large contract.
    He was a FA last year and did not want to sign anywhere else. He probably stays there.

Griff. Should go get Randle out of NY

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Imagine watching this and thinking, "Man, we should go get this guy!" I'm so glad that he's the Knicks problem and not ours.

The analytics guy probably told him to stop shooting 3s. He apparently didn't like the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    The analytics guy probably told him to stop shooting 3s. He apparently didn't like the suggestion.
    Yeah. Analytics guy. We got a bunch on this forum. Watching the video again it looks like Darren Erman was feeding the analytics guy the info.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-07-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Could you imagine working with these over entitled humans?
    I couldn't think of much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Could you imagine working with these over entitled humans?
    I couldn't think of much worse.
    So get Eric Gordon instead? At least getting Barnes here would make GuardianAngel dream come true.

So get Eric Gordon instead? At least getting Barnes here would make GuardianAngel dream come true.

I was talking about 90% of the NBA players, not just your BFF Randle.

I would like Barnes here a lot. I don't know if I would want to give up Hart for him but NAW and some assets for Barnes would be legit.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 02-07-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I would like Barnes here a lot. I don't know if I would want to give up Hart for him but NAW and some assets for Barnes would be legit.
    Barnes would be a good fit here. Bring the two Eric’s back. It won’t bother me.

Regarding # 1.....

Does anybody really think that the team wouldn't be trumpeting GOOD NEWS from the Nike Training Facility if there was any? The silence is deafening and speaks volumes as to the lack of progress being made in # 1's rehabilitation. With each passing day, we are getting closer to April 10th (translation: it's going to be $10MM down the toilet on the Pelican Books for the year).

The good news, though, is that the team has apparently found its head coach, some of the young talent is starting to come around, the team is gelling, and a REAL team leader (as opposed to a Paper Tiger currently residing in Portland) has been identified. After suffering through an abysmal 2-14 start to the season, the team has rebounded well and is above .500 (19-18) since despite suffering through a rash of missed games by key personnel.

I look forward to game days today more I than have since the last playoff season in 2017-18. Winning is always the end-goal, but I find a lot of joy in watching THIS team fight, improve, and grow.

I only hope we don't blow it all up to accommodate a mega-ego when it is determined that he is game ready.

I've been probably the most patient..but wtf is going on with Zion?

The previous time ranges are long passed. Just pure silence now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I've been probably the most patient..but wtf is going on with Zion?

The previous time ranges are long passed. Just pure silence now.

Regarding # 1.....

Does anybody really think that the team wouldn't be trumpeting GOOD NEWS from the Nike Training Facility if there was any? The silence is deafening and speaks volumes as to the lack of progress being made in # 1's rehabilitation. With each passing day, we are getting closer to April 10th (translation: it's going to be $10MM down the toilet on the Pelican Books for the year).

The good news, though, is that the team has apparently found its head coach, some of the young talent is starting to come around, the team is gelling, and a REAL team leader (as opposed to a Paper Tiger currently residing in Portland) has been identified. After suffering through an abysmal 2-14 start to the season, the team has rebounded well and is above .500 (19-18) since despite suffering through a rash of missed games by key personnel.

I look forward to game days today more I than have since the last playoff season in 2017-18. Winning is always the end-goal, but I find a lot of joy in watching THIS team fight, improve, and grow.

I only hope we don't blow it all up to accommodate a mega-ego when it is determined that he is game ready.

Who needs Zion? We are winning with Herb and Brandon.

If anyone brings up Zion trade misinformation one more time, I will remove my music from bandcamp.

Basketball Guru
    starting lineup after all-star break....graham/ ingram/ barnes/ herb/ jonas

Covington replace temple....speak it into the universe it may happen...

Zion clearly a one man sleeper cell sent to Portland to disrupt their season and allow us to plunder their roster.

Thread Information