Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If Zion Returns soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Now it's time for Brandon to show everyone that he can be a Star of this league...
    It is odd isn’t it. BI, JV, Graham. On paper those 3 should be better or at least provide the team with more wins than they have.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Y?all, David Griffin is AWFUL. He passed on Darius Garland. Garland is looking like a future superstar right now. Griff traded down to get NAW and Hayes. See how that turned out?

I really dislike Griffin and think he is a complete idiot. He should have drafted Garland and moved Lonzo during the season instead of waiting till the season ended. We could have gotten a better return most likely?

He should have still worked on a trade to get JV as part of the Jrue Holiday trade instead of Adams. We should have resigned Moore. This is all hypothetical? but it makes total sense and could have really gone this way.

The Graham trade and the Lonzo trade has not helped us. Zion being injured hurts the team but I?m convinced we?d be a better team with a lineup of:

Garland
    Moore
    BI
    Zion
    JV

We are a total mess and I?m so disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll admit I haven’t followed the Zo situation in Chicago, do Pelifans have regret in letting him walk?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’ll admit I haven’t followed the Zo situation in Chicago, do Pelifans have regret in letting him walk?
    No.

Not for the money he got. The bigger regret is that we didn't let him walk outright rather than taking in Satoranski and Temple...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Not for the money he got. The bigger regret is that we didn't let him walk outright rather than taking in Satoranski and Temple...
    As much as pretty much all of us want to change the channel when Sato and Temple enter the game, please remember that deal can't really be evaluated until we see what they get for Sato.

It's highly likely he's traded by February or 100% he's traded before July. Somewhat similar for Josh Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As much as pretty much all of us want to change the channel when Sato and Temple enter the game, please remember that deal can't really be evaluated until we see what they get for Sato.

It's highly likely he's traded by February or 100% he's traded before July. Somewhat similar for Josh Hart.
    Sure. I'm being a little hyperbolic, but I really can't stand how much time they've gotten in the rotation. If we can get something of value for them, it's not bad long term.

Sure. I'm being a little hyperbolic, but I really can't stand how much time they've gotten in the rotation. If we can get something of value for them, it's not bad long term.
    Yeah. I am sure someone will give up something of value for Satoresky. Who wouldn't want a non athletic guard who is averaging 2.7 points per game, shooting 33% from the field and 15% from 3? I am sure Griffin will get at least a first for him. Maybe two

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Yeah. I am sure someone will give up something of value for Satoresky. Who wouldn't want a non athletic guard who is averaging 2.7 points per game, shooting 33% from the field and 15% from 3? I am sure Griffin will get at least a first for him. Maybe two
    I don't think it would come in the form of "we want Satoranski." It's more likely that we give up something of real value and Satoranski is filler for salary matching.

I don't think it would come in the form of "we want Satoranski." It's more likely that we give up something of real value and Satoranski is filler for salary matching.
    And why would the team want to add a better player when the clear path to adding a real difference maker is landing a top 5 pick in this draft?

If anything, I would trade Satoranski and Hart for a worse player or worst contract and add picks. Like, do Satoranki, Hart, and Hayes for Porzingis and a future 1st. Or to Houston for John Wall and continue to not play him like Houston is doing. Add picks and make your pick this year even better.

Lots of people have an incredibly hard time separating the expiring contract from the player it's attached to. So I wouldn't try to explain it too hard.

And the Pelicans would receive something of value in return...obviously. That is when you evaluate the trade as a whole.

Look around the league and list all the bad contracts. There aren’t many any more. It’s nothing like 5 or 10 or 15 years ago. Then, look at all the teams who have expiring contracts. Expiring contracts outnumber bad contracts 10 to 1. If you assume you will get a solid play just by giving an expiring contract, you are fooling yourself.

Yeah there's $10mm+ expiring contracts just laying all over the place. They're commodities basically.

Let me put down SR report for the day before I get another headache. Not a place to be after a loss.

Sr.com apparently isn’t even the place to be after a win. For the first time in 20 years there, that place is darn near quiet after a win.

It is odd isn’t it. BI, JV, Graham. On paper those 3 should be better or at least provide the team with more wins than they have.
    What has Graham shown?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Sr.com apparently isn’t even the place to be after a win. For the first time in 20 years there, that place is darn near quiet after a win.
    To be fair it was the Jets. And a mediocre season is kinda depressing because you'll just end up with a middling draft pick. Hopefully there is a gem like a Mac Jones that will fall a bit in this draft for us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    To be fair it was the Jets. And a mediocre season is kinda depressing because you'll just end up with a middling draft pick. Hopefully there is a gem like a Mac Jones that will fall a bit in this draft for us.
    OT, but you could put Tom Brady on the Saints right now and the team wouldn't be a contender. Jameis was pretty great considering the horrific WRs and patchwork OL he worked with. Need more WR weapons. A QB draft pick very likely doesn't help and isn't set up to succeed. MT is a question mark coming off major injury. Need to draft WR (hopefully first and second round) and possibly even a competent one in FA. Resign Jameis is my wish, and his teammates love him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What has Graham shown?
    I was told by some very “in the no” podcasters, and other local types that he was going to be the guard that Zo wasn’t.

I was told by some very ?in the no? podcasters, and other local types that he was going to be the guard that Zo wasn?t.
    To be fair, I don't think Graham was meant to replace Ball, he was meant to replace Bledsoe. And he's definitely played better than Bledsoe. I think the hope was that NAW was going to step up and replace Ball. He was given a chance but showed he wasn't ready. As for Graham, his biggest issue is that he's an undersized shooting guard being asked to play point.

JV has shown that he's definitely better than Adams, so that's been a step up. BI hasn't made the next step up in his progression and is basically the same player he was two years ago. And Zion is on the shelf as opposed to last year. So combine, NAW fizzling, BI plateauing, and Zion out and that equals a worse record than last year.

I recall certain Pelicans bloggers crapping on me for not being sold on NAW (I said that I didn’t trust him until he showed it in live games, while they said his tape from last year and this offseason were enough). We have some dumb ****** bloggers covering this team.

I was told by some very “in the no” podcasters, and other local types that he was going to be the guard that Zo wasn’t.
    Ball is a much better player than Graham. Would have liked to have Ball with Graham.

Thread Information