Pelicans Report

Thread: Pretty quite around here!

Pretty quite around here!

What's going on with PR? For me I can't fully commit to basketball until football season is over. I try to catch a game here and there when I can. I watched the game against the Mavericks and hardly recognize anybody on the team. But I come here and I'm not seeing much activity on the forum. Is it football season, Facebook, the way the team is headed? What's going on?

I don't know why it would be quite. But it should be quiet because the team stinks. I know that I have personally gone back to watching more college. Jabari is amazing man

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jabari looks like Evan Mobley with a splash of Giannis mixed in. Not sure what the fit is, but until we’re contenders, you take whoever is best even if you’re doubling up a position we’re already good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jabari looks like Evan Mobley with a splash of Giannis mixed in. Not sure what the fit is, but until we’re contenders, you take whoever is best even if you’re doubling up a position we’re already good at.
    ABSOLUTELY!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    What's going on with PR? For me I can't fully commit to basketball until football season is over. I try to catch a game here and there when I can. I watched the game against the Mavericks and hardly recognize anybody on the team. But I come here and I'm not seeing much activity on the forum. Is it football season, Facebook, the way the team is headed? What's going on?
    We suck, Mr. Madden

I've always found that the best way to get things brewing on a message board dedicated to a bad team is to talk about the draft. Figure out team needs, look at various draft sites and go hard at debating which players make sense and what not.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I've always found that the best way to get things brewing on a message board dedicated to a bad team is to talk about the draft. Figure out team needs, look at various draft sites and go hard at debating which players make sense and what not.
    drafting zion replacement makes sense and hope we hit on it...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    drafting zion replacement makes sense and hope we hit on it...
    Or hope that he sees the light, gets in shape and we draft the perfect compliment. The one thing that this team has never been able to do is draft the perfect compliment to a superstar.

We traded for Chandler when CP was here and signed Peja to an FA contract.

With AD, we traded the #6 pick that turned out to be Nerlens Noel for Jrue Holiday. Not that Noel would've been the compliment to take the team to the next level but he was traded regardless and of course they actually drafted Hield and dealt him for someone who wound up suffering a career threatening injury. Again, even if they keep Hield, he's not the type of player to take you to the next level.

My hope is that in this upcoming draft, they find the right guy who is well above the Noel's and Hield's of the world.
    Last edited by Century City; 12-07-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    Or hope that he sees the light, gets in shape and we draft the perfect compliment. The one thing that this team has never been able to do is draft the perfect compliment to a superstar.

We traded for Chandler when CP was here and signed Peja to an FA contract.

With AD, we traded the #6 pick that turned out to be Nerlens Noel for Jrue Holiday. Not that Noel would've been the compliment to take the team to the next level but he was traded regardless and of course they actually drafted Hield and dealt him for someone who would up suffering a career threatening injury. Again, even if they keep Hield, he's not the type of player to take you to the next level.

My hope is that in this upcoming draft, they find the right guy who is well above the Noel's and Hield's of the world.
    man that boogie and AD future teased the hell out of this fan base lol...pelicans might just be cursed....

im just hoping that zion see the light and get in shape to put the numbers he were putting up so we can get something back from him when he is ready to play for his next team...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    man that boogie and AD future teased the hell out of this fan base lol...pelicans might just be cursed....

im just hoping that zion see the light and get in shape to put the numbers he were putting up so we can get something back from him when he is ready to play for his next team...
    Yeah, had Boogie stayed healthy and had the personality to convince AD to stick around, this team may have just had enough to get over the hump and win it all. I personally never got too excited about it when he was here because the Warriors ruined any hope for any other team while KD was there. With him bolting to Brooklyn in 2019 and assuming NOLA keeps Jrue as a 3rd wheel to AD and Boogie, there's no reason that this team couldn't accomplish what Phoenix and Milwaukee did last season.

I truly hate how low of traffic this place gets because I prefer here over Tiger droppings but news get here soon late and I have to get the newest info from that trash field at tigerdroppings because this site is empty.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The only thing that I can think of to have traffic pickup is for the 10 main members to each start a separate new thread every day and for all 10 members to comment on every single one of the 9 threads other than the one that they start.

Thread Information