Pelicans Report

Thread: Is it Time to Worry About Zion?

Welcome to the board/fanbase, where we've been worried for months.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Welcome to the board/fanbase, where we've been worried for months.

Lol, so true!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Worry at your own peril.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Looks good in that photo.

I'm over the whole weight thing he's not as big as the idiot media is making him out to be. My issue with him is the injury(s).

Starting to wish we drafted Morant

https://twitter.com/stephaniemeza/st...662900738?s=10

They still using the photo shopped pic? SMH!

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Starting to wish we drafted Morant
    I’m so tired of hearing this. Not a single team in the NBA would not have drafted Zion with that pick. It was a consensus pick as I’ve ever seen. The crowd at the draft party would’ve started rioting downtown if they called Ja’s name.

I was in the Zion camp, but hindsight has shown me the error of my ways. Ja will be playing in the league and chasing rings long after Zion hangs them up and is raiding the refrigerator during halftimes, just like you and me. To date, Zion has proven to be unreliable, immature, fat, oft-injured, and, thus, a detriment to the Pelicans' progression. He hasn't contributed anyting meaningful to this team....nada, zilch, nothing, unless lottery picks are your thing.

Mr. 49% is more a product of hype than he is...the 'real deal'.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-09-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I’m so tired of hearing this. Not a single team in the NBA would not have drafted Zion with that pick. It was a consensus pick as I’ve ever seen. The crowd at the draft party would’ve started rioting downtown if they called Ja’s name.
    What does that matter? The guy didn't say that he would've drafted Ja if he was GM. He said he wished we took Ja. Just like I am sure Portland fans wish they took Durant over Oden after a few years or Dolphins fans wish they took Justin Herbert. When fans of other teams say "I wish we took Draymond, they are not saying they were banging the drum for him on draft night. Just that they wish they had him when looking at it in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    What does that matter? The guy didn't say that he would've drafted Ja if he was GM. He said he wished we took Ja. Just like I am sure Portland fans wish they took Durant over Oden after a few years or Dolphins fans wish they took Justin Herbert. When fans of other teams say "I wish we took Draymond, they are not saying they were banging the drum for him on draft night. Just that they wish they had him when looking at it in retrospect.
    True to an extent. The difference is that Zion was such an overwhelmingly sure thing as a number 1 pick whereas Durant and Oden were close to a coin flip as was Herbert and Tua. With Tua's hip injury coming out of Bama, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of teams had Herbert above him on the draft board. At least with that comparison, Tua is starting to put up decent numbers whereas Oden did absolutely nothing as an NBA player and the other option is a sure fire hall of famer and arguably the best in the game 14 years later.

Luka and Bagley is another one. Sacramento had every reason to take Luka and almost zero reason to take Bagley but for some odd reason, went in Bagley's direction.

Zion and Ja is a completely different animal. Nobody had Ja above him on their board.

But yeah, I get where we're coming from. Nobody is saying that they would've taken him had they been the GM. Just that it's looking more and more like it would've been a good pick. I'm still not sold. With the way Ja plays above the rim, he's gonna have some serious knee and ankle injuries. I'm starting to think that maybe Darius Garland turns out to be the best in that draft.

Thread Information