Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zion: New Delays

Lol I am not serious. But I am serious about wishing I knew what Zion's weight was week by week to know how serious he is about his nutrition and conditioning. You can still do low/no impact cardio with a sore foot.

Whoever gives this kid his max contract is playing the worlds most expense game of hot potato.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Whoever gives this kid his max contract is playing the worlds most expense game of hot potato.
    Many would've said the same of Joel Embiid very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Many would've said the same of Joel Embiid very recently.
    Didn't Joel Embiid love Philly with a passion and express his desire to be there? I don't think the issue is just the injuries with Zion. Reading this board, it seems to me like if Zion had half Embiid's passion or love towards the city, everyone would be happy to give him that contract

I'm sure we're still very invested in Zion, despite these injury concerns. If you want to look at a silver lining in all of this (and granted you have to look very, very hard) it's probably much more probable that Zion signs his extension with us.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Didn't Joel Embiid love Philly with a passion and express his desire to be there? I don't think the issue is just the injuries with Zion. Reading this board, it seems to me like if Zion had half Embiid's passion or love towards the city, everyone would be happy to give him that contract
    I would still be happy to give him the contract if I knew he would take it. Maybe I'm naive, but I still firmly believe in the potential of this team if paired with a healthy Zion. The fact that he feels like he has one foot out the door is the part that really makes me cold on him at this point.

I don’t think the Zion situation is even remotely close to Embiid situation as Embiid knew there was a plan in place, he was in a large market, and the entire world wasn’t pushing for him to leave the team that drafted him. Sure he had injuries, but he didn’t have a weight problem that he couldn’t control which led to more injuries, he had to get over a foot problem, and the 76ers front office wasn’t selling the fan base a bunch of lies.

Zion has just as much potential of going the Brandon Roy (at best) Chris Washburn (at worst) route as he does the Joel Embiid route.

Has Zion ever said anything other than that he wanted to be here?

I don’t think the Zion situation is even remotely close to Embiid situation as Embiid knew there was a plan in place, he was in a large market, and the entire world wasn’t pushing for him to leave the team that drafted him. Sure he had injuries, but he didn’t have a weight problem that he couldn’t control which led to more injuries, he had to get over a foot problem, and the 76ers front office wasn’t selling the fan base a bunch of lies.

Zion has just as much potential of going the Brandon Roy (at best) Chris Washburn (at worst) route as he does the Joel Embiid route.
    Embiid could have also. He also weighs 280 or more now, so may have been heavier during his foot issues..

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Has Zion ever said anything other than that he wanted to be here?
    No. In fact he said that anyone that knows him knows he loves New Orleans. But if enough people speculate otherwise then it becomes true to many people I guess.

Zion loves the team & city but Griff? Him nor the rest of the team actually likes or have faith in the guy. Im no reporter or friend of any of the players. Just got a lil info from someone who works closely in the building and with/around the players.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Who really knows what is what? We just know what is reported which is often blatantly false. Then the "insiders" pop in and more than half the time they're wrong. Then you factor in people in the real world can and do change their minds. For all we know Zion actually wants to be here but next year he won't. The NBA soap opera drama is such a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    No. In fact he said that anyone that knows him knows he loves New Orleans. But if enough people speculate otherwise then it becomes true to many people I guess.
    Look at all the people at the end of this thread saying it was just made up by fake insiders when the nice guy on the first page was trying to tell you all this MONTHS ago

Maybe, next time people should listen instead of just having fan bias and believing what they want

MM really misses his DG Presser account.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    MM really misses his DG Presser account.
    He'll be back in another form. Craves the attention too much

Or…..he just can’t understand how bias overtakes truth to such an amazing degree. You guys were told over and over again about what was really going on with Zion. He did his entire last pod on it and if you listen to it now, it is exactly what we all now know to be truth. But since you are fans of the team and don’t want to believe it, then you didn’t. If you were a fan of a rival team and told it, though, you would have wanted to believe it. And therefore would have much sooner.

But go ahead and dismiss it. Again. In the future, when he is on another team, you will see every negative report on him and believe it without spending a second to question it. Kinda like you do with that AD guy now.

Pathetic

Or…..he just can’t understand how bias overtakes truth to such an amazing degree. You guys were told over and over again about what was really going on with Zion. He did his entire last pod on it and if you listen to it now, it is exactly what we all now know to be truth. But since you are fans of the team and don’t want to believe it, then you didn’t. If you were a fan of a rival team and told it, though, you would have wanted to believe it. And therefore would have much sooner.

But go ahead and dismiss it. Again. In the future, when he is on another team, you will see every negative report on him and believe it without spending a second to question it. Kinda like you do with that AD guy now.
    TBH there are waaaaaaaaaay more people who believe Zion and his camp are full of crap now more than positive vibes only fans. Not sure where you are looking but today most fans have seen the light and are out on Zion. Hell even other NBA fans are starting to turn on Zion if you based this on NBA reddit.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    TBH there are waaaaaaaaaay more people who believe Zion and his camp are full of crap now more than positive vibes only fans. Not sure where you are looking but today most fans have seen the light and are out on Zion. Hell even other NBA fans are starting to turn on Zion if you based this on NBA reddit.
    Now. Of course. Too many stories for even the most blind fans to ignore it any more. But there was a dude giving people this information 4 or 5 months ago and getting called a liar. Maybe, next time, believe someone

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Now. Of course. Too many stories for even the most blind fans to ignore it any more. But there was a dude giving people this information 4 or 5 months ago and getting called a liar. Maybe, next time, believe someone
    Sure thing, Mac.

Maybe Zion communicated with C.J. Maybe not.

Anyways, I don't feel like starting a new thread and there's like five silly chicken little-esque Zion threads going....so.....Chris Paul could have withdrawn from the all-star game and then BI could have gotten in (had he withdrawn days ago.....but instead CP3 will play token minutes and then miss 6 to 8 weeks.....like....what? #pelslife
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Even then some folks believed him as well.

I fully expect Zion to ask out

Doesn't mean Mac isn't a giant narcissist though

Thread Information