Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: December 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 7-18

Pelicans December 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 7-18

As pointed out in the last game thread, thus far the Pelicans have had the most difficult schedule in the NBA. For the rest of the season, on average, we have the easiest schedule in the league. This next 5 game stretch, all against teams we should be able to beat, shows that.

That 5 game stretch begins with a game against the worst team in the West (by record, tied with OKC), the Houston Rockets.

However.

They've actually won 5 straight. Now, 3 of those wins include back to backs against OKC and an Orlando game, but one of them was against Chicago! What this means is simple: they're a bad team, nobody is denying that, but they're still a team with NBA players on it and you can never just assume that's a gimme. The Pels will have to go into this one determined to win rather than just expecting a win to come to them.

Will be interesting to see how we react to this.
    Basketball.

3pt leaders

Curry
    Hield
    CJ
    Lonzo
    Grayson Allen
    Patty Mills

You know where this going.... Get Heild and Patty Mills at all cost fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    3pt leaders

Curry
    Hield
    CJ
    Lonzo
    Grayson Allen
    Patty Mills

You know where this going.... Get Heild and Patty Mills at all cost fam.
    Lonzo for Sato, Temple, and a throw away draft pick wasn't too smart either.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lonzo for Sato, Temple, and a throw away draft pick wasn't too smart either.
    It was a bad move and that was clear as day when it happened. There is no mental gymnastics Pels reddit can do to explain it away and that's all that needs to be said.

Misleading title, but Zion still looks north of 275 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Misleading title, but Zion still looks north of 275 lbs
    yeah, looks prob 290 or something. Maybe they say ******** it and play him after he gets over his latest setback but i'd really, really, love to see him at Duke weight for once in the NBA

I said last game we would likely lose... and was pleasantly surprised. This is absolutely a game we cannot afford to lose, and loses like these usually come down to effort/focus. As much as i question Willie's rotations at times i don't think he's the type of coach to let his team slip up like that against an "easy win" so I anticipate a win and nothing less

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I said last game we would likely lose... and was pleasantly surprised. This is absolutely a game we cannot afford to lose, and loses like these usually come down to effort/focus. As much as i question Willie's rotations at times i don't think he's the type of coach to let his team slip up like that against an "easy win" so I anticipate a win and nothing less
    its hard sweeping back to back games against the same opp and we did good in ours......houston seems to always rise up to play against us so i dont know how we are going to come out tonight...

Why wouldn't he be working out some now, is the foot completely stopping him from doing some type of workout? Maybe he has dropped some, can't tell b/c he still looks on the plus size. Just don't get how Zion allowed this to happen, even w/ injury you have to watch and maintain your body. I know most of you get upset w/ Griff but I'm still pretty upset w/ Zion on this one.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Temple starting. Guaranteed loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Temple starting. Guaranteed loss.
    He started last game. Lol. Hart being hurt is something I keep talking about, he's always hurt (can't depend on a player if he can't be on the court).

Nah NAW.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    (can't depend on a player if he can't be on the court).
    Must be talking about Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Must be talking about Zion.
    Him too. (Read my post above).

NAW to the bench please!! his +/- right now has to be a -NAW

Bad enough to hand the ball to the defender on an inbound pass and blow every coverage... then you miss a wide open Trey for 3 that you are STARING DIRECTLY AT!. Instead pass it inside to a triple teamed Billy for a crowded layup. Miss.

Bench plz

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    NAW to the bench please!! his +/- right now has to be a -NAW

Bad enough to hand the ball to the defender on an inbound pass and blow every coverage... then you miss a wide open Trey for 3 that you are STARING DIRECTLY AT!. Instead pass it inside to a triple teamed Billy for a crowded layup. Miss.

Bench plz
    NAW is his own worst enemy. He needs to relax and let the game come to him.

Don't understand why these players on the floor together. Lol.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    #28 on the Rockets has some nasty purple backne. Ouch.

NAW gives us NAW-thing. He might make a good NBL player.............ONE DAY!!!

Watched Darius Garland today drop 31 against Utah in a one point loss. This comes after he went for 32 against Washington in a 15 poimt win. SMH!!!

Can we trade naw for a soft shell crab poboy pls.

Basketball Guru
    i dont want to see NAW no more tonight....after saying this he might correct himself and play good....

Basketball Guru
    we are going to keep shooting miss 3s and shoot our way out of this game smh...

Bad coaching by Willie. Having four guards w/ JV makes no sense, taking Billie out to early, having NAW out there too long.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    Can we trade naw for a soft shell crab poboy pls.
    Only if we toss in two # 2's.

Billy putting in work this half.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Thread Information