Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What Now?

I'd trade to farm to get Fox and still draft Ivey in the offseason. Then, possibly spend FA looking to assemble a quality depth vet bench in their prime. I would be super happy with a core of

Fox Hart Jose
    Ivey Graham NAW
    Ingram Jones TM3
    Zion
    Jonas Hayes

I think Kira is probably gone. We got to find some real PF depth like a Montrezl Harrell.

The team is super close, but critical point of failure at guard and bench makes it really hard to want them to overachieve into mediocrity long term. Just be patient and get right this off season.

I see a lot of talk about Dejounte Murray... But he's not remotely attainable. He's too sought with his season being the modern prototype any team wants from a lead guard. The reason why Fox is actually attainable, because of his shortcomings are pretty clear and he has fit issues with his shooting.

Patty Mills, Montrezl Harrell, and Serge Ibake are probably my top free agent to solidify the bench.
    Last edited by Taker597; 01-29-2022 at 02:31 PM.

I see people got upset about my Morant thread. Fact is he is having a MVP season. It must be at least be considered

That is a good list

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Considered for what exactly?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I just don’t see what worrying about Morant has to do with the Pelicans. When Zion is healthy, he’s the most unstoppable player in the league. Not to mention, he’s a year older than Zion. It’s not like Zion is 25 years old and Ja is as well. Zion is still 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Considered for what exactly?
    Re -read again. It has been pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I just don’t see what worrying about Morant has to do with the Pelicans. When Zion is healthy, he’s the most unstoppable player in the league. Not to mention, he’s a year older than Zion. It’s not like Zion is 25 years old and Ja is as well. Zion is still 21 years old.
    Is Zion coming back? When? Key point though is when he is healthy and in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Is Zion coming back? When? Key point though is when he is healthy and in shape.
    I believe he is coming back. When he comes back, this argument will be foolish because the Pels will own the Grizzlies every time they play each other.

I believe he is coming back. When he comes back, this argument will be foolish because the Pels will own the Grizzlies every time they play each other.
    We shall hope so. I feel like I’ve said this 3 years in a row. Maybe the 3rd time will be the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We shall hope so. I feel like I’ve said this 3 years in a row. Maybe the 3rd time will be the trick.
    You know how I feel about the team when it comes to failure. I am just really optimistic about this current team. Not the VP. If they can some kind of way get rid of Griff before he trades a good player for a bum like Temple. Zion probably would come back in a jiffy if Griff gets canned. Griff is ruining everything about this organization. The fans don’t even trust them at all. The negativity surrounding them will stay as long as Griff is avoiding the truth about everything.

You know how I feel about the team when it comes to failure. I am just really optimistic about this current team. Not the VP. If they can some kind of way get rid of Griff before he trades a good player for a bum like Temple. Zion probably would come back in a jiffy if Griff gets canned. Griff is ruining everything about this organization. The fans don’t even trust them at all. The negativity surrounding them will stay as long as Griff is avoiding the truth about everything.
    got 7 more days of being in fear from another stupid Griff trade. Sad we have like $40 milion in movable salary and trade exception.... What a waste, but I guess quit wasting money on filler salary and get good FAs.Quit trying to play these stupid deadline games. It hasn't worked at all and maybe try to build the best possible roster in Aug

Proposed Trade:

Detroit gets: Zion DiDi, and Temple.

New Orleans gets: Cunningham, Bey, and '22 First Rounder (unprotected)

Sidebar: Alvarez gets contract.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Proposed Trade:

I would definitely consider it. I think Cade is a good one. I think Zion will be great, but this team needs a guard in the worst way.

I would definitely consider it. I think Cade is a good one. I think Zion will be great, but this team needs a guard in the worst way.
    Is it crazy to think Alvarado has starter potential?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The Bulls won a title with BJ Armstrong as a starter, so why not?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If Willie Trusts it. I think he can, but if he’s not going to close the games, they need to find another guard.

Yes. He is a nice energy guy of the bench, but I cannot see him as a solid starter. He could be a starter by default though.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It depends on how much Alvarado's game develops. If Fred VanVleet or Isaiah Thomas can become an elite starters, it's not unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Proposed Trade:

I don't think detroit takes this...too much risk in taking in Zion, Cade will be good not as high as Zion's potential but the safer player as of the moment.. Bey is a very solid player and that 22 pick is a high one... i would do it for the pels cause it gets us out of that Zion drama.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I don't think detroit takes this...too much risk in taking in Zion, Cade will be good not as high as Zion's potential but the safer player as of the moment.. Bey is a very solid player and that 22 pick is a high one... i would do it for the pels cause it gets us out of that Zion drama.
    Agreed with all points. Watching the Zion story just feels like we know the outcome of the movie because we have seen it play out twice now, and it’s not a happy ending.

See who out there will pay us the most for Zion, and when he comes back (and shows a bit more than he previously did), up the price a bit more and move him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Agreed with all points. Watching the Zion story just feels like we know the outcome of the movie because we have seen it play out twice now, and it’s not a happy ending.

See who out there will pay us the most for Zion, and when he comes back (and shows a bit more than he previously did), up the price a bit more and move him.
    AD was a happy ending though. Look at his play now and the players/picks we got for him. I'd rather BI than AD straight up.

Is Malik Monk a free agent? I wouldn’t mind having him on the squad.

I think Cousins just wrapped up a 10 day contract with Denver. Bring on Boogey back .

Thread Information