Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Zion Returns soon.......

If Zion Returns soon.......

If Zion returns soon, what should we expect?

Will the way the game is officiated this year adversely affect Zion's offensive production? ...Zion's health? ...the 'Point Zion' novelty?

Will he be on a minutes restriction?

Has Zion expanded his offense game to be an efficient scorer from more than one level or is he still just a 'glass-man'?

Will we see improved defense from Zion at his +275 lb. weight?

How many games do you expect him to play this year?

Zion was already not getting the calls he should have under the old officiating, so I'm not really sure it would negatively impact him much. More concerned about how long until we get him on the floor, the minutes restriction and how long it will take to ramp him up. If we are still in striking distance by the time he is playing full, I believe we'll make the play-in. I'm just not convinced he'll be back before mid-January at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If Zion returns soon, what should we expect?

Will the way the game is officiated this year adversely affect Zion's offensive production? ...Zion's health? ...the 'Point Zion' novelty?

Will he be on a minutes restriction?

Has Zion expanded his offense game to be an efficient scorer from more than one level or is he still just a 'glass-man'?

Will we see improved defense from Zion at his +275 lb. weight?

How many games do you expect him to play this year?
    If he doesn't lose weight, I think we'll see a less productive defensive player. He will be too slow afoot to effectively move laterally.

Piggy backing off the other thread, I would have no problem if he missed the majority of the season in order to regain focus, lose weight and get healthy. Meanwhile, the team loses enough to be in position to draft a 2nd superstar, something they've rarely had since coming from Charlotte in 2002.

They're one of the few teams that can say that they've had 3 separate MVP candidates in different eras but never had that ultimate 2nd all star. BD had Mashburn but he only lasted one year before an injury ended his career.

Tyson Chandler and David West weren't on that level for CP while Jrue was the closest thing along with less than a full season of Cuz for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    If he doesn't lose weight, I think we'll see a less productive defensive player. He will be too slow afoot to effectively move laterally.

Piggy backing off the other thread, I would have no problem if he missed the majority of the season in order to regain focus, lose weight and get healthy. Meanwhile, the team loses enough to be in position to draft a 2nd superstar, something they've rarely had since coming from Charlotte in 2002.
    This is a short story, but there's a lot to unpack. He looks pretty good in these pics. Not out of shape at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AARERzw.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	6609

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post

They're one of the few teams that can say that they've had 3 separate MVP candidates in different eras but never had that ultimate 2nd all star. BD had Mashburn but he only lasted one year before an injury ended his career.

Tyson Chandler and David West weren't on that level for CP while Jrue was the closest thing along with less than a full season of Cuz for AD.
    Ingram disrespect. I'd say he's easily better at this point than Jrue ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Ingram disrespect. I'd say he's easily better at this point than Jrue ever was.
    Then all the more reason to zero in on the draft this offseason. If DX, Chandler, Mash, Ingram and Cuz are the best sidekicks that our star players have ever had then they need to really zero in on the draft.

Dammit im so bad at posting these things....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

hahaha

YEAH
    BOOOOOI

Rev up that #pelslife tank.

They are very close to shutting him down for the season with these setbacks. Griffin will probably resign as well by the end of the season unless Benson has a change of heart.

NOLA sports athletes been having a tough breaks with surgeries not taking as they should.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Next comes the second opinion evaluation and a whole untreated fracture is discovered. New round of surgery. Out for 2021 season.

Will begin going door to door spreading the gospel of the The Church of TANK.

They should really just shut it down..no point in coming back January or any time after... although i doubt zion and his family would agree to that to save face that he isn't injury prone... shutting him down will be both good for zion and the pels in the long run, not good for griff though with his situation... i just hope griff and the pels don't go in a panic mode and be short sighted
    Last edited by PaKwAn; 12-11-2021 at 03:39 PM.

I wouldn't have minded the tank with how the season has been but man why couldn't it be the 2023 draft

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I wouldn't have minded the tank with how the season has been but man why couldn't it be the 2023 draft
    Don’t worry he will be hurt all next season too. He was just a terrible pick
    I'm a grinder

Odds Griff new this entire time it was a season ending injury and lied to sell tickets?

He's gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Don’t worry he will be hurt all next season too. He was just a terrible pick
    change your pfp then lmao

Might as well sit him out for the season. I'd also look into reducing Ingram and Jonas' workloads/minutes.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-11-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Daulton Hommes lmaoooooo

If you wanted to move him?

Now it's time for Brandon to show everyone that he can be a Star of this league...

Takes more than one. Our record with BI and without BI this year proves his value.

zion will need a surgical revision with bone graft And bone stimulator and will miss the season.

Thread Information